President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

On 10/6/2018 at 5:37 PM, LSHMEAB said:

No. What YOU are doing is asserting that people who live in Wyoming should have more of a say than someone who lives in New York.

The majority of the country votes democratic and yet the right holds all three branches of government. That is fundamentally unfair.

I understand that you like it because it benefits your ideology, but our government does not represent the will of the people. That's unfortunate.

Is it fair that Rhode Island has as much say as Texas? 

Is it fair that Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Delaware out number Texas by a ratio of 5 to 1

Maybe Texas should get more Senators.  Or does your logic only apply to blue states?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

The anti Kavanaugh and delegitimization efforts from the media is on hyper steroids.  If you think it couldn't have gone worse, you'd be wrong. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cases-pitting-trump-against-blue-states-test-kavanaugh-154750555.html

Well, if he "proves" his "impartiality" by ruling against Trump, it will all go away.

3 hours ago, Magox said:

The anti Kavanaugh and delegitimization efforts from the media is on hyper steroids.  If you think it couldn't have gone worse, you'd be wrong.  

If the Dems wanted a better shot to take control in November, the smart move would be to stay angry, but shut up so the Republicans would think the fight is over.

But....

9 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

If the Dems wanted a better shot to take control in November, the smart move would be to stay angry, but shut up so the Republicans would think the fight is over.

But....

What about the Democrats would make any sane person think they're the party of emotional intelligence?

8 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

But....

You're probably correct with this line of thinking.

The challenge for the left, I believe, is that there is no leadership. Pretty much no one listens to Schumer. Harry Reid was a nut, but the left at least listened and followed him.

So who does that leave for potential leaders?

DiFi?  She's done. Her credibility went to hell the minute she tied her wagon to anything Avanetti-related.

Booker? He embarrassed himself with his Spartacus moment when it was revealed there was no Spartacus moment. Plus, by leftist standards, he sexually abused a woman so he's out.

Harris? She screwed up trying to push an edited video of Kavanaugh. Perfectly her style, but not on the scale she attempted. 

Warren? Does anyone pay attention to her anymore? Her entire schtick is "Free stuff" and prodding Trump on Twitter.

No leadership = no message = Soros is running things by hiring leftists to attack people and destroy private property.

17 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Explain yourself, and respond to my post please.

You bring a tremendous amount of dispassionate thought to your posts and I respect that, so you'd be an exception. 

Simply stating that the right STILL appears discontent despite controlling the entire federal government.

The left is naturally going to be pissed off right now. While I despise the histrionics, it makes perfect sense for them to feel politically aggrieved. I just can't figure out what the right has to be upset about. You won!

5 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Is it fair that Rhode Island has as much say as Texas? 

Is it fair that Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Delaware out number Texas by a ratio of 5 to 1

Maybe Texas should get more Senators.  Or does your logic only apply to blue states?

You are absolutely correct.

Texas should indeed have more representation from the Senate than a state like Rhode Island.

On 10/5/2018 at 6:35 AM, Tiberius said:

Make the case! 

One thing is she has NEVER produced the psychologist's notes to anyone.  this was the nail in the coffin of her case.  she had spoken of it before the nomonation and it was documented.  She didn't turn them over the Washington Post.  She didn't turn them over to Senator Fienstien.  She didn't turn them over to congress.

As Judge Judy would say, "if you can't produce it, it doesn't exist."

I wanted to believer her, but I find this disturbing.  If it proved her case, why not share it?  She is the accuser after all.

10 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

You bring a tremendous amount of dispassionate thought to your posts and I respect that, so you'd be an exception. 

Simply stating that the right STILL appears discontent despite controlling the entire federal government.

The left is naturally going to be pissed off right now. While I despise the histrionics, it makes perfect sense for them to feel politically aggrieved. I just can't figure out what the right has to be upset about. You won!

You are absolutely correct.

Texas should indeed have more representation from the Senate than a state like Rhode Island.

its-time-to-stop-posting-19282885.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how those (most, certainly not all) on the political right (conservatives and libertarians) view government. 

While the left cares about individual outcomes, the political right cares about process.

The right is currently angry because the left are attempting to burn down the entire process by which free and peaceful elections are successful using scorched Earth tactics, and they are doing so to the detriment of the entire future of this country.

We are rapidly approaching a place where political violence is the norm, and once we're there, there is no turning back.

I also am beginning to question whether or not there is any point in trying to have a peaceful co-existence with those who clearly don't want one.

At this point it's probably in everyone's best interests to force California out of the country and to remove all military bases and technology, and personnel, and allow California to purchase all Federal land within the state from the government.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how those (most, certainly not all) on the political right (conservatives and libertarians) view government. 

While the left cares about individual outcomes, the political right cares about process.

The right is currently angry because the left are attempting to burn down the entire process by which free and peaceful elections are successful using scorched Earth tactics, and they are doing so to the detriment of the entire future of this country.

We are rapidly approaching a place where political violence is the norm, and once we're there, there is no turning back.

I also am beginning to question whether or not there is any point in trying to have a peaceful co-existence with those who clearly don't want one.

At this point it's probably in everyone's best interests to force California out of the country and to remove all military bases and technology, and personnel, and allow California to purchase all Federal land within the state from the government.

Explain McConnell's decision to keep a SC seat vacated FOR OVER A YEAR as a matter of process.

Both sides are playing this game. It just so happens that the right is winning. 

• Like (+1) 1