Political And Racial Agendas Ruining Sports

11 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

I assumed you are not serious, but I've read your posts and I'm afraid you are not.  

You disagree with the idea that individuals who work their way through difficult problems with logic, instead of feeling their way through them and expressing their ideas in terms of emotions, are more likely to have a firmer understanding of the subject matter? 

16 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

I assumed you are not serious, but I've read your posts and I'm afraid you are not.  

I don't really care.  Your post, both the above and the one I responded to, are uninformed and emotional.

35 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

If you don't know then you must be one of them uninformed people you don't like. 

That's a weak response, even for you. 

I'm quite sure you don't know the answer so I'll tell you. They protest because they want to have a purpose. 

On 6/7/2018 at 7:05 AM, shrader said:

Some political talk from the NHL?  The only thing I can think of that comes even remotely close to that is talk over the value of the canadian dollar.

I don't follow hockey but it seems there has been some news lately of fans giving the black hockey player a hard time.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/devante-smith-pelly-nhl-racial-taunt-chicago-blackhawks-washington-capitals/

5 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I don't follow hockey but it seems there has been some news lately of fans giving the black hockey player a hard time.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/devante-smith-pelly-nhl-racial-taunt-chicago-blackhawks-washington-capitals/

Thats pretty much a once a year story. I wouldn’t call it political though. 

I think the players are having a MASSIVE effect!

Apparently North Korea is going to denuclearize, and has sought peace with South Korea. 

Black Unemployment is at records lows.

The economy is going well.

Murder rates are down in Chicago

None of this would have happened without them. These guys deserve a big round of applause!

I salute you!

Edited by OJABBA
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The issue is that you can't stop policing crime, and crime needs to be policed where it happens.  Compounding the issue is, you can't have a situation where people committing crimes aren't being sentenced for racial reasons, especially given the need to work to eliminate/reduce crime in those areas.  Those individuals who are economically at risk, and are not themselves criminals, need to have safe communities to raise their kids in, free from gangs and open drug use, in order to have any chance at breaking the cycle of poverty.

In order to do this you have to get rid of the criminals, which means higher incarceration rates.

Just out of curiosity, what's your opinion of the 1994 crime bill?

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Just out of curiosity, what's your opinion of the 1994 crime bill?

It’s amusing to see libs routinely attack the legacy of Bill Clinton because of it.

In five years his legacy with libs will be lower than whale vomit.

On 6/7/2018 at 6:59 AM, BringBackFergy said:

I may have to become a NASCAR fan

NFL is full of political content

NBA - absolutely

MLB - Yeah, to a certain extent

NCAA sports are now politicized

Golf - Sometimes

NHL - I've heard some

Soccer - Maybe not, although the governing body has political motivations

Shoot, car racing might be the only pure sport left.

The sport of kings is pretty apolitical.

I’ve just stopped watching pre-game shows and tune the games in right at 1pm.

I don’t like the kneeling so I chose to not watch the kneelers kneeling. And, yes, they have the right to do that.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I’ve just stopped watching pre-game shows and tune the games in right at 1pm.

I don’t like the kneeling so I chose to not watch the kneelers kneeling. And, yes, they have the right to do that.

And teams, and the league, have the right to set rules saying they must stand, and punish them for it.

In fact, if they don't, and if they endorse it...it's not a protest.  

23 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

And teams, and the league, have the right to set rules saying they must stand, and punish them for it.

In fact, if they don't, and if they endorse it...it's not a protest.  

Agreed.

On 6/8/2018 at 1:56 PM, TakeYouToTasker said:

Fully acknowledging that people don't start in the same place, and the truly disadvantaged have the tallest hills to climb, individuals absolutely shoulder the blame for the poor choices they make; and the choices people make are even more important when their is less margin for error.  Poverty, like wealth, is intergenerational.  If you are poor, and you do not graduate from high school, do not have a job, and/or have children out of wedlock you are far more likely, by multitudes, to normalize that lifestyle for your progeny, and pass down your poverty to them.

This is a fact, and regardless of how uncomfortable it may be, it does not change the reality.

There is no substitute for an involved two parent family who takes an active involvement in their child's education.  None.

Worse, you won't even begin to solve the problem until you accept this absolute truth.

Black Americans have agency.  They are responsible for the choices they make.

The change needs to begin in black communities, where black community leaders must advocate for intact black families who embrace upright social responsibility.  There has to be a massive cultural change. 

Assignment: read Tasker’s responses in the voice of Robert California from “The Office.”

It’s interesting how we envision people in these forums. But that’s how I’ve personified Tasker. Good mother!@#$in dude that drops gems in his posts. Good stuff. 

• Haha (+1) 3