Sam Darnold Dazzles In Debut

Domdab99

On 8/5/2018 at 5:38 AM, Jerry Jabber said:

Just wait until Jimmy Spagnola shows up on TSW before each Bills/Jets game.

Nothing is worse than someone who hasn't a clue what reality is.

Just to clear things up, fellas.. Darnold has gotten the majority of his training camp reps with the 1st team..also got mixed reps the scrimmage game. He has been able to read blitzes, audible out of plays and go thru his progressions quickly..love what i’ve been seeing....but anyway I’m not here to state a case or gloat. 

That trolling crap is lame..especially on other teams boards.

Hope all the Qb’s develop nice and we can have old fashioned QB duels. The overall QB talent is garbage lately. Too many spread concepts in college are stunting QB’s growth and when they get to the pro level, they can’t read a defense or go through more than 2 progressions.

besides, Allen and Darnold are really good friends. Should be a cool matchup twice a year.

Edited by Patriot Killa
  • Like (+1) 6

On 8/5/2018 at 5:38 AM, Jerry Jabber said:

Just wait until Jimmy Spagnola shows up on TSW before each Bills/Jets game.

I love Spags....

On 8/5/2018 at 8:16 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I’m trying to wrap my head around how playing with the 3rds makes Josh Allen one of the most disappointing draftees to date per Bleacher Report, but playing with the 3rd string makes Darnold dazzling

Because we are the Bills.... Duh..... :D

On 8/5/2018 at 11:06 PM, OCinBuffalo said:

Way. To. Go. Nancy. Drew.

Way. To. Go. Nancy. Drew.

Sarcasm gets you nowhere. You want to call out a joke profile and fight it. But your Nancy Drew reference ?? bravo

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Nah.  J/K.  Long time to go before we know anything.  It'll be at least a couple of years. 

Hey, I've been a Darnold detractor for a while now and that certainly puts me in the minority.  It would not be the first time I've been wrong.   

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Nah.  J/K.  Long time to go before we know anything.  It'll be at least a couple of years. 

Not trying to take anything away from him but did you walk away thinking his play was much more superior to Josh or Peterman for that matter? He made short, precise throws but my God!, that ATL D was putrid. Every reception was mostly uncontested. Not a DB near the wideouts. His game did seem a bit more polished and I guess that's to be expected. Like you said, at least a couple years.

Like Mayfield, Darnold showed some good awareness that Josh Allen doesn't seem to have yet. I think most people expected that.

He made some good passes from a messy pocket. If I were a Jets fan, I would feel good about Darnold. 

All the first round rookie QBs are looking good. We'll see. Could be a new elite generation.

• Like (+1) 3

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:21 AM, Domdab99 said:

WATCH: Sam Darnold highlights from Jets' Green and White scrimmage at Rutgers, his large-scale unveiling

Sam Darnold passes first spotlight test with flying colors

It's over, Guys. Sam Darnold is the Second Coming. Just watch what he does against air and how he tosses the ball when he's warming up. 

Darnold played well as the third quarterback to take the field. He completed 9-of-11 passes for 89 yards. He also ran for 13 yards on two scrambles and was sacked twice.

I'm not sure how the Bills can compete. ?

Did you forget he also threw a TD too? Darnold is a better player than Allen at this point, everyone knows that. The question is will Allen develop into a better one in the FUTURE.

He's also far more accurate (as it seems all the 1st round rookies are & always have been) than Allen. Hoping our coaching staff can somehow crack that code & get Allen at least to 60%. Oddly enough, Teddy Bridgewater might be the best QB on that team, but is probably the odd man out atm.

Edited by BigDingus

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Like Mayfield, Darnold showed some good awareness that Josh Allen doesn't seem to have yet. I think most people expected that.

He made some good passes from a messy pocket. If I were a Jets fan, I would feel good about Darnold. 

All the first round rookie QBs are looking good. We'll see. Could be a new elite generation.

....sure would make for some interesting QB competition on Sundays like the good 'ol days........