LeSean McCoy allegations

Not sure if posted but this is an interesting break, if true.

Turns out the jewelry might be on loan by jewelry companies and she refused to return it. McCoy may have no direct tie to it other than knowing it was there. But so would a lot of other people from the IG post featured in the link.

Hmmm....

https://twitter.com/MPetchenikWSB/status/1017474089563377664

Edited by DrDawkinstein

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Through the years I’ve seen both approaches work. 

Outside buffalo how often do Nfl fans talk about marshawn lynch hitting a woman with his car?

hell, with this very lawyer - both Ray Lewis and Big Ben made it through relatively well. STELLAR legally, and both successful nfl careers that weren’t centered around the allegations.

I don't doubt that he's good and can quash the other side. 

But today's me#too sensitivity and the NFL's skitishness around domestic violence is magnitures higher than when Rothlisburger had his run in or Lewis got away with murder (still the public perception that many NFL fans have of him, no matter what the criminal justice system said).

Samuel better suit up fast, IMO, if Shady wants to play this (or any other) season...

2 hours ago, Peter said:

Wait a minute!

There are some here who have spent hours arguing that she had the right to live there.  I guess she even realized that she had to move out.

O8oq

Correct.

You are not going to resolve that argument. Those laws are really complicated, and not always clear, and if they were in a relationship there could be other laws on the books that could apply.

Edited by MURPHD6

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Anyone have any good recipes? Need a summer appetizer.

I'm big on Insalata Caprese.  My version is thin-slice perfectly ripe beefsteak tomatoes, thin-slice fresh mozzarella (pref. buffalo mozzarella and how appropriate), alternate the slices to form a ring around the perimeter of a plate or platter, put a slice or two of tomato in the center and top with another slice of fresh mozzarella.  Roll up some fresh basil leaves, slice to make thin strips (chiffonade).  Sprinkle them over the tomatoes and mozzerella, and drizzle with a little bit of good quality EVO and (if to your taste) some balsamic vinegar.  A bit of pepper and a sprig of basil in the center and there you go. 

If you want something neater and more finger- food-ish, you can alternate grape tomatoes and fresh mozzarella balls on bamboo skewers.  Pile 'em up.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm big on Insalata Caprese.  My version is thin-slice perfectly ripe beefsteak tomatoes, thin-slice fresh mozzarella (pref. buffalo mozzarella and how appropriate), alternate the slices to form a ring around the perimeter of a plate or platter, put a slice or two of tomato in the center and top with another slice of fresh mozzarella.  Roll up some fresh basil leaves, slice to make thin strips (chiffonade).  Sprinkle them over the tomatoes and mozzerella, and drizzle with a little bit of good quality EVO and (if to your taste) some balsamic vinegar.  A bit of pepper and a sprig of basil in the center and there you go. 

If you want something neater and more finger- food-ish, you can alternate grape tomatoes and fresh mozzarella balls on bamboo skewers.  Pile 'em up.

That sounds delicious.

Over the past couple years, I've become a huge fan of a nice quality coleslaw.  Goes especially well with some grilled boneless chicken thighs.

I like to season my thighs (not mine, literally, but the chicken thighs) with adobo and Old Bay, get a nice char on each side then nail the ever loving **** out of them with some Sweet Baby Ray's.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Not sure if posted but this is an interesting break, if true.

Turns out the jewelry might be on loan by jewelry companies and she refused to return it. McCoy may have no direct tie to it other than knowing it was there. But so would a lot of other people from the IG post featured in the link.

Hmmm....

https://twitter.com/MPetchenikWSB/status/1017474089563377664

My reading of that is the jewelry does have a direct tie to him, in that he was the one who got it on loan and then gave it to her. I think he is aware of the jewelry in question.

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Yup.  And Shady's baby mama said he's never abused their son.

tenor.gif?itemid=5134531

I feel like this is more likely to end in Shady suing his ex-girlfriend's friend for slander than him getting charged with domestic abuse at this point.

Hey... so the OP still isn't being updated, so I don't know if this has been posted, but can someone with a subscription to The Athletic tell us what the hell this says????

Edited by transplantbillsfan

6 hours ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Few pages back. Apparently the jewelry was loaned to her, and has since been recovered and returned to the jewelry store.

Going to guess the thief pawned it, and the police took it from the pawn shop.

If the thief did pawn the jewelry, and the police recovered it, one would think they would process it and then keep it as evidence for a possible criminal complaint.

I think whatever you read about the jewelry being returned to the jewelry store is purest fiction.

Apparently McCoy has been trying to evict her since July 3, 2017

I wouldn't want to rule out anyone in the NFL being stupid, but it seems pretty far-fetched that McCoy, who has been trying to recover loaned jewelry from this woman and evict her for more than a year, sent his mom and movers to collect his possessions and furniture from the house then agreed to follow procedures and let the courts decide and the furniture stay, and finally had a court hearing on the eviction imminent - would suddenly trash his career by ?sending thugs? to pistol-whip and rob the woman, specifically of the jewelry that he requested back.  I mean, there's not even plausible deniability there.

On the other hand, per their Instagrams with photos together, it would appear that the woman, Delicia Cordon, was in London with her "bestie", flew back to Atlanta in the face of imminent court date, and then the alleged (attempted?) robbery took place with Facebook and Instagram accusations against McCoy and showing the woman with a horribly bloody face.  

Speaking as a former EMT, it appears she has a laceration on her forehead near her hairline which has bled copiously (scalp and high face wounds always do), and has sustained bruising below her eye and to her upper lip.  Most people who sustain injuries at home do clean themselves up so we don't see them looking like that, but of course accident victims and people who are victims of street crime don't have that option.  The police report states she sustained minor injuries and was "treated and released", so it probably looks much worse than it is.

I think I'll sit tight and see how this one plays out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

sending thugs to pistol-whip and rob her

I think very, very few people actually believe he intended that. The plausible scenario is that Shady told his friend "Look, next week she's going out of town, and so am I. Here's the key and the security code to the place. Just walk right in, grab my jewelry for me, and walk out."

That's not even robbery. It's his house and he's responsible for the jewelry. That's just asking a friend to pick up something at your house. It has to be done because the woman is a con artist/golddigger/thief and surely isn't planning on returning all of it.

The problems are a) she was home and b) upon realizing this his genius friend decided to take matters into his owns hands and go full gangsta.

9 minutes ago, QCity said:

I think very, very few people actually believe he intended that. The plausible scenario is that Shady told his friend "Look, next week she's going out of town, and so am I. Here's the key and the security code to the place. Just walk right in, grab my jewelry for me, and walk out."

That's not even robbery. It's his house and he's responsible for the jewelry. That's just asking a friend to pick up something at your house. It has to be done because the woman is a con artist/golddigger/thief and surely isn't planning on returning all of it.

The problems are a) she was home and b) upon realizing this his genius friend decided to take matters into his owns hands and go full gangsta.

Um, there would be a few more problems than that.  There's a legal proceeding pending, and LeSean (who sent his momma and movers to pick up furniture in June) was told by police that his own personal clothing could be removed, but the court would have to rule on the other possessions).  So it's not "just asking a friend to pick up something at your house", it's asking the friend to search for and remove property whose ownership is being legally disputed.

Moreover, per her instagram, the chick would appear to have been photographed in London wearing at least some of the jewelry in question.  Why would LeSean think she'd leave the stuff lying around the house for his "friend" to pick up anyway?  Smart people don't leave expensive jewelry lying around an empty house...they put it in their safe deposit or home safe if they aren't taking it with them (which she clearly did).  Last point, he reportedly had a security system installed to which he, and not she, had access...so while it wouldn't keep her out, it would certainly let him know she'd come in.  The time on the 911 call is 3:18 am....not a very propitious time to "just ask your friend to pick up something".

Nope, no plausible deniability "just asked him to pick something up for me while the house was vacant, but he went full gangsta, your honor".  If this is tracked to people who have some connection to Shady, he's toast.  But again, I'll sit tight and see how this plays.
image.thumb.png.c974a61745b6c7351cd4907ce4752786.png

• Like (+1) 3

46 minutes ago, QCity said:

Da !@#$ you on my dude? 

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

Its a tornado of stupidity, really, creating a situation where it will be difficult to verify or deny a connection to Leshean. 

It's ridiculous at this point. I'm not fond of the phrase, but pending the actual outcome here, McCoy might end up being justified in using a phrase that's become so culturally prominent over the last year and a half...

tenor.gif?itemid=9201107

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, QCity said:

I think the most likely scenerio right now is she was robbed, and in her upset state, said it might be McCoy. The fact that her attorney is already backing off on the DV allegations shows damage control to me.

1 hour ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

I think the most likely scenerio right now is she was robbed, and in her upset state, said it might be McCoy. The fact that her attorney is already backing off on the DV allegations shows damage control to me.

Yeah. All evidence points to that, not to a staged robbery. If she wanted to make something up she could have told the cops that he hit her during the 3 previous incidents they were called; she did not. And her only priors are failing to appear in court for traffic fines.

Edited by MURPHD6

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Anyone have any good recipes? Need a summer appetizer.

The summer is for keeping it simple with fresh fruits and veggies in-season.

One of my go-tos:  cut fresh corn from the cob, saute it in olive oil and/or butter with garlic, fresh basil, salt and pepper.  Squeeze in some lime juice and chill it in the fridge to serve as a salad.  If you like, add chopped jalapeños or other peppers of your choice for some kick.

Another one: use Hapless's caprese recipe but add in fresh sliced peaches (or grilled sliced peaches).

And here is one of my all-time favorite recipes: super simple, cheap, somehow elegant:

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1016815-pasta-with-fried-lemons-and-chile-flakes

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1