Best MNF game the Bills were in?

5 minutes ago, SMAKCruiser said:

No love for the 9-6 barn burner vs the Colts in the late 90s???

Yes! That was 1997. The Colts were 0-6 coming into that game and we almost handed them their first win. Cuz, you know -- We're the Bills.

Edited by Golden Goat

10 hours ago, row_33 said:

Beat the “unbeatable on MNF” Stabler Raiders in the mid-70s.

I remember this one.  I think it was Ahmad Rashad's first game as a Bill and he undressed a Raider CB for a TD.

Wasn't the Denver turnaround game also on MNF?

10 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

9/16/74    BILLS 21 Raiders 20.  Ferguson to Rashad TD.  Blanda missed a 50yd FG on final play.  Good times!

I should read to the end before I post.

10 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I was there!

Best part of that one was the grade school-play version of billy buffalo (guy in front, guy in back under the costume) rushing the field at the end of the game. That used to be on youtube, but the nfl in its great wisdom appears to have scrubbed it from the site. Too bad — it’s a lotta laffs.

2 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I've heard this story before from my parents who were at that very game. 

Same here, I wasn't at the game and I got it wrong it was '75 Giants.

But like I mentioned before, someone repeated the performance at Rich Stadium during a concert I was at in the late '70's.

• Like (+1) 1

Probably plenty of people here weren't around for the Raiders game.   It wasn't just that Rashad scored a late TD and the Raiders missed a field goal on the final play.

Rashad scored the go-ahead TD with under 2 minutes left.   The Bills' defense held and got the ball left.   The Bills just need to run out the clock.  The Raiders stripped the ball from the Bills' fullback (James Braxton?) and returned it 65 yards to retake the lead.  So the Bills drove AGAIN with Rashad getting his SECOND TD in the last two minutes.  

My wife fell asleep with ten minutes left.   I couldn't sleep for two hours. 

Cowboys games was probably the best game I've ever seen live, and I was at Super Bowl XXV.   The crowd was absolutely electric.   The stadium was shaking.   The Bills defense was unprepared to win the game on the final plays.   They literally GAVE the Cowboys two sideline completions to set up the losing field goal.   Still, the game was unbelievable.  

• Like (+1) 3

13 hours ago, Rubes said:

Hard to argue this one, even though they lost. It was a heartbreaker, but what an amazing game.

It's easy to argue this one. Losing that way in the last couple of minutes makes me never want to see that game again.

So happy with the new culture that McD is bringing to the locker room. He's changing the mindset where we played too tight at the end of games where we had the lead and gave it away. No way this can be our best MNF game when we choked like that in front of a national audience. 

5 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

Odd fact: the game didn't sell out in time and was blacked out in WNY

You may be thinking here of the 1975 MNF game against the Giants.  Another MNF game that was blacked out in WNY.

I remember seeing the MNF game against the Giants on TV. Drunk guy climbs out on the field-goal netting wire & gets stuck half way out!

The game was delayed & finally the dude got back to safety. I also think there was a MNF game against the Vikings where a Buffalo fan

hit Chuck Foreman in the face with a snow ball.....

14 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Found highlights of this awesome game.  Rams were 5-0 going into it.

Only MNF games I have a memory of though are the 07 Cowboys game and the Seahawks game a few years ago.  The 2000 Titans game the first year of the drought may have been?  I remember it being at night. 

This was a great game. It really had everything.

14 hours ago, mannc said:

Dallas game, 2007.  Best live sporting event I’ve ever attended.

+1 The fans were juiced.

The Bills rolled out that unconventional defense and had Romo on the ropes for most of the game.  Was a heartbreaker to lose.  Was always curious why the Bills only did that for that one game.  

58 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

It's easy to argue this one. Losing that way in the last couple of minutes makes me never want to see that game again.

So happy with the new culture that McD is bringing to the locker room. He's changing the mindset where we played too tight at the end of games where we had the lead and gave it away. No way this can be our best MNF game when we choked like that in front of a national audience. 

I agree that it cannot be our best Monday night game. I feel people are trying to look at it from an unbiased perspective. As if you are someone that's not a fan of either team, then the Dallas vs. Buffalo game would be the best game Monday night game they would have watched that involved us.

Beating the Fish at home in 1981 or the first Bills MNF game in our brand new stadium, beating KC and OJ hitting 1,000 yards 7 games into the season.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

15 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

9/16/74    BILLS 21 Raiders 20.  Ferguson to Rashad TD.  Blanda missed a 50yd FG on final play.  Good times!

...helluva game....two guys on our bus, one Bills fan and one a Raiders fan beat the snot outta each other after it ended....the Raiders dude refused to ride the bus home and hitch hiked back to Roch-Cha-Cha...boyz will be boyz....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wagon127 said:

I agree that it cannot be our best Monday night game. I feel people are trying to look at it from an unbiased perspective. As if you are someone that's not a fan of either team, then the Dallas vs. Buffalo game would be the best game Monday night game they would have watched that involved us.

Fair point. I will admit that I may be biased when it comes to the Bills, that and I'm still salty about losing to Dallas teams ?

16 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Easily the best and most exciting IMO.  I had the pleasure of watching the game in Rich Stadium.  :beer: