#WalkAway

TRUTH.

…hostile to people of faith & spirituality, demonize the police & protect criminals at the expense of law-abiding Americans, believe in open borders, weaponize the national security state to go after political opponents, and above all, dragging us ever closer to nuclear war.

I believe in a government that is of, by, and for the people. Unfortunately, today’s Democratic Party does not. Instead, it stands for a government of, by, and for the powerful elite. I’m calling on my fellow common sense independent-minded Democrats to join me….

…in leaving the Democratic Party. If you can no longer stomach the direction that so-called woke Democratic Party ideologues are taking our country, I invite you to join me.

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Black Voters Are Shifting Right and the Left Is Losing It

Newsweek, by Patrice Onwuka

Election day is two weeks away, and the Left is freaking out about losses among minority voters such as Blacks, once a reliable base of support. The signs of the freakout are everywhere, but especially in the desperate, wacky, and downright insulting tactics they are currently employing to lure, nudge, and shame Blacks into voting for liberal candidates.

Let's start with the insulting. MSNBC host Tiffany Cross slammed the Republican National Committee's slate of "diverse" Republican congressional candidates, saying "faces of color do not always equate to voices of color." She then tokenized minority Republicans, including those currently serving in Congress

https://www.newsweek.com/black-voters-are-shifting-right-left-losing-it-opinion-1754998

The switcheroos of the two parties

By Victor Davis Hanson

FTA:

The real rulers of the Democrat party are the hyper-rich of Big Tech, Wall Street, Hollywood, the corporate boardroom, the administrative state, the media, and the legal world. Almost all these institutions have lost public confidence and poll miserably. Their cocooned leaders are never subject to the ramifications of their own often unworkable policies.

In contrast, Republicans this election cycle concerned themselves mostly with material issues of the battered middle classes – inflation, the price of fuel and energy, a secure border, crime, parental control of schools, and realist foreign policy.

Reforming social security, reducing capital gains taxes, and pruning back regulations are still doctrinaire Republican agendas. But they are not iconic of the middle-class dominated party as they once were in the age of Ronald Reagan.

Democrats, as the champions of the well-off, remain redistributionist and seek to tax the middle class to fund ever more government programs.

President Joe Biden canceled some student loans. He printed lots of money. And he expanded entitlements. But even these calcified Great Society issues are drowned out by the real concerns of the professional leftist elites who run the Democratic Party.

After all, they do not worry much about the price of diesel fuel, or whether border communities are swarmed by illegal immigration. They are indifferent to whether it is unsafe to take a late-night subway ride. And they are not too worried about being mugged or whether they can splurge for a weekend steak.

Instead, condescending Democratic movers and shakers are obsessed with climate change and sermonize about ending fossil fuels. Diversity, equity, and inclusion – all mandated equality-of-result agendas – are their cultural religion, along with transgender advocacy, and abortion on demand in all 50 states.

The net result of these radical shifts is that Republicans began bonding with the neglected working classes and those without college degrees. That way they drowned out left-wing racial obsessions with ecumenical class concerns.

In the process, the new Republican Party in 2022 is poised to win 45-50% of Hispanic voters and a near record number of African-American men.

In our changed political landscape, poorer Republican candidates are routinely outspent in most of their races. Conservatives are more likely to be canceled by left-wing anti-free-expression institutions like Facebook and Twitter. Their access to online knowledge and communication is often warped by monopolies and cartels like Google and Apple.

The Democrats claim Republicans are racists. But they cannot explain why record numbers of minorities are now deserting the Democrats, and the blue-state urban areas they run, to join the new Republicans.

As Republicans diminished the role of race, the Democrats grew ever more obsessed about it – and ignored class. The Oprahs, Meghan Markles, and MSNBC anchors of the world fixate over skin color in direct proportion to their own affluence, status, and privilege – as their hypocrisy turns off the middle classes of all races.

In sum, the party of old left-wing progressives has become one of rich regressives. And once country-club Republicans are becoming a party of middle-class populists. And the election will reflect both those changes.

https://jewishworldreview.com/1022/hanson102722.php3

Edited by B-Man

255vn7vnvmc8c9v396vfv03ejh._SY600_.jpg

Why this former Democrat voted Republican for the first time this election

by Adam B. Coleman

I remember as a child my mother would tell me, “You are the company you keep,” stressing the importance of associating with people who are on par with your values. For nearly a decade, I associated with the Democratic Party because I felt its values aligned with mine. Being a Democrat was part of my political identity; I even felt comfortable with the mantra “Vote blue no matter who.”

But the Democratic Party I once supported is unrecognizable, and my political association with it is no longer. On Sunday, for the first time in my life, I voted Republican and did it without hesitation

https://nypost.com/2022/11/03/why-this-former-democrat-voted-republican-for-the-first-time-this-election/#

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

255vn7vnvmc8c9v396vfv03ejh._SY600_.jpg

Why this former Democrat voted Republican for the first time this election

by Adam B. Coleman

I remember as a child my mother would tell me, “You are the company you keep,” stressing the importance of associating with people who are on par with your values. For nearly a decade, I associated with the Democratic Party because I felt its values aligned with mine. Being a Democrat was part of my political identity; I even felt comfortable with the mantra “Vote blue no matter who.”

But the Democratic Party I once supported is unrecognizable, and my political association with it is no longer. On Sunday, for the first time in my life, I voted Republican and did it without hesitation

https://nypost.com/2022/11/03/why-this-former-democrat-voted-republican-for-the-first-time-this-election/#

If he were a she (and apparently that’s a possibility in 2022), the ladies on The View would have no problem calling her a roach. As it is, he’s just an Uncle Tom. 

Democrats - the party of tolerance!

Why suburban women are flocking to the GOP: As simple as A,B,C.

by Glenn Reynolds

Suburban women are shifting Republican — by 27 points, a Wall Street Journal poll found, with 74% saying the country’s headed the wrong direction — because the Democrats have let them down.

When people complain about taxes, the usual response is something along the lines of “what, you don’t want police and schools?”

Of course, as my father-in-law once said, when they raise taxes they tell you it’s for teachers and police, but when they get the money it goes to buy a fancy leather chair for some guy you never heard of in an office downtown.

But if you’re going to justify the whole of government by invoking police and schools, maybe it would be a good idea to . . . actually provide police and schools. And Democrats across the nation went out of their way not to deliver either.

To hear Democratic candidates, and the party’s media cheerleaders, talk now, nobody ever supported defunding the police. But, of course, Democrats across the board did just that, and GOP candidates, and honest media, have been replaying the video.

In a spasm of post-George Floyd mass hysteria, the political system, and in particular the governments of Democratic-run cities, made drastic cutbacks in police protection, installed revolving-door, no-bail arraignment systems and encouraged the proliferation of homeless encampments and open-air drug markets in many areas.

Unsurprisingly, the result was surging crime. Around America, downtown businesses have closed, and people — especially women — have felt unsafe in their own neighborhoods. Crime is now a major issue with the electorate, and even among black voters, the alleged beneficiaries of police defunding, only 17% support defunding the police, per a recent Grio/Kaiser Family Foundation poll.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/04/why-suburban-women-are-flocking-to-the-gop-as-simple-as-abc/

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...