Bills trade with Browns for Corey Coleman

2 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

In other news, Sammy Watkins injured his hip and has left Rams' practice

Watkins will retire having accomplished little in his career.

He's all potential, little performance.

Edited by Fadingpain

37 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Hopefully Terry Robiskie can bring out the best in Coleman.

How in the world would Cleveland’s scouting have not highlighted the issue before the 15th pick in the draft was expended on the guy?  

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

How in the world would Cleveland’s scouting have not highlighted the issue before the 15th pick in the draft was expended on the guy?  

This is becoming a bigger problem with the WRs coming into the NFL game from College where guys don't learn the entire route tree or the finer points of playing the position. . 

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

Which Cleveland Coaches because...is anyone sure what they know about playing WR in the NFL?

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

This is becoming a bigger problem with the WRs coming into the NFL game from College where guys don't learn the entire route tree or the finer points of playing the position. . 

OK, but again if you are going to expend a very valuable pick on a guy would you not dig deeper to have a better understanding of this situation?  It really seems like the Browns were simply negligent in missing the information.

This may have already been mentioned, not only is he blazingly fast(4.32 as hs senior and 4.37 pro day) but in hs was also one of the best high jumpers in Texas clearing 6'4". That is a great combination of athleticism for a wr.

Just now, BuffaloBill said:

OK, but again if you are going to expend a very valuable pick on a guy would you not dig deeper to have a better understanding of this situation?  It really seems like the Browns were simply negligent in missing the information.

The drafted him for his physical tools and I guess they believed he would develop faster to become acclimated to the NFL game.  He apparently hasn't been the best student of the game or the hardest worker.

2 hours ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

It’s nice coach speak to say you are building a “high character team”. Let’s be real, it’s impossible to field 53 guys who are truly high character. 

You might as well have them be receivers lol lining up on the side all by their lonesome

18 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

@thadbrown7

Just perusing Corey Coleman NFL stats... big red flag is catches per targets. 

He's made 56 receptions on 131 targets. That's 43%. 

Only two guys of top 80 last year in NFL receiving yards were below 50%. 

One was Dez Bryant. 

Maybe it's the injuries.

I heard on GR55 this morning  that some guy did a chart of the balls Kizer threw his way.

The morning crew said even with KB13's catch radius some of these passes that counted against him were uncatchable.

A 7th rounder in 2020 will hardly break the bank going forward and he has 2 controllable years at about 1.5m per left.

Trust the process.

14 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yes, which is why so few WRs were drafted in the 1st this past draft. The NFL, once again, stands for Not For Long. WRs who haven't been coached properly going in the first round based solely on "measurables" and hype-lights, but with no NFL rout-running preparation? Not. For. Long.

College football is regressing towards JV. It started on the path of being unwatchable(they huddle, get set, then everybody looks to the sideline for what to do) a few years ago, and it's rapidly reaching that point. If the only way you can win as a college coach, is to treat your players like children, then...expect a new college coach to destroy you, soon.

That's exactly what will happen to the current egomaniacs running college programs. A new crop of coaches(with the requisite balls) are going to come out of "nowhere" and start upsetting them. As a recruit(which I was) that's an easy choice. Why do I care about winning college games, if my real goal is to be a pro? You can stuff your "culture" if it means I end up as a 4th round pick, and lose out on $1 mil a year, for 4 years, because you never allowed me to read a defense.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

22 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Better to blame someone else for you failure at picking him then not developing him.

I like the value of a 7th in 2020 vs what the Browns used for him ;) 

Coach him up and make him a stud WR.... that would be funny.