Allen already a factor in QB race ?

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You are correct that the final determination shouldn’t come after a few practices however it is a bit comforting to know that Josh Allen does not look out of place against legit NFL competition to hear some talk about it this guy was going to look like a total scrub because he came from a lesser college and didn’t have great numbers last year maybe we should trust the bills coaches a little more since they have earned it with a playoff appearance

Amen and period to that John

Screenshot_20180729-194845.thumb.png.23474c2c725ad4097ae12b78d3e5792b.png

6 hours ago, BB@Shooter said:

How did he injure the same shoulder 3 times? Whoever put that out is poorly misinformed. He hurt it his 1st game at Wyoming , got it operated on and redshirted the rest of the year. The next year he played the whole year and never got hurt. His last year he hurt it against Air Force and missed the 2nd half and the next two games. He then played in the bowl game to end his season with a blowout and win. Then played in the Senior Bowl and was North MVP. Does anyone need some more real history on Allen?

I literally don't give two ***** about half the stuff you wrote. I just want to point out when people say he's durable because he is big and tall or whatever, it is not true. He has a shoulder injury history. That is all. No more, no less. I got two freaking essays because facts make you guys sensitive. 

Injuries count even if they were before college ffs. 

Edited by Elite Poster
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Elite Poster said:

I literally don't give two ***** about half the stuff you wrote. I just want to point out when people say he's durable because he is tall, it is not true. He has a shoulder injury history. That is all. No more, no less. I got two freaking essays because facts make you guys sensitive. 

Why should anybody care about what you write?

Edited by John from Riverside

2 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Nobody has to care about what I write but don't say I'm making things up. 3 shoulder injuries. It's a fact. Don't have to have the Sensitive Sally's losing it. 

Was it actually three shoulder injuries?

By the way you including high school is just bull ****

Edited by John from Riverside

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Was it actually three shoulder injuries?

By the way you including high school is just bull ****

I wish my hip magically healed when I started college. He broke the same shoulder twice and sprained it again last year. We don't need to have a long winded philosophical battle. It's just what happened. Idk why everyone is sensitive. 

Edited by Elite Poster

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

I feel pretty confident in saying there's a 99% chance he doesn't become the next Brady or Rodgers...would I love to be wrong? Absolutely

Just because I don't think Brady or Rodgers is his ceiling doesn't mean I don't think he can be a great QB in the NFL 

I'll even say 99.9%, but hey , who's counting

thats not to say Josh Allen won't start writting his own book, breaking long ball records and becoming the next superman of the NFL.

Step aside Cam...

...there's a new kid on the block... 

Edited by Figster

2 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Screenshot_20180729-194845.thumb.png.23474c2c725ad4097ae12b78d3e5792b.png

I literally don't give two ***** about half the stuff you wrote. I just want to point out when people say he's durable because he is tall, it is not true. He has a shoulder injury history. That is all. No more, no less. I got two freaking essays because facts make you guys sensitive. 

Get out of town, did you catch if he fell off the monkey bars in grade school? High school? Really? Get a life. Did you also figure out that even though he had those injuries, he stIill probably throws the hardest and tightest ball in the NFL? But throw that out the door. I saw him in person 16 times, and the guy is a beast. Are you sure he didn't hurt his pinkie somwehere along the line?

The bottom line is other than getting operated on, he didn't lose any significant time. And as much as he was hit playing for Wyoming,  he held up tremendously.  But if you knew anything other than how to work a keyboard, you would know that. Non issue. You are barking just to hear your own voice. And if you would have seen the play he hurt his shoulder on like I did, you would know what the injury consisted of. It was a fake dive into the line right before halftime, and a flee flicker back to Allen so he could throw deep. It was a strung out play and his arm got snagged on his follow through. In all reality, he could have probably played the rest of the game. But on the side of safety, they didn't want to screw up his pro career. But then you would know that if you had real inside info, which I do. Oh sorry about the essay. Not.

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I'm not expecting perfection - I was getting grief for not going all in on the progress he's made so far.  I just trying to not get ahead of ourselves here.

There is a lot of building chemistry, timing and routes with the Pass catchers right now - not to mention the offense is behind the defense for any team at this time of year but specifically with this team given the familiarity with the scheme on D but not on O. INTs are pretty much expected. If there weren’t any I’d worry more about the D or that the QB was afraid to throw (remember EJ used to panic and scramble in 7 on 7)

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Nobody has to care about what I write but don't say I'm making things up. 3 shoulder injuries. It's a fact. Don't have to have the Sensitive Sally's losing it. 

FWIW a broken collarbone is NOT a shoulder injury. There is quite a difference actually. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, pop gun said:

FWIW a broken collarbone is NOT a shoulder injury. There is quite a difference actually. 

Well, having a doctorate in anatomy I'd have to argue a bit there.  The clavicle articulates with the acromium which certainly can be considered part of the shoulder.  But breaking a collarbone is easy to get over, only in severe cases would one have to insert pins.  You'd certainly rather have this than a rotator cuff to be sure.

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Gotta agree here... A bum shoulder is a hard injury to shake... Landing on your shoulder is bad enough when it's just your own weight... When you've got another

250lb man on top of you, it's devasating…   If our O-line was top-notch, it'd be less worrisome.

A broken collarbone is not nearly as potentially damaging as an injury within the shoulder joint capsule itself.  It breaks,  you might put a pin it it, it heals. and move on.

1 minute ago, BB@Shooter said:

I agree with giving it time, that is common sense. But you also know one of those intereptions wasn't on him. 

Yes.  And one throw still doesn't matter either way.  He obviously can throw a football.  Like any other young QB his success will depend on how he adapts to the speed of the NFLgame.

9 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Gotta agree here... A bum shoulder is a hard injury to shake... Landing on your shoulder is bad enough when it's just your own weight... When you've got another

250lb man on top of you, it's devasating…   If our O-line was top-notch, it'd be less worrisome.

You guys act like he never got hit in college. He played behind a horrible line and he took on all comers. He sought out contact. In a game against SDSU, he threw an interception and chased the guy down at the 2 yard line and laid him out. He caused a fumble for a touchback. Wyoming ball on the 20. That is Allen and his mindset, he will do whatever it takes to win. Including playing in a crap offense with a crap OC at Wyoming. He just wants to play football. He will beat the odds, he usually does.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I have been (and still am) willing to let Allen sit all year if need be and shouldn't start UNTIL he is ready.

That said with how he is doing so far he is showing more than the other QBs and I believe that he will win the competition.

Man it feels good to have a franchise QB !!! Go Bills !!!

How long was I a sleep ? ?????