WHOSDAQ: Predict who will be named the 2018-2019 starting QB of the Buffalo Bills by using Augur

whosdaq

For those who listen to WGR there's a segment called the WHOSDAQ where the probability of each QB to be named starter is set by the hosts. I decided to use some new technology and create a market where anyone can buy or sell shares in each QB's chances, making it a little more fun (and hopefully more accurate). 

Disclaimer - Augur is brand new which means it comes with a learning curve. You will certainly need to do some googling and youtubing to get it all to work but I hope you give it a try.

Start by visiting https://www.augur.net/

You can find the market by looking under Markets -> NFL -> Buffalo Bills 

WHOSDAQ.thumb.png.a3c32e98f241442b8ee16b0c4261e9b9.png

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Opening day QB depth chart will be:

1. McCarron 

2. Peterman 

3. Allen

Week 5 QB depth chart will be:

1. Allen

2. McCarron 

3. Peterman

I'm not sure this will happen by Week 5 but I agree with your opening day and future depth chart.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I'm not sure this will happen by Week 5 but I agree with your opening day and future depth chart.  

Yeah it depends on McCarron. If we start out 0-4 I could see McDermott making a switch. If we’re 4-0 or 3-1 then stay with the game plan

50 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

1. McCarron 

2. Peterman 

3. Allen

1. Allen

2. McCarron 

3. Peterman

Where does this line of thinking come from?

You know, that Allen is the Man, but he won't quite be ready for Week 1, so he'll start the season late.

Where does that come from?  If he can go in Week 5, he can go in Week 1.  And he ain't gonna get any better holding a clipboard on the sideline and going to meetings.

Unless he is a tire fire who simply can't be put on the field, he is your Week 1 starter.

1 hour ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

1. McCarron 

2. Peterman 

3. Allen

1. Allen

2. McCarron 

3. Peterman

I really hope Allen pulls a Russell Wilson and outshines the others and McD has to start him. However I'm fully prepared to let him sit a whole year if need be; Trusting the Process.

4 hours ago, whosdaq said:

For those who listen to WGR there's a segment called the WHOSDAQ where the probability of each QB to be named starter is set by the hosts. I decided to use some new technology and create a market where anyone can buy or sell shares in each QB's chances, making it a little more fun (and hopefully more accurate). 

Disclaimer - Augur is brand new which means it comes with a learning curve. You will certainly need to do some googling and youtubing to get it all to work but I hope you give it a try.

Start by visiting https://www.augur.net/

You can find the market by looking under Markets -> NFL -> Buffalo Bills 

WHOSDAQ.thumb.png.a3c32e98f241442b8ee16b0c4261e9b9.png

what?

how about you just post some film from camp, then I can tell you my uninformed opinion

• Haha (+1) 1

This is a fantastic idea.  In fact, I can't believe we don't have a futures market on this board.  It would be a wonderful way to have people put their money where their mouths are and to track who really knows their stuff.

BUT...can't we do this with just regular money?  I have no flippin' idea what an 'Ethereum-enabled wallet' is and pretty sure I'll never have one.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Where does this line of thinking come from?

You know, that Allen is the Man, but he won't quite be ready for Week 1, so he'll start the season late.

Where does that come from?  If he can go in Week 5, he can go in Week 1.  And he ain't gonna get any better holding a clipboard on the sideline and going to meetings.

Unless he is a tire fire who simply can't be put on the field, he is your Week 1 starter.

Now bear with me, but, is it possible you're oversimplifying this just a bit?