Bills Add Keith Jennings to the College Scouting Staff

51 minutes ago, Leonhart2017 said:

What does BLESTO stand for?

BLESTO is a scouting service (3rd party) that the Bills subscribe to. They provide reports to teams that are a launch off point for which kids to scout for the upcoming season. The Bills assign a scout to work directly with BLESTO.

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Leonhart2017 said:

What does BLESTO stand for?

The NFL's first scouting organization, LESTO (Lions, Eagles and Steelers Talent Organization), was started in 1963 by the teams mentioned in its name with headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.[17] It became BLESTO when the Bears joined the following year and BLESTO-V when the Vikings came on board later in the decade; by 1971 the Bills, Colts and Dolphins had joined and the group was known as BLESTO-VIII.[18] It is now known simply as BLESTO despite the fact that the Bears and Eagles are no longer members.[19] The group's offices stayed in Pittsburgh until 2007 when the headquarters moved to Jacksonville, Florida, with support offices remaining in Pittsburgh.[17]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Scouting_Combine#Scouting_organizations

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

BLESTO is a scouting service (3rd party) that the Bills subscribe to. They provide reports to teams that are a launch off point for which kids to scout for the upcoming season. The Bills assign a scout to work directly with BLESTO.

So, we scout the scouting service?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The reports provide a starting point for planning scouting focus and activity for college season

So, what does Jennings do? On the surface it seems to me that BLESTO scout is to scouting as training wheels are to road racing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

So, what does Jennings do? On the surface it seems to me that BLESTO scout is to scouting as training wheels are to road racing.

"dude" stop with the questioning of BLESTO  ok? its been around. your chance at being glib. so far so good. quit now . 

I know NOTHING about this guy, but scouting/drafting is your lifeline, and there’s no cap on that spending. Build the best scouting staff and good things will eventually happen. Nothing (other than a Franchise QB) beats great, young and cheap talent. 

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

I know NOTHING about this guy, but scouting/drafting is your lifeline, and there’s no cap on that spending. Build the best scouting staff and good things will eventually happen. Nothing (other than a Franchise QB) beats great, young and cheap talent. 

...sounds like the 3rd party subscription was already in place and this guy is just replacing the guy who went to the Giants.......what did I miss?..

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That is correct 

Wait...I just read further. I assumed we had our OWN scouts PLUS we subscribed to a neutral third party service for another eye on players. WE hire guys for Blesto? Now I’m confused. (Again, of course.) 

29 minutes ago, Augie said:

Wait...I just read further. I assumed we had our OWN scouts PLUS we subscribed to a neutral third party service for another eye on players. WE hire guys for Blesto? Now I’m confused. (Again, of course.) 

Bills have own scouts and subscribe to BLESTO. This particular scout is part of the Bills college scouting staff. He is assigned to work with BLESTO as a partner on behalf of the Bills. He’s not a scout for BLESTO. He’s replacing the previous Bills college scout who was assigned to BLESTO. This is really a nothing move. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Go back up and look at his picture. Im pretty sure he does whatever he wants to do. He looks tougher than nails.

Essentially, it's a training ground for aspiring scouts:

https://www.catscratchreader.com/2014/2/5/5382854/a-deeper-look-at-blesto-scouting-services

Membership responsibilities includes over $100,000 in annual dues and the assignment of at least one scout to the group. As scouts evaluate the current class of seniors visiting schools' pro days, they often work out underclassmen for future draft years. This data and other information is presented at meetings (usually in Florida) about two weeks after the current draft. The BLESTO and National reports are published from these meetings. These reports serve as a both starting point for the lengthy evaluation process and also a rough guide as to where players are regarded by the group. Some teams assign their most junior scout to the job of BLESTO/National regional rep, and the best ones are usually promoted or headhunted away from the role in short stint. This instability with the reps (and the lack of evaluating the senior season) can and will affect the accuracy of the reports.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yikes!  Someone needs a Xanax or two.

I will take 4 at 50 milligrams  and bring the Tequila and fruit. case of beer. and the Two waitresses you know which ones i mean ..
i already have secured the special medicines.the adrenochrome would work well for your new friend.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills have own scouts and subscribe to BLESTO. This particular scout is part of the Bills college scouting staff. He is assigned to work with BLESTO as a partner on behalf of the Bills. He’s not a scout for BLESTO. He’s replacing the previous Bills college scout who was assigned to BLESTO. This is really a nothing move. 

i'm concerned. Seems like since Brandon has gone away the Team is in disarray ?!
 Is it just me ?

Welcome onboard Mr Jennings.
Sift the wheat from the chaff please and find us some gems 

• Haha (+1) 1