Roseanne Show cancelled by ABC after racist tweet

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like the people who sit down to watch Roseanne don’t care about her tweet. Those who don’t watch don’t care either. Why cancel it. 

Because they may lose viewers of other shows? 

Idk.

I don't watch anything on ABC. The only broadcast television shows I was watching were Last Man On Earth and Brooklyn 99 and FOX cancelled both of them this season. Those bastards.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like the people who sit down to watch Roseanne don’t care about her tweet. Those who don’t watch don’t care either. Why cancel it. 

Because she said something gross about Barack Obama and one of his top people from his administration.

In Hollywood, especially at Disney, Barack Obama is God. If you make fun of him or question his motives, kiss your career goodbye.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

ABC has millions and millions of reasons to cancel it. $$$$$$$

Good riddance to that racist scumbag pos, this country is ignorant enough without her garbage.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Because she said something gross about Barack Obama and one of his top people from his administration.

In Hollywood, especially at Disney, Barack Obama is God. If you make fun of him or question his motives, kiss your career goodbye.

I'm far from a fan of Barack Obama from a political standpoint. That being said, this wasn't making "fun" of him, or questioning his motives. This was straight up racist.

• Like (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

ABC has millions and millions of reasons to cancel it. $$$$$$$

Good riddance to that racist scumbag pos, this country is ignorant enough without her garbage.

Yet ABC was making $$$$$$$ from this show. It had high ratings. They had already renewed it for another season.

If ABC had millions and millions of reasons to cancel it, why didn't they do so beforehand?

26 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I don't watch anything on ABC. The only broadcast television shows I was watching were Last Man On Earth and Brooklyn 99 and FOX cancelled both of them this season. Those bastards.

At least NBC was smart and picked up Brooklyn 99

25 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Yet ABC was making $$$$$$$ from this show. It had high ratings. They had already renewed it for another season.

If ABC had millions and millions of reasons to cancel it, why didn't they do so beforehand?

It's not just that they might lose viewers it could cost them advertisers.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Was anyone else positive that this is how the latest iteration of Roseanne would end? I got “a series of racist tweets” for +240 in Vegas. It was the heavy favorite but also the safest bet :).

****, I went with the more general -- "drunk tweeting" ...bet was -200 but I still won a little...