Astro notes Sunday 8/5

Good to hear ‘Robyn’s updated evaluation of Allen’s  footwork. We could never get JPL to become accurate on short throws, Trent Edwards to throw deep, Fitz to work on his accuracy or EJM to grow a pair. 

Its been pretty evident to everyone the kid cares to improve.

34 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Good to hear ‘Robyn’s updated evaluation of Allen’s  footwork. We could never get JPL to become accurate on short throws, Trent Edwards to throw deep, Fitz to work on his accuracy or EJM to grow a pair. 

Good to hear the "Wyo" is at camp again.  I miss reading her stuff from the old board and Fambase.

Classy lady.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, APoxOnYou said:

Yeah. It seems that from the tweets today Allen had a bad day. 

I think Allen had an average day.  Today was the PERFECT day for one's confirmation bias.  If you think he stinks and has a lot to improve upon.... it was "bad".  IF you think he is good and is showing off good things it was "decent". However,  I am in the middle and it was "okay".  However,  the worse part of practice wasnt the QBs or the line it was the heat and dang humidity.  I could not stay dry...  kinda gross and tmi but meh.

Edited by aceman_16

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

Is it just me or did it seem Astro went to a different practice then the other post with media tweets?

That’s one of the reasons I love reading Astro’s reports so much, he does have a different perspective than many others who report

It helps me keep in mind that the truth of what’s really happening is probably somewhere in between, or maybe even outside both boundaries depending on what the coaches are really looking for

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

Is it just me or did it seem Astro went to a different practice then the other post with media tweets?

Half the time, the media is barely paying attention or has an agenda to push. One said Peterman was having his best day? By other reports, he's had MUCH better days. Another one said AJ is looking Sharp? Then we saw that horrible INT to Davis.

You have to take all these reports with a grain of salt. Even Astro's ( but his are much more satisfying to read.)

That's why it's really special when we actually get some video of their throws. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Half the time, the media is barely paying attention or has an agenda to push. One said Peterman was having his best day? By other reports, he's had MUCH better days. Another one said AJ is looking Sharp? Then we saw that horrible INT to Davis.

You have to take all these reports with a grain of salt. Even Astro's ( but his are much more satisfying to read.)

That's why it's really special when we actually get some video of their throws. 

I was reading the media tweets and thought to myself, Yikes.. Peterman isnt doing too hot today.  Then all of a sudden, rando reporter tweets out he thinks it was Petermans best day.... eh, ok?

Edited by SCBills

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Fitz worked pretty hard on it. And short of Orton I’d say most of those guys cared 

• Like (+1) 1

Keep in mind media see every single practice so if Josh Allen has a comparatively bad day, it'll be reported as such. However, he hasn't really had BAD days so take it for what it is. 

So far I'm happy with what I've seen in person and read - hopefully Allen continues to improve and prove me wrong. 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That’s one of the reasons I love reading Astro’s reports so much, he does have a different perspective than many others who report

It helps me keep in mind that the truth of what’s really happening is probably somewhere in between, or maybe even outside both boundaries depending on what the coaches are really looking for

Exactly my point. Well, nearly exactly...btw, shouldnt you be on Coleman post patrol?