Browns fans react to Coleman trade

Rigotz

3 hours ago, FearLess Price said:

Wow.... we got em for a 7th rounder in 2020? Seems like too good of a steal....theres a catch here somewhere....im sure ill find it before Zay Jones does. :lol:

you're just awful.

Funnay as heck

but awful

: )

2 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Yeah. Proehl is a seventh. That is a gamble round.

at best

12 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

he is not that fast overall though is he? Explosiveness is Much more important I feel. Out of breaks and second gear are much more valuable than top speed. how's the the hands these days though ?

No he isn’t as fast as Goodwin but he is explosive in and out of his breaks. And he has better leaping ability than Odell

He always was a good hands Catcher at Baylor but his catch % in the NFL hasn’t been great but it can be a product of his QB play

he could be a golden tate, Doug Baldwin type with more speed

Most of the Browns fans posts were basically “good riddance” and speculating that Beane did Dorsey a favor by taking his salary off the books. After reading the Cleveland message boards I almost wish he’d fail his physical so the trade is voided.

7 minutes ago, vincec said:

Most of the Browns fans posts were basically “good riddance” and speculating that Beane did Dorsey a favor by taking his salary off the books. After reading the Cleveland message boards I almost wish he’d fail his physical so the trade is voided.

Really? That's not what I read AT ALL. Over at Dawgsbynature.com, all I'm seeing is people pissed off that the Browns traded him for such a meager return. The consensus seemed to be that he was doing well in camp, was penciled in as a starter, and was -- at worst -- one of the 4 best receivers on their roster.

I don't think Beane is in the business of doing anyone any favors. He simply added a speedy WR to a team lacking speed at that position and did so in a low-risk way. 

6 minutes ago, vincec said:

Homer talk.. 

The kid had 2 pretty flukey broken hands and look at the other WR they had !

He was second behind Gordon who played 5 games in rec and yards per game... !! 

We got a steal imo and if he doesn't work out it's no big deal, well worth the risk , especially it being a position and player type of need who has serious natural talent..

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Homer talk.. 

The kid had 2 pretty flukey broken hands and look at the other WR they had !

He was second behind Gordon who played 5 games in rec and yards per game... !! 

We got a steal imo and if he doesn't work out it's no big deal, well worth the risk , especially it being a position and player type of need who has serious natural talent..

Probably.

This is how the Dareus arguments/comparisons begin to end:

The local media has their knives out and ready

Pitch forks and torches ready to go as well

I haven't read anything about Coleman that even comes close to this stuff. Building a school in Haiti? Nice PR move, but, that's all it is. IF the jags have to cut Dareus, then yeah, we got the best deal possible for him. Complaining about the Dareus trade as of right now is already: weak. It's simply a weak argument. Getting what we got in a 5th is still better than nothing. IF the jags cut him, then this argument goes from weak to silly.

Looks like cut is much more likely than keep because: all it takes is one more thing. What are the chances that Dareus finally sees the light vs. the chances he screws up again, but better yet: why do you want any of this anywhere near your football team, never mind hanging over it?

14 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If he stays healthy this could be  Goodwin type of player. A steal!

Let's hope he's a good bit better than Goodwin.

Goodwin didn't do jack his entire time in Buffalo.

Other than get injured.

5 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Isnt his salary $3.5 mil? (Thought I read that earlier) 

If so, that's not much at all and I doubt they did any favors of taking that salary off the book of the Browns. 

His salary is 3.5 total for 2 years. 1.5 cap this year and 2.0 next year.

15 hours ago, SoTier said:

Buffalo ... Turning third overall picks into 6th round conditionals since 2017.

Buffalo ... Turning fourth overall picks into 2nd rounders since 2017.

and players!   don't forget the players!   and turning 2nd round picks into 3rd rounders and players too.    

And turning 2year from now 7th round picks in to former 15th overalls :D  

9 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Isnt his salary $3.5 mil? (Thought I read that earlier) 

If so, that's not much at all and I doubt they did any favors of taking that salary off the book of the Browns. 

And apparently the Brownies have a ton of cap space ..

I see alot of Browns fans saying Dez is a lock now, even if that's true , he's on the last leg of his career with not much upside versus a 3rd year , 1st Rd talent that had 2 flukey injuries, terrible QB play and was basically the #1 or 2 WR target in every game he played!

Gordon only played 5 games the last 2 years! Coleman was 2nd in Rec and yards per game , followed by guys like an injured Kenny Britt - 5 starts, 18 rec, 233 yds,2 TD. Ricardo Louis , 16 games, 9 starts, 27 rec , 357 yds, 0 TD and it only gets worse , ppl thought our wr were bad, sheesh ..

So it's likely teams game planned around stopping the playmaking Coleman , who should have never been in that position in the first place.. With all the variables on a mess of a Cle offense , this pick up has tremendous upside and wouldn't be surprising at all to see him have a breakout year 

Edited by JerseyBills

I think the Browns fans who say this was a good move for them are just trying to justify it to themselves, or do t really follow football. It wasnt a salary dump like Dareus. They have plenty of cap room and he was on a cheap deal. It was a move to maybe make room on the roster for someone else or to move him because he didnt fit their system. And of course theres risk for the Bill's in it, you dont get former first round picks on their rookie deals for a late pick if they dont have a blemish or 2. Coleman seems to be an injury risk and hasnt shown what he was expected to be able to do in his 2 years in the league. The Browns have been known for giving up on early picks quickly though.

I also wouldn't really go by the comments of a browns fan, can you really trust their judgement? They did chose to be a fan of the Browns........

10 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

I think the Browns fans who say this was a good move for them are just trying to justify it to themselves, or do t really follow football. It wasnt a salary dump like Dareus. They have plenty of cap room and he was on a cheap deal. It was a move to maybe make room on the roster for someone else or to move him because he didnt fit their system. And of course theres risk for the Bill's in it, you dont get former first round picks on their rookie deals for a late pick if they dont have a blemish or 2. Coleman seems to be an injury risk and hasnt shown what he was expected to be able to do in his 2 years in the league. The Browns have been known for giving up on early picks quickly though.

I also wouldn't really go by the comments of a browns fan, can you really trust their judgement? They did chose to be a fan of the Browns........

It’s equivelant to us trading away Shaq Lawson for a 2020 7th Rounder.  

Some here would justify it.  People would bad mouth Shaq.  Most who know football would criticize it as getting rid of a talented player (albeit underwhelming so far) on a cheap rookie deal.  

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Poor Brownies.  Trade Coleman for a bag of magic beans and the guy who made him expendable immediately gets popped for possession and driving with a suspended license.  

Luckily for them, they have a QB who doesn't throw to wide receivers.