Tyrod Taylor: I still feel that I’d done more than enough to stay

On 6/8/2018 at 6:55 PM, JPP said:

Wait until he leads the Browns to the AFC championship game & than Superbowl........some people's heads are going to spontaniously combust!  

I'm not worried about that happening in the least. He will be backing up Mayfield by week 5, bank on it.

4 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I'm not worried about that happening in the least. He will be backing up Mayfield by week 5, bank on it.

Yes my comment was just in fun.....it was a joke just like this entire thread and the same thousand that came before it.....however i do think mayfield will take over sometime in the season but IMO he will have a very very rough 1st year...

4 minutes ago, JPP said:

Yes my comment was just in fun.....it was a joke just like this entire thread and the same thousand that came before it.....however i do think mayfield will take over sometime in the season but IMO he will have a very very rough 1st year...

it's too bad we don't play them this year. It would be fun tearing up that little pip squeak limb from limb.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, reddogblitz said:

it's too bad we don't play them this year. It would be fun tearing up that little pip squeak limb from limb.

agreed....some teams D will bring him back down to earth in a very bad way IMO.....

9 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...BOTH are re-runs......OVERPLAYED.......as in re-running re-runs (a/k/a repetitious TT threads, our FORMER QB).....we also have "Bonanza", "Sky King" or "Hollywood Squares" available if you prefer...:thumbsup:

May I have "Hogan's Heroes", please, with a side order of "The Virginian" and a dash of the CBS "What's My Line?"

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/7/2018 at 12:34 AM, THE SLAMMER said:

Frustrating time in Buffalo. Time to move on, glad we did

Yes, the 17 years without playoffs was a very frustrating time in Buffalo. 

But Tyrod gave us a few exciting years at the end of that frustrating time and then helped lead us out of the darkness and into light, ending the longest playoff drought in sports.

Taylor is no Franchise QB, but he's the best we had in Buffalo for 17+ years.

So go get 'em in Cleveland Tyrod... hope you're more appreciated there :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/7/2018 at 5:34 AM, PeterGriffin said:

Down 24-7 at the start of the 4th Q and the Jest playing soft is when Tyrod did his best work, you expected anything different!

14/19 122 yds 1 TD

3 sacks and a lost fumble that lead directly to Jets TD 1 play later 

9 yards rushing and 1 TD

All in 4th Q losing against a team 24-7 then 31-7 trying to run out the clock.

Where was Tyrod in the first 3 quarters?

He was being virtually 100% of the offense for those 3 quarters, just like he continued to be for the 4th quarter, gaining 190+ yards and passing for a TD behind an offensive line that couldn't block and passing to the likes of Deonte Thompson, Nick O'leary, Say Jones, Logan Thomas, and Jordan Matthews.

On 6/7/2018 at 6:59 AM, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Imagine if Matthews and O'leary didn't fumble in scoring position. We may have gone into halftime up 14-10 and we may have pulled back within 3 by the beginning of the 4th quarter.

Yep... our weapons in 2017 absolutely sucked... and I thought our weapons in 2016 sucked... but damn, we had backup talent almost across the board to throw to.

WRs and weapons in 2015 pretty good

WRs and weapons in 2016 not so good, probably below average to awful at least half the year

WRs and weapons in 2017 below average to awful the whole year

What'd we say about Taylor regressing from 2015-2017... wait...

tenor.gif?itemid=4730394

On 6/7/2018 at 9:17 AM, BringBackOrton said:

15/22 for 162 yards with 5 sacks is not good........

I'm not saying the team played great and he held them back. Just that when the QB needed to elevate, he didn't.  He was same old mediocre Tyrod.  His third quarters are the anti-Warriors.

The Jets game was another mediocre showing from Tyrod in a long line of them.  Sometimes our defense and other guys play well and we win.  Sometimes they don't and we lose.  Rarely does Tyrod play what I would consider "good," especially in 2017

Herein lies the 3 years of argument over Tyrod Taylor.

Very few QBs in the NFL truly "elevate" their teams in the way you're describing.

Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Big Ben are probably the only ones who do it with any consistency.

Most NFL starting QBs need their NFL offensive teammates to be consistently playing to an NFL starting level. (And I'll disregard the negative connotations of the word "mediocre" you used for Taylor and accept it for it's literal meaning--that Taylor was a middle of the road QB, which is precisely what he was for 3 years)

That wasn't what happened in 2017 for the Buffalo Bills, with the exception of Shady, of course.

So OBD is taking the approach of swinging for the fences with Allen, hoping he turns into the Brady/Brees/Rodgers/Big Ben of tomorrow. 

It's a gamble, but while the risk is there, the reward is very high.

That approach is the reason Tyrod is gone.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

On 6/8/2018 at 1:31 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

blob.png.146550e702d0eb617636e34d6d9b79d3.png  along with blob.png.355a35291191349b27373c86363b3ef2.png

On 6/8/2018 at 7:58 AM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LMAO!!....nice job "Mr. Cut 'N Paste".........incomprehensible that people won't admit that (unfortunately) the passing game was never going to become a viable offensive THREAT, especially downfield....our WR's grew moss from inactivity and had a better shot at seeing an apple from the stands BEFORE the pigskin......hope Hugh helps the lad turn it around and he move closer to the next level...

On 6/8/2018 at 9:23 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

In all honesty, these are  some of my frequently used saved attachments. 

Well gee... ya don't say Shady... why I've never seen you beat a dead horse with you're beat a dead horse awards before :flirt:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

On 6/9/2018 at 7:13 AM, BillsFan4 said:

Jarvis Landry with some praise for TT (while throwing Cutler/Tannehill under a bus...) -

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000936293/article/jarvis-landry-browns-qbs-a-lot-better-than-miamis

I think this is a pretty profound statement if he's sincere, considering the occasional Franchise QB perspective people had of both Tannehill and Cutler for a long time...

Oh I can't resist... hey BringBackOrton... remember this:

tenor.gif?itemid=10797530

18 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

This thread should be locked or put in around the NFL

I agree...

do you see an "around the NFL" forum in TBD?

I don't.

But I wholeheartedly agree with you that this thread should be stowed away in that forum and that that forum should exist.

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Tyrod gave us a few exciting years 

Tyrod gave us more than a few embarrassing performances. 

As far as a playoff qb goes, his peers are TJ Yates, Ryan Lindley, and Tarvaris Jackson. 

Should we appreciate what Yates did for the Texans ? 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Tyrod gave us more than a few embarrassing performances. 

As far as a playoff qb goes, his peers are TJ Yates, Ryan Lindley, and Tarvaris Jackson. 

Should we appreciate what Yates did for the Texans ? 

Yates and Lindley are not fair comparisons. They were late season injury replacements who played almost no part in their team making the playoffs.  Tarvaris is a better comparison because he was a starter and also Quarterbacked a team that many would say were 'lucky' to get in and got in primarily for reasons other than Quarterback play.  

Tyrod worked and tried hard for this team.  I do not doubt.  But unfortunately you need to make plays on Sundays.  He had a few dazzlers over the years but offensive production was terrible.  The Bills got to the playoffs due to the defense.  When you hit the playoffs Offense counts and he dropped an egg against Jacksonville.

At least our coaching staff understands this and have moved on.  

Edited by kota