Bills' 2018 Training Camp Day 2

1 minute ago, TigerJ said:

Marcus, not Trent (or John).  Marcus is a 5'9" 195 lb RB.

Thought it was humor ?
This kid have a shot at the roster?
Doesn't T Jones play the same role ?

he can run the ball and has Exp.

Hope Trent Murphy is what i hope he is ? nice all around end who can get after the passer when Lawson comes off  : 0

who is john Murphy ?

4 hours ago, Lfod said:

Practice is to iron out the mistakes. There will be mistakes. This wasn't a team established on offense last season. This is a team in training. I'm getting pumped up from the tweets. 

Not to mention we got solid players on defense. A lot of which are in their second year in the system

Sal C. reported yesterday that during offense vs. defense drills, Peterman got #1 team, AJ got #2 team, and Allen got #3 team.  He suggested that would be switched around for today.

Did it? 

Anyone know which QB got which team?

1 hour ago, CNY315 said:

Not to mention we got solid players on defense. A lot of which are in their second year in the system

I'm confident in the defense. I think it should be solid if what I seen last year was an indicator.

I'm not very confident about the Offense. I still wouldn't call it a bad practice like that rodak guy said in his tweet. I understand it but it's not my style. Under different circumstances I'd understand heavy criticism. I think the situation merits a little patience. 

I definitely don't think this team will be terrible. I just don't know if it will be together enough to score the points more frequently. I hope Daboll is cut throat. 

Edited by Lfod

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

Thought it was humor ?
This kid have a shot at the roster?
Doesn't T Jones play the same role ?

he can run the ball and has Exp.

Hope Trent Murphy is what i hope he is ? nice all around end who can get after the passer when Lawson comes off  : 0

who is john Murphy ?

Probably was humor.

There are lots of RBs on the training camp roster.  Shady is clearly at the top of the heap (not to mention the most talented proven player on the offense), and will start if he cannavigate successfully through the troubled waters stirred up by the story with his ex-girlfriend.  Chris Ivory was signed to be his primary backup.  The Bills will carry one or (most likely) two additional.  To have a chance, Murphy is really going to have to open some eyes.  To suggest he's a long shot may be an understatement.  If he can prove to be a valuable special teamer, it will help his cause competing against the likes of Taiwan Jones.  At this point, it looks like Trent Murphy has the inside track at starting opposite Jerry Hughes, and Shaq Lawson is the one who is going to struggle at holding on to a roster spot.

John Murphy is the play by play man on the radio broadcasts of Bills games.  Sticking his name in my post with the other Murphys was my poor attempt at humor.  John is more overweight than I am, and is the last person you'll ever see running back punts LOL.

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Sal C. reported yesterday that during offense vs. defense drills, Peterman got #1 team, AJ got #2 team, and Allen got #3 team.  He suggested that would be switched around for today.

Did it? 

Answering my own post for anyone who is also interested, from Joe Buscaglia:

It seems that plan included giving Allen one set of first-team reps in the middle of practice on Friday, too. It's an essential step because that means he's still on the same track that they initially had him in the first place. And now, we'll see what they do after it. So, how'd he do? He threw a total of three passes with the first-team offense during 11-on-11s, the first an in-stride swing pass to LeSean McCoy, the second was a bit of an overthrow and incompletion intended for Charles Clay, and the third was another high throw, only this time Clay was able to bring it in. In total, Allen went 5-of-8 during team drills on Friday. Allen's first-team reps came at the cost of A.J. McCarron, who was the quarterback atop the depth chart for the rest of the practice. McCarron probably had the most reliable day of the three, going 5-of-7 although being sacked twice as well. Nathan Peterman went 3-of-8 and was sacked once. All in all, it was a rather ho-hum day for the quarterbacks outside of Allen mixing in with the ones.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, greeneblitz said:

Yeah right, one is nearly out of business after 40 years and the other is the most watched station in all of cable TV.

And the Big Mac is the most popular hamburger. So what? Popularity doesn’t equal quality, Gomer.

Edited by Domdab99
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Did it? 

McCarron got the 1s for the majority so I heard 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, greeneblitz said:

Yeah right, one is nearly out of business after 40 years and the other is the most watched station in all of cable TV.

I'm not sure that's how we should be evaluating news outlets. If it's highly entertaining to a very specific demographic, and laughable/scary to the rest of the populace, that isn't really a marker of high credibility.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

Anyone know which players did well today and which players struggled?

For the QB, Peterman is reported as 2/8 in 11-on-11 with the 2's.  McCarron was 7-9 with the 1s and Allen apparently did pretty well with one series with the 1's and the 3's, 6 of 9 reportedly with a couple throw-aways to avoid the sack and one WR/QB miscue that reportedly got the WR yelled at by Daboll

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Answering my own post for anyone who is also interested, from Joe Buscaglia:

It seems that plan included giving Allen one set of first-team reps in the middle of practice on Friday, too. It's an essential step because that means he's still on the same track that they initially had him in the first place. And now, we'll see what they do after it. So, how'd he do? He threw a total of three passes with the first-team offense during 11-on-11s, the first an in-stride swing pass to LeSean McCoy, the second was a bit of an overthrow and incompletion intended for Charles Clay, and the third was another high throw, only this time Clay was able to bring it in. In total, Allen went 5-of-8 during team drills on Friday. Allen's first-team reps came at the cost of A.J. McCarron, who was the quarterback atop the depth chart for the rest of the practice. McCarron probably had the most reliable day of the three, going 5-of-7 although being sacked twice as well. Nathan Peterman went 3-of-8 and was sacked once. All in all, it was a rather ho-hum day for the quarterbacks outside of Allen mixing in with the ones.

I'm finding it hard to track what numbers are included, but Joe B's numbers don't match Mark Gaughan in TBN (given above
https://buffalonews.com/2018/07/27/bills-qb-watch-peterman-has-rough-outing-on-day-2/ (may be paywall)

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Did it? 

McCarron with the 1's except for Allen got a series.

Peterman exclusively with the 2's

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Richard Noggin said:

I'm not sure that's how we should be evaluating news outlets. If it's highly entertaining to a very specific demographic, and laughable/scary to the rest of the populace, that isn't really a marker of high credibility.

It’s more like one network has some credibility (Fox), another network lost all credibility (CNN), and there is no great option for consuming political news via television.

Both parties pretty much suck and steal from the poor to line their own pockets. The Uniparty...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I believe that's 2 days in a row with Murphy with the 1's....not a surprise.  I just wonder how much Shaq Lawson is on the bubble or not.

So, will Lawson then get traded later in the preseason for a 4th round pick?