Joe B: 53 Man Roster Projection - Final

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Literally the ONLY change I'd make to that at this stage is punter. Schmidt has much more leg than Ryan at this stage. Other than that I'm 100% with you. And I suspect Levi Wallace and Tanner Vallejo are cut within a couple of days of cut downs and replaced by people on other squads.

I'd probably choose Schmidt also but there's a reason Beane pursued Ryan (they don't like Schmidt very much) and I think Ryan signing so quickly after visiting is indication that they told him the job is pretty much his barring a clownshow the next 8 days.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

53 Man Roster Projection from Cover 1:

NFL Preseason Week 3: Bills 53-man roster prediction

Two games are in the books, with two more to go. Going into the preseason week three matchup against the Cincinnati Bengals, the dress rehearsal game will define not just the starters for week one; it’s also the best opportunity for second-teamers to separate from the third-stringers and guarantee their places on the 53-man roster. Here’s my prediction of who would be the Bills’ choices if the cut day were today:

This projection may be spot on, but there are several decisions I would not like:

- Maybe I'm alone in this, but I wish we would move on from Taiwan Jones. I understand his ST value, but I feel like there are other guys who can fill his role. 

- I would take Khari Lee over Croom. And, I will be very sad to see O'Leary go, and not just from a fan standpoint. O'Leary is clutch, and always has been.

- I agree with all six WRs. Part of me wishes we kept seven with Streater. Completely agree (and hope) Coleman stays.

- I'm not so impressed with Newhouse. De'Ondre Wesley?

- Do we need 10 D linemen? Lose Hatley, or Russel, or both.

- Keep Siran Neal.

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He has Peterman as the starting QB.  Who took over this TBD account? :lol:

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

To clarify - I don't necessarily mean the way he has them listed..... I mean the 53 names. Josh Allen will be the starting Quarterback. 

Yeah, I don't feel too strongly about the ranking of the QB's at this point. I'd prefer Allen sit for at least the first half of the season but this week will be huge with regard to that. All I know for certain (in my mind, anyway) is that all three QB's will make the team.

4 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Yeah, I don't feel too strongly about the ranking of the QB's at this point. I'd prefer Allen sit for at least the first half of the season but this week will be huge with regard to that. All I know for certain (in my mind, anyway) is that all three QB's will make the team.

The only way three don't make it is if all isn't what it now seems with AJ. If healthy all are making the 53. 

6 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I'd probably choose Schmidt also but there's a reason Beane pursued Ryan (they don't like Schmidt very much) and I think Ryan signing so quickly after visiting is indication that they told him the job is pretty much his barring a clownshow the next 8 days.

That would be a big error. Ryan's leg has gone. 

1 minute ago, wppete said:

I don't get it either. Waste of a roster spot and we are paying him a lot of money. 

A FB is so 1990's.  If we save $, cut him and we can keep 4 RBs..  And besides, we have Kyle!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

A FB is so 1990's.  If we save $, cut him and we can keep 4 RBs..  And besides, we have Kyle!

Couldn't agree more.  On Defense, they have a kid who's built like a weeping willow branch playing MLB, but on Offense we need a fullback?  Really?

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Yea we will be saving money. Get rid of him.

Patrick DiMarco signed a 4 year, $8,400,000 contract with the Buffalo Bills, including a $2,000,000 signing bonus, $4,800,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $2,100,000.

Heres the Link:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/patrick-dimarco-11222/

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Depends on what Daboll thinks. He stunk in 2017 but had some good years in Atlanta. Maybe Daboll thinks he can be this team's James Develin.

I've never been a proponent of these type of single purpose roster spots. In the same way, if you're at the goal line it makes little sense to me to bunch everyone at the line.  All it ends up doing is bringing the entire defense into the point of attack.  Very old school.

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

First I've heard this.

Genuinely. Been well below his peak level the last two seasons. Probably still a better directional punter than Schmidt but I think Schmidt's leg is a fair bit stronger at this point in their respective career. 

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Depends on what Daboll thinks. He stunk in 2017 but had some good years in Atlanta. Maybe Daboll thinks he can be this team's James Develin.

Yea I don't see Daboll going without a FB. 

2 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Or what Jerome Felton was in Minnesota, and was supposed to be for us. Adrian Peterson ran a lot of yards behind that guy. We are a run-heavy offense, after all.

Early Bills 53-man roster projection

Derek Kramer @DerekKramerWGR

With only one week before all rosters are cut down to 53 players, the Bills have two more preseason games to play to finalize their roster. Before the preseason wraps with with two games in five days, here is a too early projection of the Bills roster come September 1st.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Joe B: 53 Man Roster Projection - Final
1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So our #7 overall pick isn’t ready to Start... so he’s going to be buried to #3?

How about doesn’t have to supporting cast around him quit yet, still has a lot to learn, but I’d say let him be #2, and if it’s a must he gets in and takes his bumps and bruises.

Ill be kind of annoyed if they keep 3 QBs. 

51 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

So our #7 overall pick isn’t ready to Start... so he’s going to be buried to #3?

How about doesn’t have to supporting cast around him quit yet, still has a lot to learn, but I’d say let him be #2, and if it’s a must he gets in and takes his bumps and bruises.

Ill be kind of annoyed if they keep 3 QBs. 

Allen will not be #3.

Bills' 53-man roster projection includes keeping 3 QBs, cutting Corey Coleman

Sean McDermott looked like he was coaching in a playoff game Thursday as he watched his team fight to the end to pull out a victory that will be forgotten by the middle of this week. It was an indication that he deeply appreciated the effort his players gave, and it probably makes a bit more difficult a few of the decisions he and general manager Brandon Beane must make to pare the roster down to the NFL-mandated 53-man limit by 4 p.m. Saturday.

But in reality, very little that transpired during Buffalo’s four practice games had much of an impact on how the roster will be selected. McDermott and Beane probably had about 40 of the spots decided before the Bills even arrived at St. John Fisher College in late July, and all but perhaps the final three or four positions were likely penciled in before A.J. McCarron’s “legendary” comeback – his word, not mine – in Chicago.

What follows is the 53-man team I would pick, with the caveat being that the players occupying the bottom of the roster should not sign any apartment leases yet because the Bills will most likely alter some things once the waiver wire goes live.