#WalkAway

10 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Liberals hate America and humans.  

So these 2 should just carry out their rooting interest and disappear 

Hardly shocking that they would say that, in that the whole point of the Planet of the Apes series is that humans have ruined the earth, and that apes have therefore taken charge. But don't let that get in the way of "owning the libs" --

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Hardly shocking that they would say that, in that the whole point of the Planet of the Apes series is that humans have ruined the earth, and that apes have therefore taken charge. But don't let that get in the way of "owning the libs" --

Um……they weren’t speaking about the film.  

But you knew that.  I won’t let it get in the way of proving what nihilistic trash libs are.   

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Um……they weren’t speaking about the film.  

But you knew that.  I won’t let it get in the way of proving what nihilistic trash libs are.   

They’re doing promo for the film. But I guess you didn’t know that. 

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Cool story bro.  

But…..was nowhere near as impressive a performance as D presidential candidate “Uncommitted.”  

• Like (+1) 1

I have been a Democrat my entire life. I live in Los Angeles. I was an actress for years. I voted for Obama, then Clinton. I couldn’t wait to vote against the ban on gay marriage. I supported Planned Parenthood. I called JK Rowling “TERF.” I read books like THE NEW JIM CROW in an attempt to “educate” myself. I was a Democrat through-and-through, and more than that—I was even onboard with wokeism, with equity (as opposed to equality), with intersectional feminism, etc. These people had me pretty much hook, line, and sinker.

Then in Summer 2020 I was encouraged to go out and engage in “firey but mostly peaceful protests” but was told it was still unsafe for me to go to work. That didn’t make sense. Nothing around me made any sense whatsoever. And I really needed to go back to work. Whenever I brought this up, I was told I was being selfish or even “racist.” Indeed, whenever I saw talk—whether online or on corporate news—of those who took issue with lockdowns, it was always framed as an issue of selfishness, even of racism. For some reason, liberal folks had this idea that anyone remotely concerned over lockdowns was a wealthy white woman who was just bored and wanted to get her hair and nails done. I felt like screaming at everyone, “who do you think does hair and nails?” Hairdressers and nail artists, whose jobs are ESSENTIAL TO THEM. Everyone is an “essential worker” to himself and the people who may depend upon him.
What bothered me the most wasn’t that these people disagreed with me, or that they had different ideas on how best to handle covid or BLM unrest—what bothered me the most was that they absolutely refused to recognize I might have any honest reasons for disagreeing with them. And I had honest reasons for disagreeing with them. I and MANY others were being harmed by the tyrannical, overreaching, nonsensical response to covid—especially in blue cities and states. That felt like a punch to the gut, from the people I’d supported and aligned with all my life.

So I walked away from the Democrat party. They’ve proven me correct every damn day since then. #walkaway

Back to the thread.

Black voters fleeing Biden and Democrats over inflation and extremism.

By Paul Bedard

Black voters are trending away from President Joe Biden and Democrats, frustrated that Democrats are not addressing kitchen table issues as they grab for extreme matters to woo leftists, according to a broad poll of 39 battleground congressional districts.

In the new survey from Cygnal, conducted in 20 states, Democrats are struggling to maintain their edge with black and women voters, “two traditionally reliable Democrat voting blocs.”

https://www.cygn.al/battleground-poll-trumps-first-term-approval-hits-new-highs-only-3-percent-of-voters-support-antisemitic-protests-voters-reject-bidens-title-ix-changes/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/washington-secrets/3004475/black-voters-fleeing-biden-democrats-inflation-extremism/

Clearly in panic mode.

The NYT has 3 articles this morning about Biden cultivating the black vote.

1."In Atlanta, Biden Warms Up His Pitch to Black Voters/The president, who is trailing key states in recent polling, tried to cast the election as a struggle for democracy itself."

President Biden... asked Black voters at two campaign events in Atlanta to see the election as a choice between protecting democracy and letting it backslide.... Mr. Biden laid out his argument to a powerful slice of the electorate that has been drifting away from him during a campaign reception on Saturday afternoon: “We cannot let this man become president. We have to win this race, not for me but for America.”

2. "Live Updates: Biden to Speak at Morehouse Graduation/The visit to the historically Black college in Georgia gives President Biden an opportunity to speak to students in a battleground state as he works to shore up support among young voters." Oh! I took to long getting to this link. It's the speech, playing live, now.

3. "In His Beloved Philadelphia, Biden Faces Wariness From Black Voters/Even in the president’s favorite political stomping ground, his standing has slipped with Democrats who will be vital to a repeat victory, interviews with nearly two dozen Black voters showed."

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/18/us/politics/biden-atlanta-black-voters.html?smid=url-share

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2024/05/19/us/biden-morehouse-speech?smid=url-share

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/18/us/politics/biden-philadelphia-black-voters.html?smid=url-share

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2024/05/the-nyt-has-3-articles-this-morning.html

On 7/2/2018 at 2:12 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

The #WalkAway tag is generating hundreds of thousands of likes, replies, and tweets - and Twitter keeps it off the trending time - line. Lots of good stories: 

On 5/15/2024 at 7:38 PM, BillsFanNC said:

I have been a Democrat my entire life. I live in Los Angeles. I was an actress for years. I voted for Obama, then Clinton. I couldn’t wait to vote against the ban on gay marriage. I supported Planned Parenthood. I called JK Rowling “TERF.” I read books like THE NEW JIM CROW in an attempt to “educate” myself. I was a Democrat through-and-through, and more than that—I was even onboard with wokeism, with equity (as opposed to equality), with intersectional feminism, etc. These people had me pretty much hook, line, and sinker.

Then in Summer 2020 I was encouraged to go out and engage in “firey but mostly peaceful protests” but was told it was still unsafe for me to go to work. That didn’t make sense. Nothing around me made any sense whatsoever. And I really needed to go back to work. Whenever I brought this up, I was told I was being selfish or even “racist.” Indeed, whenever I saw talk—whether online or on corporate news—of those who took issue with lockdowns, it was always framed as an issue of selfishness, even of racism. For some reason, liberal folks had this idea that anyone remotely concerned over lockdowns was a wealthy white woman who was just bored and wanted to get her hair and nails done. I felt like screaming at everyone, “who do you think does hair and nails?” Hairdressers and nail artists, whose jobs are ESSENTIAL TO THEM. Everyone is an “essential worker” to himself and the people who may depend upon him.
What bothered me the most wasn’t that these people disagreed with me, or that they had different ideas on how best to handle covid or BLM unrest—what bothered me the most was that they absolutely refused to recognize I might have any honest reasons for disagreeing with them. And I had honest reasons for disagreeing with them. I and MANY others were being harmed by the tyrannical, overreaching, nonsensical response to covid—especially in blue cities and states. That felt like a punch to the gut, from the people I’d supported and aligned with all my life.

So I walked away from the Democrat party. They’ve proven me correct every damn day since then. #walkaway

Oh no! Now we've lost Natalie Jean Beisner. I checked: is this THE Natalie Jean Beisner? The voice of Rosaline in the animated short Coda? The bit player in the "romantic web comedy" series All For Love? The weirdly masculine looking failed actress who sees a better career opportunity in being one of those anti-woke tweeters whose posts wind up on football blogs?

Say it isn't so.

Next thing you know Stallone, Wahlberg, and Denzel will be leaving SAG/AFTRA because it's too woke.