LeSean McCoy allegations

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's well-known and accepted that he was in Florida at the time of the incident.  Since all anyone has is an allegation that Shady had someone rob Cordon, there's nothing more to say than what Shady did which is:

"For the record, the totally baseless and offensive claims made against me today on social media are completely false," McCoy, 29, wrote Tuesday via Instagram. "Furthermore, I have not had any direct contact with any of the people involved in months." 

See above.  McCoy responded to Cordon's allegation.  And at this point, that's all it is.  There is zero proof McCoy had anything to do with it.  If some surfaces, then the lawyer will need to speak.

I'm not talking proof.  I'm talking PR in the court of public opinion.   He needs a bigger megaphone than simply saying "I didn't do it..."

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

I'm not talking proof.  I'm talking PR in the court of public opinion.   He needs a bigger megaphone than simply saying "I didn't do it..."

Why?  Will the court of public opinion get him convicted in a court of law?

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Anyone have any good recipes? Need a summer appetizer.

This Ceviche is something you may want to try....

The lime juice must be squeezed fresh from the limes... And It's gotta cover the Hallibut, seabass or snapper fillets.

Generic Kroger Tortilla chips do well with this one... Cold Dos Equis Beer or plain-old Lemonade for a wash-down.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

Why?  Will the court of public opinion get him convicted in a court of law?

He has to lay the groundwork for his continuing career and post-retirement future.   Everthing today revolves around media and 10-minute attention spans.    Right now, he's as good as convicted in that public opinion court.    And no matter how the justice system eventually rules, he'll never recover if his side (i.e., his attorney) stays quite while the other side grabs all of the attention.

Think crisis management 101, not just legal ramifications...

Edited by Lurker

36 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I suspect that media tsunami is overstated. 

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?geo=US&gprop=news&q=%2Fm%2F03c22y2

Web news search #3 on Tuesday, July 10...
2M+
searches
keyboard_arrow_down
2.  Croatia
2M+
searches
keyboard_arrow_down

Edited by Lurker

11 minutes ago, Lurker said:

He has to lay the groundwork for his continuing career and post-retirement future.   Everthing today revolves around media and 10-minute attention spans.    Right now, he's as good as convicted in that public opinion court.    And no matter how the justice system eventually rules, he'll never recover if he just stays quite while the other side grabs all of the attention.

Think crisis management 101, not just legal ramifications...

Good crisis management 101 advice for him is to not make any public statements. He has one of the best criminal attorneys in the region, if not the country, working on his behalf. The basic advice he has for his client is to not say anything and place himself in greater legal jeopardy. 

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, JohnC said:

Good crisis management 101 advice for him is to not make any public statements. He has one of the best criminal attorneys in the regions, if not the country, working on his behalf. The basic advice he has for his client is to not say anything and place himself in greater legal jeopardy. 

I totally agree, Shady needs to be quite.  But my point is, where's his lawyer?  I don't get why his high-powered attorney hasn't stepped up and blocked some of the allegations or deflected attention from her side.   

He needs to rock-n-roll as an advocate.  Shock-and-awe, not silence of the lambs...

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I totally agree, Shady needs to be quite.  But my point is, where's his lawyer?  I don't get why his high-powered attorney hasn't stepped up and blocked some of the allegations or deflected attention from her side.   

He needs to rock-n-roll as an advocate.  Shock-and-awe, not silence of the lambs...

He needs to meet with his client and get as much information from him and find out as much about the case as he can before taking action. His attorney is one of the best criminal attorneys in the country. One of the reasons why he is good is that he thinks before talking. In this very serious matter that has life altering implications for his client substance is more important than bombast. This highly regarded attorney has been involved in many high profile and high stake cases. He gets paid the big bucks because he knows what he is doing. He needs to be allowed to do his job as he sees  fit. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, JohnC said:

He needs to meet with his client and get as much information from him and find out as much about the case as he can before taking action. His attorney is one of the best criminal attorneys in the country. One of the reasons why he is good is that he thinks before talking. In this very serious matter that has life altering implications for his client substance is more important than bombast. This highly regarded attorney has been involved in many high profile and high stake cases. He gets paid the big bucks because he knows what he is doing. He needs to be allowed to do his job as he sees  fit. 

All good points.   But the clock is ticking and I think his attorney needs to put a pubic face on his advocacy by vigorously saying "my client is innocent" and you'll be hearing more from us in the days to come."  

Right now, the waters have been chumed by the other side and the sharks are feeding.   Samuel has to drive some of it back by plowing a great big boat right through that frenzy...

26 minutes ago, Lurker said:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?geo=US&gprop=news&q=%2Fm%2F03c22y2

Web news search #3 on Tuesday, July 10...
2M+
searches
keyboard_arrow_down
2.  Croatia
2M+
searches
keyboard_arrow_down

From your link.... 

52516CEE-59A0-4D8C-AA7E-9B53A4FA4B56.jpeg

Over 140 pages and there are only two things of which I am absolutely certain:

1) If you think you know for certain how this is going to play out for Shady, you're an idiot.

2) I'm surprised that a message board with this many male members has so few who dated a chick who turned batschitt crazy on you.

Take it from someone who has: no matter how hard you convince yourself that a chick would never be "that" crazy, I promise you, she will be "that" crazy and then some. Maybe you deserve it, and maybe you don't, but trust me, she don't freaking care. And just when you think they can't get any crazier, they're calling your boss, calling your sister, calling your freaking kindergarten teacher when you can't even remember who the hell your kindergarten was, and she's inviting them all to lunch at your momma's house.

I'm not defending Shady because I don't want to be wrong (because I hear being wrong about that will lead to a lifetime ban at TBD), but crazy is beyond any crazy you can make up.

Remember that.

You're welcome.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc said:

The only thing linking Shady to this was the theft of the jewelry.  Whether he was the outright owner or had it on loan doesn't matter really.  But since he had it loaned to him, trying to steal it from his ex- and then returning it to the store would be incredibly stupid.

Yet if read the police report from last July it looks like Shady did the smart thing and followed the police's advice and took legal against his woman. Also funny she was the one taken away in handcuffs in that incident. That plus Shady expressing concern of her actions of the break up and no history of physical violence of Shady and her, her previous squatting behavior makes her look really bad. Also the timing of this just as the case to get her out just doesn't seem right to me. Toss in the famous photo the beaten woman doesn't appear to be the same one and the police reports stated the two women sustained minor injuries in the robbery not like the horrible beating shown in the friends Instagram making this fishier on the "victim's" side more and more.

Just now, NoSaint said:

From your link.... 

52516CEE-59A0-4D8C-AA7E-9B53A4FA4B56.jpeg

LOL.  I knew you were going to do that!     Got me a bit, but I still think they need to better manage the story here, rather than ceeding the field to the other side.

Maybe you're right, that in a few days the GF's team will have shot their wad and not have anything left to bang McCoy upside the head with.   But it's risky IMO to just let pubic perceptions form without any attempt to influence them.

Getting him off legally is only step one here (assuming he is innocent).  But Shady has to come out on the positive side of the PR story as well if he wants to keep playing in today's NFL...

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

LOL.  I knew you were going to do that!     Got me a bit, but I still think they need to better manage the story here, rather than ceeding the field to the other side.

Maybe you're right, that in a few days the GF's team will have shot their wad and not have anything left to bang McCoy upside the head with.   But it's risky IMO to just let pubic perceptions form without any attempt to influence them.

Getting him off legally is only step one here (assuming he is innocent).  But Shady has to come out on the positive side of the PR story as well if he wants to keep playing in today's NFL...

Through the years I’ve seen both approaches work. 

Outside buffalo how often do Nfl fans talk about marshawn lynch hitting a woman with his car?

hell, with this very lawyer - both Ray Lewis and Big Ben made it through relatively well. STELLAR legally, and both successful nfl careers that weren’t centered around the allegations.

i see your point but defer to this world class expert lawyer that’s wildly successful with managing high profile cases. 

Edited by NoSaint