Sam Darnold Dazzles In Debut

Domdab99

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Don't waste your breath. Trust me.

It’s funny, I’ve seen pretty much every game Darnold has played and seen him play live 3 times. He was my favorite QB prospect this year and I think he’s going to be awesome.

Say that his 13 completions for 96 yards is pedestrian (because it is) and yippee, watch the guys who know less about Darnold than I do try and argue.

Edited by Jay_Fixit
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It’s fixed and it very obvious to see that it’s fixed. That is the problem with your broken argument.

Fair enough. I agree, it is only one preseason game and people shouldn’t get carried away but his motion is very much improved..anyone who doesn’t see that isn’t trying to see it. 

Sorry, didn’t mean to come at ya’ like that but the motions difference is so significant that i’m not understanding how anyone who watches the sports, doesn’t see this.

It is absolutely not fixed there is video evidence of the game last night showing it. 

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

I was a huge fan of Darnold as a prospect and fully expect him to be a very good player for a long time. If the Bills had had a chance at taking him, they would have sprinted to the podium to draft him. Don’t think otherwise.

...so then they reluctantly went to the podium and selected Allen with great disdain?.....thanks for the incite......good Lord the results are ALREADY in...........

7 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

It is absolutely not fixed there is video evidence of the game last night showing it. 

That video evidence supports my claim, not yours. You are just pretending it does in this delusional attempt to convince yourself and others that the release is the same.

Get a grip dude.

6 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

i will not overreact to preseason performances.

Yeah, this is a little much but the Star Ledger, NY daily news loves to go overboard.

solid showing for Darnold but I’m with you...little much.

Edited by Patriot Killa

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

That video evidence supports my claim, not yours. You are just pretending it does in this delusional attempt to convince yourself and others that the release is the same.

Get a grip dude.

...fun stuff isn't it??.....kid hasn't played competitive ball in seven months.....realizes his lifelong NFL dream and signs for mega millions...and his release is a major concern?......I'd bet adrenaline doen't have a damn thing to do with it.....just like Allen, NEITHER survive first round cuts.....

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Get a grip dude.

Yeah, this is a little much but the Star Ledger, NY daily news loves to go overboard.

solid showing for Darnold but I’m with you...little much.

My take on all of this is, no I don’t see a completely fixed throwing motion, he may have improved it but certainly no where near perfect. But I will say that he was impressive last night and did all of the things you would want your rookie QB to do. I don’t buy any of the stuff people are saying about how he only made the short easy throws, from what I saw he made the correct throws given the situations he was in and did a good job moving the chains. That is where someone like Tom Brady has had so much success over the years

Man... lots of rose colored glasses. 

Lets be real... i think a lot of Bills fans would have been happy had the Bills had a shot at SD. 

Instead he went to a rival.  The Bills fan in me wants him to crash and burn BUT at the same time I feel more dislike for Rosen at this stage (the 'right' josh on draft day) than SD bc id love nothing more than a kelly/marino thing for the next 10 yrs w SD/JA. 

In the end, the Jets took the guy who was the better prospect bc he was/is closer to cant miss.

Bills got the guy who could be the best qb in the class, but also has bust potential.

I came around on JA after getting over the draft day disappointment bc McBeane know the deal and they arent stupid. If JA is the guy they hitch their wagon to great.... i can get behind that.

Now that preseason gm 1 is in the books, everything appears to be positive for BOTH guys. 

Potential and flaws, same as it ever was, with both players hopefully improving and growing into their own. 

Its ONE game that doesnt even count. 

Let things play out and enjoy that at the moment, the sky is the limit. 

Im happy their 1st games could both be deemed successes and nothing happened w either to where fan bases are asking WTF. 

In a way it reminded me of the 1st preseason gane we watched TT. It was different... and EXCITING.

Good stuff, but nothing huge here to change either outlook and most of it is positive.

Again... its 1 PRESEASON game. Yeesh

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Did you forget he also threw a TD too? Darnold is a better player than Allen at this point, everyone knows that. NO college is over and we actually DONT know that.

The question is will Allen develop into a better one in the FUTURE.

He's also far more accurate (as it seems all the 1st round rookies are & always have been) than Allen.   Sure is nice throwing those 10 yard gimme passes with nobody around the receiver playing with the 2nd team as opposed to Allen throwing bombs with third team recievers that wont lay out for a big play ball.    The difference between Allen and Darnold it seems is the willingness to try to make a big play Hoping our coaching staff can somehow crack that code & get Allen at least to 60%. Oddly enough, Teddy Bridgewater might be the best QB on that team, but is probably the odd man out atm.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Who cares about other QBs. Assess Darnold based on his own charactersitics.  Let's hear it rather than a lazy generalization. 

I find it interesting that we are told not to base darnold against other qbs but for some reason it is perfectly ok to rag on Allen’s college completion percentage in comparison to other qbs and that seems perfectly ok

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I find it interesting that we are told not to base darnold against other qbs but for some reason it is perfectly ok to rag on Allen’s college completion percentage in comparison to other qbs and that seems perfectly ok

Can't speak for others, but I look at prospects based on who they are.  He'll make it or not on his own merits and not because of what someone else was in the past.  Same for Allen. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't think it's the Bills who should be looking sideways at Darnold's progress, but the team that passed on him with the pick before.  Barkley didn't look that special, and the only reason NY press took it easy on Eli's outing is because Webb was horrendous.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Darnold and Allen will be an awesome rivalry to watch for the next decade. I almost never buy into the hype, but I have followed Darnold for a while and thought he was the best QB in the draft, far ahead of the other QBs. I have changed my mind in regards to who is the best QB in the draft was, but that doesn't make Darnold any less special. Buckle-up buckarooz, these two kids are going to be something special. 

caitlyn-jenner-runs-over-crowd-of-people

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so then they reluctantly went to the podium and selected Allen with great disdain?.....thanks for the incite......good Lord the results are ALREADY in...........

Huh?? They obviously liked Allen. From everything I read, though, it was pretty clear that they coveted Darnold.  There is a reason he was taken before Allen.

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Huh?? They obviously liked Allen. From everything I read, though, it was pretty clear that they coveted Darnold.  There is a reason he was taken before Allen.

Agreed. It seemed Allen was their second choice. There was another QB they wanted , and it was most likely Darnold. They had a choice of QBs left when they moved up and picked the guy they liked most. If they had managed to get a higher pick I’d wager it wouldn’t have been Allen. Why some fans wouldn’t acknowledge this is beyond me. 

• Like (+1) 2