Ryan Gates of WGR follows through on quitting job if Bills draft Josh Allen

Gates said before the draft that he would quit his job as producer for Schopp & Bulldog and host of The Nightcap  at WGR if the Bills drafted josh Allen. True to his word, he changed his twitter handle to Ryan Gates Job Seeker @quitter_ryan and now Ryan Gates Job Acceptor. 

That show had become something I played during workouts or a get home from work, pour a drink and relax part of my day. They replayed the important stuff from the other WGR shows throughout the day that I rarely listen to. He wasn’t the greatest of all time or anything but he was a younger, different voice than the guys during the day. I liked matt Coller too and he’s also gone. 

• Like (+1) 1

Haters gonna hate.  He had a great show and was so much more mellow thoughtful and informative than his morning or afternoon counterparts.  

None of you know the whole story, not many of us will.  Radio pays crap and he will have a much better chance to make a living somewhere else.  Good for him.  It's probably been a long time in the making.  

I'll miss him, I looked forward to his tempered takes that stood in contrast to Howard and Jeremy's caffiene fueled blather and I just can't listen to Schopp and the BD, they are awful.  

Ho hum, I'll stick to sports talk Saturday now.  

Edited by thunderingsquid
  • Like (+1) 1

I worked in terrestrial radio. The pay is ****. The job stability is ****. The benefits are ****, if you’re lucky. 

This was a smart move, one he was probably planning on anyway. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, jamiezzz said:

...and anyone still listens to wgr, why?   Why does this deserve a thread?  Let's move on...

“Deserve” a thread? Is there a thread shortage and we need to conserve?

200w.gif

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 6