Mahomes Struggling in Camp

H2o

36 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Just under 69 yards in the air. Great throw. 

It showcased his arm strength. It didn't showcase anything he'll need to do consistently as an NFL QB.

That throw is much more important. That is a throw he can't afford to make against a vanilla preseason 2nd string defense. I don't care if his arm is strong if he can't make smart decisions with the ball.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 8/12/2018 at 6:06 PM, GunnerBill said:

I totally undeestand why they didn't take Watson while having a lame duck GM. Just think ultimately every team that passed on Deshaun Watson will regret it. But the Bills future is now tied to Josh Allen. How Deshaun Watson and Pat Mahomes play may be nice N "if" L type topics in 10 years time but ultimately the reality is that all that matters is the fate of Josh Allen. 

I am feeling better about that decision every time I see Josh Allen play in a bills uniform

Remember.....its

Tre White

Josh Allen

Without giving up future first round picks

• Like (+1) 1

Here's another pick Mahomes threw that the defender just dropped:

And all over Twitter the only thing people are talking about is a deep TD he threw to a wide open Tyreek Hill. This is why you don't look at stat lines in preseason.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Just under 69 yards in the air. Great throw. 

Hill beat the coverage by a lot...to Mahomes credit he was able to get it there...but nothing great about the throw besides the arm strength 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, zevo said:

Hill beat the coverage by a lot...to Mahomes credit he was able to get it there...but nothing great about the throw besides the arm strength 

Hill had to slow down a bit. 

9 hours ago, HappyDays said:

It showcased his arm strength. It didn't showcase anything he'll need to do consistently as an NFL QB.

That throw is much more important. That is a throw he can't afford to make against a vanilla preseason 2nd string defense. I don't care if his arm is strong if he can't make smart decisions with the ball.

Watch that again, and watch his almost int in the red zone.

He literally didn't even scan the girls for defenders either time.

The int that the safety jumped in front on was clearly just the fact that he didn't even look to see if the safety was there, he was throwing it to that receiver no matter what from the get go.

CHIEFS 28, FALCONS 14

kan.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Kansas City Chiefs

Late in the first half, Patrick Mahomes showed why the Chiefs are so excited about his potential. He uncorked a throw not many NFL quarterbacks could make with an over-the-top pass to Tyreek Hill that traveled about 70 yards in the air. The 69-yard TD was Mahomes' first of the preseason. But Mahomes also showed some growing pains. He threw an interception into double coverage on the previous possession. -- Adam Teicher

For those of you implying that Mahomes throw wasn't perfect because Hill had to slow down.......STOP!   Just STOP!   He made a throw that very few QB's could make.

Having said that, he made plenty of errors as well and he needs to get that under control or he's going to turn into a turnover machine which was the exact opposite of his predecessor. 

My two big knocks on Mahomes coming out were 1) footwork and 2) accuracy and speed of decisions in the redzone when the windows get tight.

On 1) his footwork has gone from an absolute tire fire to jusy ugly. Which is an improvement. Sometimes it has no effect on his accuracy but sometimes it does. Will be interesting to watch as the season develops. 

On 2) that was on the film again last night. This is what he has to fix. 

I think he will make more plays than Alex Smith did but he will make more mistakes and throw more picks too. Where that balance lands will define his career. 

• Like (+1) 1

Yeh strange I have seen nothing but positives about his performance last week.  I watched all of his throws and he was god awful.  The one touchdown he did throw he held the ball way to long and just blindly heaved it. Looked like a steaming pile of turds tho.  The only mention of the Bills game was the McCarron injury by the national media. No Love

1 hour ago, Soda Popinski said:

So my JP Losman suspicions are bearing fruit.    

Haha.  This thread is hilarious.  Allen throws for 60 yards = GOAT.  Mahomes throws the ball in the air for more yards than Allen did in his game = JP Losman!!!

You also know Mahomes started a game his rookie year. JP did not. Mahomes threw for 284 in a road win.  Losman didn’t start until his 2nd year and was dreadful.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LosmJ.00/gamelog/2005/

its ok to really like Allen.  But this thread is so irrationally trying to hate Mahomes.  It’s kinda embarrassing. 

• Sad 1