[reopened. behave your fine selves] Kelvin Benjamin criticizes time with Panthers, Cam Newton

I've got a bud who was drafted by the Ravens and signed his second deal with the Panthers. He said it was the worst mistake he ever made. Culture, locker room, coaches and management were great in Baltimore. He said Carolina was a disaster.  Ruined his career is what he told me. Not excusing KB for opening his mouth but I think he's prolly being honest and wanted to get it off his chest. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Sammy was no saint to us "little people with out little jobs"

That was directed at the losers who talked crap to him on social media.  If you weren’t one of those losers, you shouldn’t have a problem with the comment. 

13 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

This is not true.  Many teammates hated Cam. Steve Smith, the CB that okay for Washington, many players. In practices when they're working Newton routinely tries to make them look bad and taunt them when he doesn't like the defense. He picks fights.

He takes the blame by walking off camera.  He takes the blame by not going after touchdowns. He takes the blames by staring bkankely at Ken Dorsey. L

Watch more games. Teammates don't have his back. He gets his ass beat and teammates don't protect him. Remember a few years ago against Cleveland it got rowdy because they took out Manuel to get back at us?  You never see that in Carolina because they don't like him. 

The organization is moving on from him in 2 yes, iirc, when the contract allows them to dump him.  The defense will fall apart as soon as Keuchly is forced to retire. The Panthers are going no where and Newton ain't the answer.

Haha, so predictable and consistent.  

I kinda hurts your argument that 1) you get hurt, team makes the SB, and your terrible qb wins the mvp and 2) in the middle of a playoff race on team with bad wrs, you get traded for mid round picks and the team makes the playoffs again without you.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That's not how you do it.  Need to find a QB he can grow with...

And maybe he will end up looking for and getting that. His agent may advise him of that. Or maybe he’s just blaming his past production on the QB to get paid, and then once he gets paid he won’t care as much about the QB is for the future 

17 hours ago, SWATeam said:

Kelvin is a monster on the field  All he needs is an accurate QB who can place the ball up high or on the back shoulder.  I think he's a top 5 redzone target.  Only question I have is health, otherwise he's poised for a big year IMO.

Exaclty! Like he had in college! ?

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That was directed at the losers who talked crap to him on social media.  If you weren’t one of those losers, you shouldn’t have a problem with the comment. 

Haha, so predictable and consistent.  

I kinda hurts your argument that 1) you get hurt, team makes the SB, and your terrible qb wins the mvp and 2) in the middle of a playoff race on team with bad wrs, you get traded for mid round picks and the team makes the playoffs again without you.  

We made the playoffs without him, too.  

They win by defense. Newton is a small part of that team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

And maybe he will end up looking for and getting that. His agent may advise him of that. Or maybe he’s just blaming his past production on the QB to get paid, and then once he gets paid he won’t care as much about the QB is for the future 

I was kidding.

That's what "elite" WRs say when they are shuffled off to their 3rd team in 4 seasons.

2 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Surprising comments. You can do a lot worse at QB than Cam Newton. 

Im thinking his point is more about the fit.  A qb who is excellent at placing the ball would get a lot of k benj....  think Coleston in New Orleans... 

Cam isn’t that sort of passer, he can rifle it down field to the most open guy. That’s not Benj.  

Maybe there really isn’t a knock on anyone here... just citing some facts and a suboptimal paring...

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Those are mediocre numbers if divided by 7.

Cam has had I believe two good years and the rest pretty avaerage. 

If his next 7 years produce the same yards, he’s in the top ten all time for passing yards. It’s not mediocre. Brady had 26,364 over the same period.  Which included an undefeated, 50TD season. Cams doing just fine. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Did they miss a beat when he wasn't starting?  No.

Newton is not that good.  He will not be starting in 4 years.

They were just as good with Jimmy Claussen and Derrick Anderson ?   

I must have missed the part where AnderClaussen ran over linebackers and won MVP’s  ???

Cam is awesome and it’s really not up for debate unless you reside in wrongville.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

This is not true.  Many teammates hated Cam. Steve Smith, the CB that okay for Washington, many players. In practices when they're working Newton routinely tries to make them look bad and taunt them when he doesn't like the defense. He picks fights.

He takes the blame by walking off camera.  He takes the blame by not going after touchdowns. He takes the blames by staring blankly at Ken Dorsey. L

Watch more games. Teammates don't have his back. He gets his ass beat and teammates don't protect him. Remember a few years ago against Cleveland it got rowdy because they took out Manuel to get back at us?  You never see that in Carolina because they don't like him. 

The organization is moving on from him in 2 yes, iirc, when the contract allows them to dump him.  The defense will fall apart as soon as Keuchly is forced to retire. The Panthers are going no where and Newton ain't the answer.

That’s more like it.

If it were Boyst62 season, Cam Newton is the only bait you’d need to get him on your hook????

13 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Exaclty! Like he had in college! ?

11 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

I must have missed the part where AnderClaussen ran over linebackers and won MVP’s  ???

Cam is awesome and it’s really not up for debate unless you reside in wrongville.  

Their defense was not at all close to what it was the next few years.  But carry on with this belief that Cam is a top 8 QB. I'd probably make a good argument he is not top 10.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

Their defense was not at all close to what it was the next few years.  But carry on with this belief that Cam is a top 8 QB. I'd probably make a good argument he is not top 10.

My favorite songs by you are “higher ground”

”isn’t she lovely” and “I just called to say I love you”  

“Part time lover” bangs too though ! 

20 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

...LMAO!..."The Pickle", limo and all...only Canton he's going to is in NY, home of St. Lawrence University...

People on here who think Cam was the problem for KB being out of shape, lazy, and having a limited route tree are just not being honest. If Cam was on your team, you would be more than happy. For all his imperfections, he is still a franchise QB who has won an MVP, broken numerous records, and taken his team to the SB. His teammates love and respect him as well as his community in the Carolinas.

The real question here is why KB is saying this now? Is he already preparing his excuse why he’s going to be an absolute disappointment for the Bills this year, because he doesn’t have a HOF QB throwing too him? Good luck with that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1