Bills' 2018 Training Camp Practice Day 10 - Closed to the Public

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah I see Kyle Orton as his ceiling. Which isn't too bad but personally I'd prefer Peterman or Allen to start. I dont care about our record this year so I want to see the unknown. If they fail no harm done. If McCarron plays like Kyle Orton for one year what do we get out of it? I'd rather know what we have for the future. JMO

Agree with you here.  Unless they conclude that putting Allen in endangers his development more than hastening it, there is not much to be gained by playing AJ.  I do not want to see Peterman in the starting role though.  This makes no sense at all to me over Allen.  

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Orton was sneaky good and had some surprising plays up his sleeve. I think McCarron would be really well off to be able to reach that level. 

Yeah Orton was great, remember that play when he slid three yards short of a first down and nobody was within ten yards of him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

Is it possible that Peterman has some form of multiple personality disorders and half the time he's an NFL quarterback and the other half he's something akin to a rodeo clown? 

5 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Yeah Orton was great, remember that play when he slid three yards short of a first down and nobody was within ten yards of him.

Not specifically. lol. 

Still one of the better QB's we've had in a while. 

Which is sad. 

You'd think that the team bringing in someone who does similar things as you would encourage you to play even better and fight harder for the roster spot.. Not Robert Foster. 

I had high hopes for him, but it's looking unlikely that he's with the team much longer. 

Edited by whatdrought

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

if allen doesn't get the nod week one, the above is why i'd lean more toward starting nate. i would hate to see a.j. taking a sack on every other snap. i just think nate has a quicker, snappier release. i also think he's really improving at looking off the defense. i think due to injury somewhere, that a.j. is going to net us a trade and given the money he's making, i can see them going with peterman. would not surprise me one bit. he's gonna have the best pre season of all 3.

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Like (+1) 1

Allen coming with the third team in the first preseason game, I hope he gets the entire second half out there. Give the other two one quarter each. Then move Allen up and split first team reps with the winner of Peterman/AJM with the lead up to the 2nd game.

If Allen is horrendous vs. Carolina’s third string he continues to take 3rd team reps while the other spilt heading into the 2nd game.

4 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Allen coming with the third team in the first preseason game, I hope he gets the entire second half out there. Give the other two one quarter each. Then move Allen up and split first team reps with the winner of Peterman/AJM with the lead up to the 2nd game.

If Allen is horrendous vs. Carolina’s third string he continues to take 3rd team reps while the other spilt heading into the 2nd game.

If Allen is horrendous, it's very likely that you'll start to hear rumblings from fans and local media that it's time to begin scouting Justin Herbert and Will Grier.

3 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

If Allen is horrendous, it's very likely that you'll start to hear rumblings from fans and local media that it's time to begin scouting Justin Herbert and Will Grier.

Not really interested in playing make believe unless you dress up as Barbie and I can be Ken. 

Hopefully after the carolina game allen starts getting reps with the 1's, at least the 2's more often. Foster cant hold onto the ball, and allen had had a bunch of other drops. But obviously hes not going to be the opening day starter so those reps are going to be few and far between right now.

Edited by BillsSbSoon

15 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

That is most likely the plan

4 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I'm just going to wait until Thursday and get the eye test on the QBs.  Lots of guys get raving reviews in camps but then when they hit the field you ask where is the guy they were talking about in camp?  I don't see him anywhere.

Same here, though I will reserve judgment until at least two preseason games.