Tyrod Taylor: I still feel that I’d done more than enough to stay

HOUSE

3 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

No, you just originally posted:

So you changed the story.

Scoring 1 TD when the game is still a game, and then scoring 2 TD's in the final 4 minutes down 27 points is the DEFINITION of garbage time.

But that's okay. His slight bump in passer rating to those who pore over the box score didn't save him as a Bill.  And maybe Cleveland didn't watch the game and that's why they offered a third.  Beane doing Beane things.

its obvious theres a lot you don't get.... or watch the first portion of that game for that matter. 

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

its obvious theres a lot you don't get.... or watch the first portion of that game for that matter. 

Imagine if TT didn't get those two garbage time TD's.  He may have finished with 16 total TD's on the year.  That would have tied him with 7 games of Aaron Rodgers, Deshone Kizer of 22 INT's in 15 games fame, and Alvin Kamara, a rookie RBBC.  What an illustrious group.  Thank God for those 2 TD's, honestly.  Cleveland may not have offered enough for us to trade him if he got matched in scoring by Kizer.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

No, I posted that in response to another post, and specifically the portion I bolded within it.

You skipped that nugget of context and went straight to 'It was garbage time'. So I broke down the game prior to when it was garbage time and eliminated the stats after we failed to keep the game within 10. Also, 134 is not >50% of 285.

And you're still conveniently ignoring the simple question. How can a QB incapable of making reads under pressure go 12/19 for 151, 1 TD, and 0 INTs while under constant pressure?

5 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Imagine if TT didn't get those two garbage time TD's.  He may have finished with 16 total TD's on the year.  That would have tied him with 7 games of Aaron Rodgers, Deshone Kizer of 22 INT's in 15 games fame, and Alvin Kamara, a rookie RBBC.  What an illustrious group.  Thank God for those 2 TD's, honestly.  Cleveland may not have offered enough for us to trade him if he got matched in scoring by Kizer.

you most definitely have a certain way about you. its why I never bothered with you on prior pages and will continue to gloss over you in the future.

good talk, bruh.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Scoring 1 TD when the game is still a game, and then scoring 2 TD's in the final 4 minutes down 27 points is the DEFINITION of garbage time.

But that's okay. His slight bump in passer rating to those who pore over the box score didn't save him as a Bill.

This argument :

BringBackOrton : "Taylor did nothing in the Jets game until garbage time"

BuffaloHokie13 : "Taylor played well the entire Jets game, including before garbage time"

BringBackOrton : "So part of the time he played well was in garbage time like I said"

Really? That's your point? 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Imagine if Matthews and O'leary didn't fumble in scoring position. We may have gone into halftime up 14-10 and we may have pulled back within 3 by the beginning of the 4th quarter.

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Imagine if Matthews and O'leary didn't fumble in scoring position. We may have gone into halftime up 14-10 and we may have pulled back within 3 by the beginning of the 4th quarter.

but garbage time, bro..... 

GARBAGE. TIME.

20 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

No, I posted that in response to another post, and specifically the portion I bolded within it.

You skipped that nugget of context and went straight to 'It was garbage time'. So I broke down the game prior to when it was garbage time and eliminated the stats after we failed to keep the game within 10. Also, 134 is not >50% of 285.

And you're still conveniently ignoring the simple question. How can a QB incapable of making reads under pressure go 12/19 for 151, 1 TD, and 0 INTs while under constant pressure?

Let's analyze, I'm doing my own math here so let's see.

1st drive: 

TT sacked, incomplete to Deonte Thompson, Shady no gain, punt.  TT 0/1 and a sack.

2nd drive:

TT complete to Jordan Matthews for 11 yards (good), Shady for 13 rush,  Tolbert for 1x2, TT to Deonte for 5 yards on 3rd and 8, punt.  TT 2/3 for 16 yard and a sack.  Looks like he's completing a high percentage, but behind the sticks.  First downs aren't important for his stats tho.  No way a defense would give you a 5 yard pass on 3rd and 8, that's silly.

3rd drive:

TT 3/6 for 29 yards and a TD.  Good!  TT now is 5/9 for 45 yards and a TD, one sack

4th drive:

TT 1 pass for 13 yards, takes 2 sacks, incomplete.  Now 6/11 for 57 yards, one TD, 3 sacks.  Not awesome.

5th drive:

TT goes 5/6 ( with the incomplete having a penalty so 5/5), but takes TWO MORE SACKS.  One requiring a burned TO.  Stats, 11/16, 114 yards, one TD, 5 sacks

Drive ends on a fumble, not TT's fault, that's halftime.  Here's where it gets problematic.

Half

6th drive:

3 and out, TT 0/1.  Ugly start.  Stats, 11/17, 114, one TD, 5 sacks

7th drive: 

TT goes 1/2, 9 yards, 3 and out.  Stats, 12/18, 123 yards, one TD, 5 sacks

8th drive:  

3 and out.  TT 0/1.  Stats 12/19, 123 yards, one TD, 5 sacks.

9th drive:

TT starts out 2/2, for 19 yards.  Fumbles and loses 7 yards, so SACK.  Throws to O'Leary and O'Leary fumbles.  So that's 15/22, 162 yards, one TD, 6 sacks.  

4th Q

TT put up 9 yards in his first 3 drives after the half. That's BAD.  He completed one pass in his first 3 drives.  That's BAD. He went to sleep like he always did, and the defense didn't hold on and the game ended.  That's BAD.  Taking 5 sacks in a half is BAD.

Tyrod is BAD.  

19 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

you most definitely have a certain way about you. its why I never bothered with you on prior pages and will continue to gloss over you in the future.

good talk, bruh.

If it was easy to be me, everyone would do it.

Edited by BringBackOrton

10 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Let's analyze, I'm doing my own math here so let's see.

1st drive: 

TT sacked, incomplete to Deonte Thompson, Shady no gain, punt.  TT 0/1 and a sack.

2nd drive:

TT complete to Jordan Matthews for 11 yards (good), Shady for 13 rush,  Tolbert for 1x2, TT to Deonte for 5 yards on 3rd and 8, punt.  TT 2/3 for 16 yard and a sack.  Looks like he's completing a high percentage, but behind the sticks.  First downs aren't important for his stats tho.  No way a defense would give you a 5 yard pass on 3rd and 8, that's silly.

3rd drive:

TT 3/6 for 29 yards and a TD.  Good!  TT now is 5/9 for 45 yards and a TD, one sack

4th drive:

TT 1 pass for 13 yards, takes 2 sacks, incomplete.  Now 6/11 for 57 yards, one TD, 3 sacks.  Not awesome.

5th drive:

TT goes 5/6 ( with the incomplete having a penalty so 5/5), but takes TWO MORE SACKS.  One requiring a burned TO.  Stats, 11/16, 114 yards, one TD, 5 sacks

Drive ends on a fumble, not TT's fault, that's halftime.  Here's where it gets problematic.

Half

6th drive:

3 and out, TT 0/1.  Ugly start.  Stats, 11/17, 114, one TD, 5 sacks

7th drive: 

TT goes 1/2, 9 yards, 3 and out.  Stats, 12/18, 123 yards, one TD, 5 sacks

8th drive:  

3 and out.  TT 0/1.  Stats 12/19, 123 yards, one TD, 5 sacks.

9th drive:

TT starts out 2/2, for 19 yards.  Fumbles and loses 7 yards, so SACK.  Throws to O'Leary and O'Leary fumbles.  So that's 15/22, 162 yards, one TD, 6 sacks.  

4th Q

TT put up 9 yards in his first 3 drives after the half. That's BAD.  He completed one pass in his first 3 drives.  That's BAD. He went to sleep like he always did, and the defense didn't hold on and the game ended.  That's BAD.  Taking 5 sacks in a half is BAD.

Tyrod is BAD.  

If it was easy to be me, everyone would do it.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/11/3/16602430/analysis-tyrod-taylor-was-not-the-problem-in-thursdays-buffalo-bills-loss-to-new-york-jets

Anybody who wants to compare your version with reality can just watch the above, video clip by video clip. Somehow I'm betting they trust their eyes over your agenda. For instance, the first series Taylor was dropped for a sack by a Jet who wasn't blocked at all. That happened repeatedly throughout the game, with Taylor escaping sometimes, but other times swarmed as the pocket collapsed just as Taylor sets his feet. As noted in the piece, only 16 percent of NFL drives are able to survive a sack to achieve an additional set of downs. Plus, on the first series there was an illegal shift penalty to boot, which backed the Bills to their goalline.  

38 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

... snipped ...

Tyrod is BAD.  

So, by your count he was sacked 6 times before garbage time (under constant pressure), and still managed 15/22 for 162, 1 TD, 0 INTs. It sounds like you think all 6 sacks are the QB's fault even though it was clear the OL couldn't block in the run or pass game. Taking 5 sacks in a half isn't good, but having your team on the opponent's 31 with 1 minute left in the half down 3 isn't the worst position to be in.

The first 3 drives of the 2nd half he was 1/4 for 9 yards. That's correct. Then, in the 4th drive he was 3/3 for 39 yards and had us on the Jets 30 again. If you want to use 4 attempts as a sample size to prove a QB is bad I will prove that every QB to ever play football is bad.

Thanks for proving my point. Even through constant pressure and several sacks in the first 3 quarters Tyrod still didn't make the crucial mistake and kept the team within striking distance (because he is capable of performing well when pressured).

Edited by BuffaloHokie13
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Did any of you actually watch the game? There was no semblance of a run game (because the OL got dominated), but Rico refused to let it go.

With 3 minutes left in the first half Tyrod had thrown only 10 passes (7/10 for 69 yards and 1 TD). That's inexcusable when your RBs have combined for 38 yards in that same time span. In the final 3 minutes of the half he was 4/5 for 46, and Matthews fumbled on the Jets 31 yard line with a minute left. So first half he was 11/15 for 115 and 1 TD and the score was 7-10. (7.67 YPA, 117.4 Passer Rating)

2nd half started with 2 runs for 1 net yard and then an incompletion. Next drive starts with a 9 yard completion before McCoy loses 5 yards on a run. After that we're pinned deep and we run for 0, false start to put us inside our own 5, incomplete, and then a scramble just to get us out of our end zone. Next drive (now 7-24) Tyrod starts 3/3 for 39 yards before O'Leary fumbles around the Jets 30 yard line. I'll call it there. That's the drive they needed to keep the game within 10 points with a quarter to go.

At that point, he was 12/19 for 151 and a TD. That's good for 7.95 YPA and a 105.4 Passer Rating. If you're surprised that his pass attempts went up when we got further behind in the score then I'm not sure what to say. But with the increased workload in the 4th his YPA dropped some as expected with increased attempts and his passer rating went up slightly. He also finished as the teams leading rusher on just 6 carries.

Also, since none of you seemed to pick up on it, the whole point of my post was directed at the false notion that "Tyrod is not able to make a quick read under pressure". If he was truly not capable of such things, he wouldn't have been 12/19 for 151 and a TD. If he wasn't capable of making a read under pressure he may have been 6/14 for 66 yards, 0 TDs and 5 INTs.

A run back to LOS is better than a 7 yard loss on a sack, Tyrods lack of a quick release is one the many reasons he is not in Buffalo

The bottom line with Tyrod is he is not good value for $18 million a year. Much better having AJ McCarron form $5 million a rookie QB and Peterman whos salary i believe is around $500k a year.  Its a huge business after all is said and done. 

Edited by wppete

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

So, by your count he was sacked 6 times before garbage time (under constant pressure), and still managed 15/22 for 162, 1 TD, 0 INTs. It sounds like you think all 6 sacks are the QB's fault even though it was clear the OL couldn't block in the run or pass game. Taking 5 sacks in a half isn't good, but having your team on the opponent's 31 with 1 minute left in the half down 3 isn't the worst position to be in.

The first 3 drives of the 2nd half he was 1/4 for 9 yards. That's correct. Then, in the 4th drive he was 3/3 for 39 yards and had us on the Jets 30 again. If you want to use 4 attempts as a sample size to prove a QB is bad I will prove that every QB to ever play football is bad.

Thanks for proving my point. Even through constant pressure and several sacks in the first 3 quarters Tyrod still didn't make the crucial mistake and kept the team within striking distance (because he is capable of performing well when pressured).

15/22 for 162 yards with 5 sacks is not good........

I'm not saying the team played great and he held them back.  Just that when the QB needed to elevate, he didn't.  He was same old mediocre Tyrod.  His third quarters are the anti-Warriors.

The Jets game was another mediocre showing from Tyrod in a long line of them.  Sometimes our defense and other guys play well and we win.  Sometimes they don't and we lose.  Rarely does Tyrod play what I would consider "good," especially in 2017.

1 hour ago, grb said:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/11/3/16602430/analysis-tyrod-taylor-was-not-the-problem-in-thursdays-buffalo-bills-loss-to-new-york-jets

Anybody who wants to compare your version with reality can just watch the above, video clip by video clip. Somehow I'm betting they trust their eyes over your agenda. For instance, the first series Taylor was dropped for a sack by a Jet who wasn't blocked at all. That happened repeatedly throughout the game, with Taylor escaping sometimes, but other times swarmed as the pocket collapsed just as Taylor sets his feet. As noted in the piece, only 16 percent of NFL drives are able to survive a sack to achieve an additional set of downs. Plus, on the first series there was an illegal shift penalty to boot, which backed the Bills to their goalline.  

Tyrod is one of the most sacked QB's in the NFL through 3 seasons.

In 2017, the line was not great, but we had 3 ProBowlers in his first two years.  So.......

Edited by BringBackOrton

3 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

15/22 for 162 yards with 5 sacks is not good........

I'm not saying the team played great and he held them back.  Just that when the QB needed to elevate, he didn't.  He was same old mediocre Tyrod.  His third quarters are the anti-Warriors.

The Jets game was another mediocre showing from Tyrod in a long line of them.  Sometimes our defense and other guys play well and we win.  Sometimes they don't and we lose.  Rarely does Tyrod play what I would consider "good," especially in 2017.

So he was capable, just not good enough to elevate the rest of the offense. We saw what a QB who isn't capable of making reads under pressure looks like last year, but it wasn't Tyrod.

• Like (+1) 1