Sam Darnold Dazzles In Debut

Domdab99

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

There it is. plain as day

Big part of it yes it was. He’s also gonna have less time throwing in the pocket and d ends are gonna knock that ball out when he winds up. 

Nonsense.  Stick to your script though as we will see. 

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

So you’re saying his mechanics are fine? 

Still waiting on your assessment that determines he'll be turnover prone.  He looked just fine last night with pocket presennce, accuracy, delivery, and showed the same playmaking ability demonstrated at USC. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Still waiting on your assessment that determines he'll be turnover prone.  He looked just fine last night with pocket presennce, accuracy, delivery, and showed the same playmaking ability demonstrated at USC. 

Not once have I said he won’t make plays. He will. But he will turn the ball over more than most. Flaws in his throwing motion will cause that as it did at usc. You cannot deny his flawed motion. 

Just now, aristocrat said:

Not once have I said he won’t make plays. He will. But he will turn the ball over more than most. Flaws in his throwing motion will cause that as it did at usc. You cannot deny his flawed motion. 

That isn't what caused his turnovers. It was poor decisions (interceptions) and not securing the ball in the pocket (fumbles).  

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

If he does have turnovers (interceptions) in his career, it'll be tied to decision making rather than his release that too many people make an issue of. 

...EXACTLY......stats can be misleading and easily manipulated.....did not watch the game, so I can't comment on his release timing....but couldn't it be easily influenced by check downs or swing passes to RB's?.....hard to separate reads, progressions, and decision making all needing to happen in <5 seconds.......so Brady averaged 2.71 and Drew 2.59....how many games were they north of 300 yards?.....Sam threw for 96.......and comparing this youngster to those HOF'ers doesn't make much sense anyway...

16 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

So we’re just going to keep going with the false notion his motion looks enlongated still? This is tiring. Does everyone here ignore factual evidence and make up their own angle to argument from?

i certainly hope not. Allen look decent but I don’t think Allen lovers should be talking about possible turnovers on the next level.

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...EXACTLY......stats can be misleading and easily manipulated.....did not watch the game, so I can't comment on his release timing....but couldn't it be easily influenced by check downs or swing passes to RB's?.....hard to separate reads, progressions, and decision making all needing to happen in <5 seconds.......so Brady averaged 2.71 and Drew 2.59....how many games were they north of 300 yards?.....Sam threw for 96.......and comparing this youngster to those HOF'ers doesn't make much sense anyway...

It even says in the article that “albeit a small sample size” ...nothing you said was ground breaking.

the point of the article was that his release is waaaaay quicker than his USC days.

Edited by Patriot Killa

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

So we’re just going to keep going with the false notion his motion looks enlongated still? This is tiring. Does everyone here ignore factual evidence and make up their own angle to argument from?

i certainly hope not. Allen look decent but I don’t think Allen lovers should be talking about possible turnovers on the next level.

It even says in the article that “albeit a small sample size” ...nothing you said was ground breaking.

the point of the article was that his release is waaaaay quicker than his USC days.

Until he fixes the motion...which he probably can’t. It will be brought up. People still bring up rivers motion.  I saw him throw last night and it was there . 

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

....sorry....wasn't trying to break ground.....sold my shovel........Jesus......he's a freakin' kid in his FIRST pre-season game.....

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Until he fixes the motion...which he probably can’t. It will be brought up. People still bring up rivers motion.  I saw him throw last night and it was there . 

It’s fixed and it very obvious to see that it’s fixed. That is the problem with your broken argument.

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....sorry....wasn't trying to break ground.....sold my shovel........Jesus......he's a freakin' kid in his FIRST pre-season game.....

Fair enough. I agree, it is only one preseason game and people shouldn’t get carried away but his motion is very much improved..anyone who doesn’t see that isn’t trying to see it. 

Sorry, didn’t mean to come at ya’ like that but the motions difference is so significant that i’m not understanding how anyone who watches the sports, doesn’t see this.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Come on, man.  I liked how Allen looked too, but 10x's the prospect?  Nah...

It was dink and dunk by design. He also just took what the defense gave him..which is all that was needed. Do people want him to be like Geno Smith and throw 40 yards into double coverage just so they can have something real to complain about lmao? 

I dont understand how a player can get so much hate for simply taking what the defense gives him, making correct reads and showing he isn’t lost. He took a few shots anyway.??‍♂️

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

It was dink and dunk by design. He also just took what the defense gave him..which is all that was needed. Do people want him to be like Geno Smith and throw 40 yards into double coverage just so they can have something real to complain about lmao? 

I dont understand how a player can get so much hate for simply taking what the defense gives him, making correct reads and showing he isn’t lost. He took a few shots anyway.??‍♂️

The TD throw is an example of the playmaking ability he showed at USC.  He was good last night. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The TD throw is an example of the playmaking ability he showed at USC.  He was good last night. 

Exactly. A rookie with a rookie mindset would of ran the ball because of the space Atlanta was tempting him with. He directed his WR to the sideline, drew back and fired across his body and right on the mark. Not to mention he basically threw 3 touchdowns in three plays in a row all to the same guy..Darnold wouldn’t be denied.

Edited by Patriot Killa

1 hour ago, bobblehead said:

Y’all think this thread is retarded, wait until Rosen plays tonight. Ugh  

It’s gonna be like a Petrie dish in here.

I just take comfort in the fact Arizona settled for Rosen after trying to trade up for Allen.

20 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It’s fixed and it very obvious to see that it’s fixed. That is the problem with your broken argument.

Fair enough. I agree, it is only one preseason game and people shouldn’t get carried away but his motion is very much improved..anyone who doesn’t see that isn’t trying to see it. 

Sorry, didn’t mean to come at ya’ like that but the motions difference is so significant that i’m not understanding how anyone who watches the sports, doesn’t see this.

...we're fine...all is good bud......these are kids who haven't played competitive ball in seven months...and the NFL is a whole different stratosphere.......I've worn out the Steve Young quote, but again he said "more collegians fail versus succeed at the NFL level due to the speed and complexity of the game"......these youngsters aren't even teething or crawling yet and the keyboard yipsters (all experts of course) are ALREADY critiquing their PRE-SEASON performances....at least it provides comic (or pathetic) relief....:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1