#WalkAway

22 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Sorry.  I don't think the gop has the billionaire and corporate support to pull off anything close to the blm/dnc summer of rage 

Sure they do - they can wine, dine, and fly Clarence and Ginny Thomas around the globe in private jets and fancy exotic vacations they can certainly afford to pay trailer trash a $100 to go cause trouble at a rally.

“Across multiple polls, Biden seems to be losing support from minority voters, continuing a Trump-era trend.

This raises the possibility that there’s a social-issues undertow for Democrats, in which even when wokeness isn’t front and center, the fact that the party’s activist core is so far left gradually pushes culturally conservative African Americans and Hispanics toward the G.O.P. — much as culturally conservative white Democrats drifted slowly into the Republican coalition between the 1960s and the 2000s.”

https://nypost.com/2023/09/12/heres-how-republicans-can-get-minority-voters-to-abandon-the-democrats/

That’s exactly right.

People of color trending Republican
Michael Barone

Are non-white voters really moving away from the Democratic Party? To partisan Democrats confronting this question on Twitter (sorry, X), it seems preposterous that the party of Donald Trump, whom they routinely call a racist, could be gaining support from blacks, Hispanics, and Asians.

But the evidence for eroding non-white support for Democrats is strong. The New York Times’s analyst Nate Cohn, who back in June 2016 was the first to identify Donald Trump’s appeal to previously Democratic-voting white non-college graduates, noted earlier this month that Joe Biden was carrying just 53% of non-whites in 2022-23 New York Times/Siena College polls — far under the 70%-plus he was winning among these voters in November 2020.

The drop is pronounced among both blacks and Hispanics, men and women, college graduates and non-college graduates. It’s concentrated among non-whites under age 45, suggesting a long-range problem for Democrats. That’s in line with the thesis of Republican consultant Patrick Ruffini in his forthcoming book Party of the People, which depicts an emerging “multiracial populist” Republican Party.

To the many liberals shrieking that such a trend is impossible, Cohn responded by pointing out that Biden is polling below other Democrats, and below his own 2020 numbers, at this point in the electoral cycle.

Evidently, as the Washington Post’s libertarian-leaning columnist Megan McArdle writes, “many folks just can’t emotionally grab the possibility of a Democratic party that isn’t mostly a coalition of working class/organized labor/nonwhite voters, with affluent liberals a small, if influential sideshow.” Similarly, my Washington Examiner colleague Timothy Carney describes the resistance of “economic liberals” to recognize corporate executives’ self-acknowledged trend toward Democrats.

The picture of rich businessmen on one side of the partisan divide and blistered-handed working men on the other may be familiar to writers born in the 1970s, like McArdle and Carney, and it certainly was to one growing up, as I did, in Big Three- and UAW-dominated Michigan in the 1950s. It warms many a liberal heart to see oneself as the unselfish backer of the toiling masses.

But this economic partisan divide was just one of several phases

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/people-of-color-trending-republican

Hispanics are running away from Democrats.
Bidenomics is making things even worse

by Alfredo Ortiz

The biggest story of Hispanic Heritage Month, which began last Friday, is that Hispanics are coming home to the Republican Party.

Earlier this month, the New York Times published a bombshell article headlined "Consistent Signs of Erosion in Black and Hispanic Support for Biden." The piece chronicles the ongoing political migration among minorities, especially Hispanics, from Democrats to Republicans. It highlights twelve "high-quality" 2024 election polls that show Biden holds a mere 50% to 40% lead among Hispanic voters. That's down significantly from the 65% of Hispanics who voted for him in 2020. This polling destroys the media narrative that Republicans are a racist party.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/hispanics-running-away-democrats-bidenomics-things-worse

Keep pretending that this isn't happening.

Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson switches to Republican Party

Texas Tribune [Austin, TX], by Joshua Fechter

0922%20Eric%20Johnson%20TTF23%20EH%20TT%

Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson, a longtime Democrat, is now a Republican — turning Dallas into the largest city in the country with a GOP mayor.

“Today I am changing my party affiliation,” Johnson wrote in an op-ed published Friday in The Wall Street Journal. “Next spring, I will be voting in the Republican primary. When my career in elected office ends in 2027 on the inauguration of my successor as mayor, I will leave office as a Republican.”

Johnson served in the Texas Legislature for nine years as a Democrat before he was elected as Dallas mayor in 2019. Though the mayor’s position is technically nonpartisan, Johnson joins Fort Worth Mayor Mattie Parker as one of two Republican mayors to lead a major Texas city.

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/09/22/dallas-mayor-eric-johnson-republican/

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/16/2023 at 11:25 AM, B-Man said:

It’s Not Your Father’s Democratic Party. But Whose Party Is It?
NYTimes ^ | 08/16/2023

Has the left’s half-century-long struggle to return the Democratic Party to its working class roots become an exercise in futility? This is perhaps the most vexing question facing the party of liberal America.

It is not an easy one to answer. In recent years, the Democratic electorate has moved in two directions.

First: The percentage of Democrats with a college degree has almost doubled, growing from 22 percent in 1996 to 41 percent in 2019.

Second: While the percentage of Democrats who are non-Hispanic and white has fallen from 76 to 59 percent over the same period, according to Pew Research, nonwhite Democrats — Black, Hispanic, Asian American or members of other minority groups — have grown from 24 to 41 percent.

In terms of the entire U.S. population (as of July 2022), those described by the census as “White alone, not-Hispanic or Latino” made up 58.9 percent of the United States — down from 69.1 percent in 2000 — while the percentage of Black, Hispanic, Asian American and other minorities increased from 30.9 to 41.1 percent over the same period.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/16/opinion/democrats-republicans-2024.html

It's the party of the elite.

You and i have chosen the correct parties.  Elite is good.  subpar is bad x in golf...

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

20 hours ago, B-Man said:

Keep pretending that this isn't happening.

Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson switches to Republican Party

Texas Tribune [Austin, TX], by Joshua Fechter

0922%20Eric%20Johnson%20TTF23%20EH%20TT%

Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson, a longtime Democrat, is now a Republican — turning Dallas into the largest city in the country with a GOP mayor.

“Today I am changing my party affiliation,” Johnson wrote in an op-ed published Friday in The Wall Street Journal. “Next spring, I will be voting in the Republican primary. When my career in elected office ends in 2027 on the inauguration of my successor as mayor, I will leave office as a Republican.”

Johnson served in the Texas Legislature for nine years as a Democrat before he was elected as Dallas mayor in 2019. Though the mayor’s position is technically nonpartisan, Johnson joins Fort Worth Mayor Mattie Parker as one of two Republican mayors to lead a major Texas city.

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/09/22/dallas-mayor-eric-johnson-republican/

If you ever want to “red pill” a Leftist Democrat, just subject them to their own policies…

Eric Adams, you’re up next…😉

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

Ripples turn into waves.

Black Republicans are making ripples in state and national politics

The Washington Post, by Camila DeChalus

Rodney Hall made history last month when he won the Republican primary for a Mississippi Capitol seat, setting him up to become the first Black Republican elected to the legislature since the Reconstruction era.But that wasn’t his goal when he decided to run for the open seat in District 20, which runs along Mississippi’s border with Tennessee border. In his first bid for elected office, Hall, who won his primary by 10 percentage points, said he focused on his experience as a local prosecutor and on his conservative values.

More at the link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/09/24/black-republican-party/

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Run, don't walk away. If you're young that is. And from Republicans, not Democrats.

Shhhh… don’t bring your facts here. This thread is just all feelings to cope with the fact that the GOP is set to die with the Boomers. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Shhhh… don’t bring your facts here. This thread is just all feelings to cope with the fact that the GOP is set to die with the Boomers. 

I've been saying this for some time.  This board may be a microcosm of that too.  I'd bet the average age of the righties here is over 60.  You can tell by the general grumpiness.  The posters who pop in occasionally just to chime in Fox's latest worthless talking point. 

• Eyeroll 1

26 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Unfortunately Hillsdale and Liberty are about 99% R....

That's ok.  We've got the vast majority and we're just gonna improve until the gop changes or blows up.

And as I always say, I'd rather we had a strong republican party.  But they are insane right now.  

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

Matt Taibbi is one of a group of honest liberals who are not blind to the contemporary Left’s faults. At Racket News, he writes about his testimony before Jim Jordan’s House Weaponization of Government Committee, which apparently prompted a visit to his home by the IRS. Jordan’s House committee investigated, with the result that the IRS has announced a new policy on home visits.

The substance of the investigation is related in more detail in a separate Racket News post, but for now I want to focus on Matt’s conclusion in the post linked above, which is titled “Thanks, to a Politician Who Did His Job”:

Sincere thanks are due to Chairman Jordan, whose staff not only demanded and got answers in my case, but achieved a concrete policy change, as IRS Commissioner Daniel Werfel announced in July new procedures that would “end most” home visits.

Anticipating criticism for expressing public thanks to a Republican congressman, I’d like to ask Democratic Party partisans: to which elected Democrat should I have appealed for help in this matter? The one who called me a “so-called journalist” on the House floor? The one who told me to take off my “tinfoil hat” and put greater trust in intelligence services? The ones in leadership who threatened me with jail time? I gave votes to the party for thirty years. Which elected Democrat would have performed basic constituent services in my case? Feel free to raise a hand.

If silence is the answer, why should I ever vote for a Democrat again?

Good question! Taibbi is a journalist who cares about freedom of speech. So, QED. The Democrats are on the other side.

Another life-long Democrat who has been rethinking her loyalties is Bari Weiss, as I noted here:

As a Democrat who has been left homeless, who is now definitely in the center but probably leaning increasingly right….

We are in the midst of a political realignment. Some of it has to do with which party (and which philosophy) best represents the working class, but there are other elements too. The current conflict in Gaza, with pro-genocide demonstrations from the Left on college campuses and in public places, like the one that shut down Grand Central Station today, is another factor that is disrupting traditional loyalties. And there are more.

I actually think that we are at the beginning of a considerably greater re-alignment than most people now realize, and that by far the larger movement will be from left to right.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2023/10/why-should-i-ever-vote-for-a-democrat-again.php

https://www.racket.news/p/thanks-to-a-politician-who-did-his

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2023/10/mugged-by-reality.php

• Agree 2

50 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Matt Taibbi is one of a group of honest liberals who are not blind to the contemporary Left’s faults. At Racket News, he writes about his testimony before Jim Jordan’s House Weaponization of Government Committee, which apparently prompted a visit to his home by the IRS. Jordan’s House committee investigated, with the result that the IRS has announced a new policy on home visits.

The substance of the investigation is related in more detail in a separate Racket News post, but for now I want to focus on Matt’s conclusion in the post linked above, which is titled “Thanks, to a Politician Who Did His Job”:

Sincere thanks are due to Chairman Jordan, whose staff not only demanded and got answers in my case, but achieved a concrete policy change, as IRS Commissioner Daniel Werfel announced in July new procedures that would “end most” home visits.

Anticipating criticism for expressing public thanks to a Republican congressman, I’d like to ask Democratic Party partisans: to which elected Democrat should I have appealed for help in this matter? The one who called me a “so-called journalist” on the House floor? The one who told me to take off my “tinfoil hat” and put greater trust in intelligence services? The ones in leadership who threatened me with jail time? I gave votes to the party for thirty years. Which elected Democrat would have performed basic constituent services in my case? Feel free to raise a hand.

If silence is the answer, why should I ever vote for a Democrat again?

Good question! Taibbi is a journalist who cares about freedom of speech. So, QED. The Democrats are on the other side.

Another life-long Democrat who has been rethinking her loyalties is Bari Weiss, as I noted here:

As a Democrat who has been left homeless, who is now definitely in the center but probably leaning increasingly right….

We are in the midst of a political realignment. Some of it has to do with which party (and which philosophy) best represents the working class, but there are other elements too. The current conflict in Gaza, with pro-genocide demonstrations from the Left on college campuses and in public places, like the one that shut down Grand Central Station today, is another factor that is disrupting traditional loyalties. And there are more.

I actually think that we are at the beginning of a considerably greater re-alignment than most people now realize, and that by far the larger movement will be from left to right.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2023/10/why-should-i-ever-vote-for-a-democrat-again.php

https://www.racket.news/p/thanks-to-a-politician-who-did-his

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2023/10/mugged-by-reality.php

Wasn’t Matt that same guy that took musk data didn’t vet it then ended up looking like an ass

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Wasn’t Matt that same guy that took musk data didn’t vet it then ended up looking like an ass

No but no surprise that you are unaware. He merely published information that showed how twitter censored information in concert with government agencies. I would think that you, as a self-described independent, would be happy when journalists shine a light on such things. I guess you are a different sort of independent. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...

Disillusioned Black Voters Come Home To The GOP

BY: KENDALL QUALLS

President-Trump-Remarks-Young-Black-Lead

Democrats are finally facing their day of reckoning with black voters, and their waning support for President Joe Biden is only half the story. A recent New York Times/Sienna poll reveals that Biden barely leads among nonwhite voters under 45 in a 2024 election matchup against former President Donald Trump. The same nonwhite voters reported backing Biden by almost 40 points in the 2020 election. 

The hidden story is that Trump is capturing more than 22 percent support among black voters. The NYT article said a Republican winning over so many black voters “would be unprecedented in the post-Civil Rights Act era.” 

Black Americans are beginning to understand that the years of promises of better days have resulted in decades of broken promises. A recent Wall Street Journal article tells the story of Michelle Smith, who lives in North Philadelphia. She works two jobs as a black single mother with three teenage boys. She describes her disappointment in Biden, whom she supported strongly in 2020. Despite efforts by the Democrats to spend more money on advertising, voter canvassing, and educating voters in black communities, Smith said the Democrats might not be able to convince her to vote. “I think I’m not going to vote, period,” she said.

Smith is not alone. There is a growing recognition that Democrats have duped black Americans. And as they increasingly realize it, Democrats will be left saying, “Katy, bar the door,” because their party will begin to implode. 

Ironically, the modern-day Democrat Party has essentially achieved the same objectives as the Civil War-era Democrat Party. It has unfortunately taken 60 years for black Americans to realize what has happened to them and their culture. It’s hard to keep blaming Republicans when Democrats run major cities, school systems, and police departments. In many cases, black Democrats run these institutions. 

https://thefederalist.com/2023/11/17/disillusioned-black-voters-come-home-to-the-gop/

https://www.wsj.com/politics/elections/black-voters-show-signs-of-slipping-away-from-biden-in-2024-69ae78b0?

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/05/upshot/polls-biden-trump-2024.html

• Thank you (+1) 1