#WalkAway

On 7/2/2018 at 1:12 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

The #WalkAway tag is generating hundreds of thousands of likes, replies, and tweets - and Twitter keeps it off the trending time - line. Lots of good stories: 

DhHdgg0W0AAd5I0.jpg

At least these people could see through the BS more so than a couple we have on here the S**T stirrers as they are known to be . But as they say you can't fix stupid you can only slow it down with a 2x4 !!

On 10/28/2022 at 10:58 AM, B-Man said:

Black Voters Are Shifting Right and the Left Is Losing It

Newsweek, by Patrice Onwuka

Election day is two weeks away, and the Left is freaking out about losses among minority voters such as Blacks, once a reliable base of support. The signs of the freakout are everywhere, but especially in the desperate, wacky, and downright insulting tactics they are currently employing to lure, nudge, and shame Blacks into voting for liberal candidates.

Let's start with the insulting. MSNBC host Tiffany Cross slammed the Republican National Committee's slate of "diverse" Republican congressional candidates, saying "faces of color do not always equate to voices of color." She then tokenized minority Republicans, including those currently serving in Congress

https://www.newsweek.com/black-voters-are-shifting-right-left-losing-it-opinion-1754998

Oh brother 

16 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Oh no, but everyone is walking away from Dems, just look at the last few elections 🤣

58 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh brother 

Oh no, but everyone is walking away from Dems, just look at the last few elections 🤣

The people who knock you and Bill scour the internet for the dumbest garbage they can find.  Sometimes I think they are parody profiles.  Then I recall conservatives lost their fn minds when they elected Trump.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

The people who knock you and Bill scour the internet for the dumbest garbage they can find.  Sometimes I think they are parody profiles.  Then I recall conservatives lost their fn minds when they elected Trump.

We do?  Well maybe they do but I don't.  See I think for myself.  Unlike most here.  

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, B-Man said:

WATCH: 'LEXIT' Founder Powerfully Explains Why Latino Voters Continue to Flee Democrat Party in Droves

https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2022/12/16/watch-lexit-founder-powerfully-explains-why-latino-voters-continue-to-flee-democrat-party-in-droves-n674511

I've been saying this for a long time.  Latinos have incredible Conservative values and the GOP has terrible marketing skills.  

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is really interesting. First, the source (paywalled): the Financial Times, kind of the Wall Street Journal of the UK, and a paper that has a clear Conservative Party bias. In other words, it's not a wishful thinking piece from liberals.

If you scroll through the tweets, the pattern is pretty clear: millennials simply aren't "aging into" conservative voting patterns in the ways previous generations did. My politics showed a pretty typical age pattern: solid Democrat when young, open to a lot more limited government (at the time, mostly Republican ideas later on (subsequently tempered by Republicans going all Bush 43 adventurism abroad and, umm, the Trump takeover.) Maybe it's just delayed (everything else about their adolescence was delayed, right?), but the graphs don't provide much support for that.

My guess: there's something real here. The Republican Party is just toxic to a lot of younger people, and here we're talking about a "generation" (always a loose/general term) that is now hitting 40. So these aren't the 18 year olds who came of age during Trump. What's toxic? I work with a lot of this generation, and they are just turned off by the so-called "social issues" - resistance to same-sex marriage for far longer than public opinion supported it is a big one, but even more important is that the faces of the party are just repugnant to younger people: Trump, Ted Cruz, Marjorie Taylor Greene, etc. Criticize Biden/Obama/AOC and their lot all you want over policy and behavior, it still doesn't equal the revulsion that is common among younger people at current Republican leadership.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't know what the long term effect on policy will be but each generation from here on out is probably going to be more and more left leaning. Whether they're registered as Democrats or not, and how/if they actually vote, is another matter.

7 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

This is really interesting. First, the source (paywalled): the Financial Times, kind of the Wall Street Journal of the UK, and a paper that has a clear Conservative Party bias. In other words, it's not a wishful thinking piece from liberals.

If you scroll through the tweets, the pattern is pretty clear: millennials simply aren't "aging into" conservative voting patterns in the ways previous generations did. My politics showed a pretty typical age pattern: solid Democrat when young, open to a lot more limited government (at the time, mostly Republican ideas later on (subsequently tempered by Republicans going all Bush 43 adventurism abroad and, umm, the Trump takeover.) Maybe it's just delayed (everything else about their adolescence was delayed, right?), but the graphs don't provide much support for that.

My guess: there's something real here. The Republican Party is just toxic to a lot of younger people, and here we're talking about a "generation" (always a loose/general term) that is now hitting 40. So these aren't the 18 year olds who came of age during Trump. What's toxic? I work with a lot of this generation, and they are just turned off by the so-called "social issues" - resistance to same-sex marriage for far longer than public opinion supported it is a big one, but even more important is that the faces of the party are just repugnant to younger people: Trump, Ted Cruz, Marjorie Taylor Greene, etc. Criticize Biden/Obama/AOC and their lot all you want over policy and behavior, it still doesn't equal the revulsion that is common among younger people at current Republican leadership.

A man resembles his times, more than his father 

My guess is that the people coming of middle age identify more with the younger, more technologically in tune people, than with the crowd that never got over the Civil Rights movement and "Making America Great Again" means something very different to the younger voters than the old racist folks than care nothing about serious governance