What does the phrase "The Good Old Days" mean to you?

So obviously this is a very subjective question which is what will make it fun.  Everybody at one point or another has used the phrase "The Good Old Days" but I think it means a little something different to every individual. So how would you describe the good old days as it relates to your life personally? 

This thread may or may not have been inspired by the fact I watched the movie The Sandlot this morning 

For the person who is saying it, my interpretation is they're referring to a simpler, happier time in their lives that's long-been replaced by their current situation.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

So obviously this is a very subjective question which is what will make it fun.  Everybody at one point or another has used the phrase "The Good Old Days" but I think it means a little something different to every individual. So how would you describe the good old days as it relates to your life personally? 

This thread may or may not have been inspired by the fact I watched the movie The Sandlot this morning 

I don't think I ever used the phrase "The Good Old Days," except ironically.

18 minutes ago, Gugny said:

For the person who is saying it, my interpretation is they're referring to a simpler, happier time in their lives that's long-been replaced by their current situation.

I believe that the question was pretty clear. What does the phrase mean to you means what does the !@#$ing phrase mean to YOU. How can you interpret it any other way?

Anyway, sorry for the digression. For me “the good old days” harkens back to a time where people actually understood the meaning of a simple sentence.

A few generations ago when decent god fearing people still had values, the family unit was intact, people knew their neighbors names, we weren't bombarded with attention whoring antics, warm apple pie cooled on window sills, and minorities weren't allowed to use the same bathroom as me.  Simpler times. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This pretty much covers it for me.

13 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I believe that the question was pretty clear. What does the phrase mean to you means what does the !@#$ing phrase mean to YOU. How can you interpret it any other way?

Anyway, sorry for the digression. For me “the good old days” harkens back to a time where people actually understood the meaning of a simple sentence.

Hmmm ... It would seem that you are correct.

So ... for me ... the good ol' days refer to coming to twobillsdrive before Cripple Creek joined.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

This post has been reported for not abiding by the TOS.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I got your TOS right here, cripple boy.

The good old days were those that existed in a time when adults did not act like spoiled two-year old children on a message board.  

Other than that, they are those days where we are best able to revise our recollection of history while being dismissive and critical of the current generation. BTW current generation consists of whatever age group us old farts wishes to put down.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

The good old days were those that existed in a time when adults did not act like spoiled two-year old children on a message board.  

Other than that, they are those days where we are best able to revise our recollection of history while being dismissive and critical of the current generation. BTW current generation consists of whatever age group us old farts wishes to put down.

Thank you for handling this in such a professional and private manner. 

It it will be so nice not having that lug around for a while.

• Haha (+1) 1