Interesting Astro Tweet re: Beane

1 minute ago, Rico said:

If I'm the Raiders, Edmunds has to be in the mix for Mack, and that's after I see him shine in a couple pre-season games.

Edmunds = Mittelstadt.  Gotta think it be a no-starter in this hypothetical, fairyland of an idea trade proposal.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Call me crazy, but I think Edmunds is one of a very few players on this team presently that is truly untouchable.

Yeah, I don't think McBeane would do it either, but that's who I would want.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It obviously depends on the Raiders openness in moving Mack, but, if they’re willing, two things work against them. 

1). He needs to get PAID. Giving up two 1sts AND turning around to immediately tie up massive cap space in a non-QB is bad business for anyone.  

2). This draft is loaded with DL talent.  

The Bills will have 80-100 million in cap space next year. A lot of dead cap space comes off the books next season. Those hoping for this move think he is both a trade and the equivalent to a FA 'big slash for next year'

Well maybe like Gruden said the defense was bad even with Mack in the line up...You never know if Mack really holds out maybe Gruden gets a Jerry Hughes a Adolphus Washington and a Shaq Lawson for the Raiders..That is not really a bad haul and those three could help a team and our first rounder next year...

10 minutes ago, JAMIEBUF12 said:

Well maybe like Gruden said the defense was bad even with Mack in the line up...You never know if Mack really holds out maybe Gruden gets a Jerry Hughes a Adolphus Washington and a Shaq Lawson for the Raiders..That is not really a bad haul and those three could help a team and our first rounder next year...

Only Shaq and Adolphus may not be good enough to even make the Bills, and Hughes turns 30 next week. That #1 has to be at the top of the draft.

Edited by Rico

41 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

How can you be so sure?

KB has one year left on his deal, and maybe they don’t see him as being part of the future.  Get something for him now.

WRT AJ Mc, maybe they like Peterman more. I believe they recoup like 2.5 million in cap room if they trade him.

Just thinking out loud.

Why would any team want to trade for AJ when they could've had in FA?

6 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Why would any team want to trade for AJ when they could've had in FA?

I DON’T KNOW...lol.

Perhaps some team, based on what they’ve seen thus far in camp, is re-evaluating their QB depth?  

For example, a team like Houston that has Brandon Weeden and Joe Webb behind Watson....

46 minutes ago, JAMIEBUF12 said:

I give that trade a .000000001% chance of happening.

Two players who've never produced squat and are on the roster bubble and a guy who plays the same position as Mack but one tenth as well?

Why would the Raiders do that?

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

I give that trade a .000000001% chance of happening.

Two players who've never produced squat and are on the roster bubble and a guy who plays the same position as Mack but one tenth as well?

Why would the Raiders do that?

I believe @JAMIEBUF12 meant Lawson, Washington, and our 2019 1st rounder.

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Would you rather have unproven Edmunds, or super-expensive but proven Mack? 

No one suggested that Edmunds would be part of any deal for Mack.  @Rico merely opined that Edmunds is who he would want as compensation if he were the Raiders.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

No one suggested that Edmunds would be part of any deal for Mack.  @Rico merely opined that Edmunds is who he would want as compensation if he were the Raiders.

I prefer to play the game my way. I’ll take the inexpensive enormous talent, so I guess I’m a gambler after all. (I just pray I’m right!) 

Just now, Augie said:

I prefer to play the game my way. I’ll take the inexpensive enormous talent, so I guess I’m a gambler after all. (I just pray I’m right!) 

They play different positions, but I agree with you.  Edmunds is one of a few players that would be completely “off the table” if I were Bills GM.

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Ah, you're right. I see that now. My mistake.

Okay....I give it a .000000002% chance, then.  :P

I agree.  The Raiders hold all the cards, and they’re not giving away arguably the best defensive player in the NFL.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

They play different positions, but I agree with you.  Edmunds is one of a few players that would be completely “off the table” if I were Bills GM.

Hard to ignore proven talent, but it may be one time where potential and cost effectiveness rule.

(Regardless of different positions.) 

Edited by Augie

Um, call me crazy, but.................................

Wouldn't the Bills trade for Mack with the idea of pairing him up with Edmunds?

Involving Edmunds in a trade for Mack defeats the very idea of acquiring Mack in the first place.

• Like (+1) 1