"Number 1" WR Jordan Matthews Placed on IR by the Patriots - Serious Hamstring Injury

3 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

no probably not now, i didn't realize it was that bad.   

Seems like it is- sucks for him I think he runs excellent routes and has sure hands too! Patriots have alot of holes, yet they will keep winning as long as Brady is there.

Edited by billsfan_34

14 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

He was competing with Hogan and cordarelle Patterson for the top outside receiver.

Technically Edelman is slot and gronk is te, but yes, they would be the #1-2 guys with Hogan/Jordan/Patterson getting third on the priority list.

Cooks was basically their #3 last year also.

Matthews is a solid receiver, so let's stop acting like he's garbage because he was hurt a lot here.

Are you kidding me?   Cordarelle is competing for a roster spot.  He's a career STs guy.  Name any other team in the league where Hogan competes for #1.  New England is a total anomaly.

If Matthews is a #1 WR its only because your WRs are crap.  JMatt The Durable is on his last legs due to injury and declining production.  It was true last offseason and its true now.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to "Number 1" WR Jordan Matthews Released by the Patriots - Serious Hamstring Injury
1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Eric Decker

I'm sure all the women in the area will love that after his wife's comments about his package size...

lol....Porch Pirates would swarm his NE home if he signs.

33 minutes ago, wppete said:

Jordan Matthews

I really hope we do and put him on IR until healthy.

yeah why not. Then if he leaves next year and has comeback player of the year type year. Bills would be in line for positive compensatory pick formula action.

He only signed for 1 million with Pats. That is worth a comp pick chance for Bills.

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

As much as I hate on the Bills wrs, the Pats aren’t much better. It’s crazy how Brady elevates such average at best talent. I do think Hogan could have a big year (fantasy sleeper).

Hes not a sleeper hes expected to have a good year. Hes ranked around 30-35 at WR this year. 

4 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Are you kidding me?   Cordarelle is competing for a roster spot.  He's a career STs guy.  Name any other team in the league where Hogan competes for #1.  New England is a total anomaly.

If Matthews is a #1 WR its only because your WRs are crap.  JMatt The Durable is on his last legs due to injury and declining production.  It was true last offseason and its true now.

What are you even arguing?

Patterson was listed behind Hogan and Matthews on the depth chart, and had between 350-450 or so yards receiving every year but one, he's basically a #3-#4 receiver, which is right where it put him.

Matthews had 850-950 or so yards each season in Philly

He's a solid #2-#3 guy in most teams in the league when he's healthy, which hasn't been often lately.

Pats are cutting bait because of what seems like a pretty significant injury from the current reports.

I'm not sure what you're arguing about.

I don't think he's a #1 receiver by any means, I was just laughing at the title calling him "#1 receiver" all sarcastically on the title, acting like he's trash, when he's only being cut because he's an above average receiver who looks like he has a major injury, which the pats don't feel like waiting for to recover, since they have absurd receiving depth.

He earned his degree in Economics from Vanderbilt.  I think he is probably set up well for life post-football.  

I enjoyed him as a Bill last year even with the two significant injuries.  He definitely fit the McBeane culture but couldn't stay healthy.  I think the Bills saw a player with a broken body.

8 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Sammy just signed a deal to be one the highest paid WRs in the league and JMatt's career is on life support and the only thing that surprises me about this situation is Sammy signed for $16 million when I figured he'd get $12 MM - $14MM.

I hear ya but his play in 17 did not earn him those dollars. Overpaid IMHO. 

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Sammy had more tds than all our wrs combined and just got $16 million/ year.  

Matthews is a JAG 

Im not disagreeing on Matthews at all but....really? As I said to @Jauronimo lacking sting with these numbers in the case of Sammy. 

Year
Team
REC
YDS
AVG
LNG
TD

LA

I really like Matthews, he was well spoken and a true professional. He seems very intelligent and took a gamble on himself to make the Pats squad. I lurk on their forums from time to time. They’re mostly positive about Matthews. As they cited just like we did last year his previous tenure with the eagles he was very productive in his first three years with them. Then he came to buffalo where WRs come to die(hopefully that is in the works to be the opposite).