Summit Predictions

13 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Rodman on CNN is saying Un has wanted a meeting like this for years but when he took that message to Obama, he blew him off.... 

.....totally believable.

Obama was so far out of his element when he was elected President. He barely had a clue about Chicago when he was elected a U.S. Senator.

C'mon does anybody really believe that kim guy is serious about anything more

than a free trip and unlimited mcdonalds? He does have great pant suits tho,

they remind me of hillary's duds .

zero chance that dude gives up his rockets, cnn will consider the talks a victory

because they are fail tho, there is that.

Btw, has stormy commented on all this yet?

AP declares Kim the winner

Hours before President Trump's summit with Kim Jong Un, Eric Talmadge of the Associated Press declared Trump no match for the North Korean.

Sorry Eric, I think I will wait to see how things turn out before judgement,

Those of us older than the 20 somethings that you write for remember the exact same story being written in the 80's.

Just change Kim to Gorbachev, and Trump to Reagan

:lol:

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

AP declares Kim the winner

Hours before President Trump's summit with Kim Jong Un, Eric Talmadge of the Associated Press declared Trump no match for the North Korean.

Sorry Eric, I think I will wait to see how things turn out before judgement,

Those of us older than the 20 somethings that you write for remember the exact same story being written in the 80's.

Just change Kim to Gorbachev, and Trump to Reagan

A yes, the old evil media angle, good propaganda for the Trump cultist 

Edited by Tiberius

41 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Rodman on CNN is saying Un has wanted a meeting like this for years but when he took that message to Obama, he blew him off.... 

DfdOx5bUcAAwnBF.jpg

Lots of jokes will be made at his expense, but that was real emotion. And he's right. 44 had a vested interest in maintaining the status quo in the DPRK and no interest in working on a deal.  

Whether or not there have already been telephone conversations, whether or not any of this is scripted, whether or not Un isn't sincere, this is something that I have not seen occur in my lifetime, and it's significance shouldn't be dismissed by either side.  At least Trump and Un are talking face to face. That's FAR greater an accomplishment with regard to NoKo than anything since the cease-fire.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I predict a whole lot of nothing 

That's what these summits are.  Shake hands, shoot the ****, pretend you negotiated something that your underlings spent months negotiating earlier.

The Camp David accords involved 14 months of behind-the-scenes negotiating before Sadat and Begin met.  You think this meeting's the start of talks?  Most this'll be is an agreement on a framework for future negotiations and another summit about a year from now.

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Rweely?

You'll have to excuse him.  He tawt he taw a puddy tat.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Azalin said:

Whether or not there have already been telephone conversations, whether or not any of this is scripted, whether or not Un isn't sincere, this is something that I have not seen occur in my lifetime, and it's significance shouldn't be dismissed by either side.  At least Trump and Un are talking face to face. That's FAR greater an accomplishment with regard to NoKo than anything since the cease-fire.

Exactly. :beer: 

This is something historic that could, potentially, make the world a safer place for millions of people. It could bring to an end our nation's longest war, free millions of North Koreans from poverty and enslavement, stabilize not just the Korean peninsula but all of South East Asia too. Regardless of your feelings of the placeholder sitting in the Oval, this is bigger than politics or partisanship. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Azalin said:

It's treason, and Trump should be impeached for it.  [/HuffPo]

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Regardless of your feelings of the placeholder sitting in the Oval, this is bigger than politics or partisanship. 

And so was normalizing relations with Cuba, but it didn't stop anyone complaining.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

It's treason, and Trump should be impeached for it.  [/HuffPo]

I'm thinking Washington Post:

"Trump Disrupts Decades of Stability on Korean Peninsula"  after announcement of full disarmament and reunification of Korea.

• Like (+1) 1

Ju006LKk_bigger.jpgJon LevineVerified account @LevineJonathan
FollowFollow @LevineJonathan
More

President Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un will both enjoy vanilla Haagen Dazs ice cream at the conclusion of their working lunch

DfdcQ1_VAAAmgxg.jpg.............OH GOD, here we go !

Trump gets his usual extra scoop, and the talks break off completely....................

?

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Dfc7yVwVAAAEN00.jpg

Here we go... Kim's arrived. 

“So where’s Stormy?”

2 hours ago, Cinga said:

Rodman on CNN is saying Un has wanted a meeting like this for years but when he took that message to Obama, he blew him off...

FIFY. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OJABBA said:

Cool. What was the significance of that photo?

The chain behind him is broken. The symbolism is that he was freed. It was a very deliberate and staged photograph, and one of the few the DPRK state media circulated globally. He was sending a message. 

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

The chain behind him is broken. The symbolism is that he was freed. It was a very deliberate and staged photograph, and one of the few the DPRK state media circulated globally. He was sending a message. 

Wow. Amazing. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Or... OR... He sat on it and it broke. (I keed, I keed...) :pirate:

• Haha (+1) 1