Terence McGee

Good Corner and excellent returner.  In my 30 years of watching Bills football, I don't think there was a more talented kick returner with the Bills.  He had very good vision and was so fluid in his cuts...didn't look like he put a hard move on a guy but he did.  It just was so smooth it looked effortless.

17 hours ago, Figster said:

Thanks OP, 

While we're on the subject of good CB's I would like to give an honorable mention to Jabari Greer.

Yes. Greer and McGee were both good. I believe they were our starting CB tandem for a year or two. Greer had another couple good seasons with the Saints when he left Buffalo and won a Super Bowl with them. Bills have never lacked talent at the CB position over the last twenty seasons.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Best corner this team has had in years...

He was a good corner for us but not close to the best I don't think. I seem to remember thinking Greer was the better of the two when they were both our starters. When you combine McGee's explosive return ability though he was possibly our best player at the time which I believe was the JP Losman/Trent Edwards era.

3 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Yes. Greer and McGee were both good. I believe they were our starting CB tandem for a year or two. Greer had another couple good seasons with the Saints when he left Buffalo and won a Super Bowl with them. Bills have never lacked talent at the CB position over the last twenty seasons.

deleted.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I'm sorry, Sammy, I don't think he did.

i believe the Saints SB win was in '08 or '09 and Jabarai didn't get there until '11.

Still, though, as I stated above I really liked the kid.

I'm almost 100% certain Greer was on that '09 Super Bowl team for the Saints.

Yeah it was 2009, his first season with the Saints. He was a Bill from 2004 to 2008.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GreeJa22.htm

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I'm sorry, Sammy, I don't think he did.

i believe the Saints SB win was in '08 or '09 and Jabarai didn't get there until '11.

Still, though, as I stated above I really liked the kid.

Greer joined the Saints in 2009 the same year they won the Super Bowl. 

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'm almost 100% certain Greer was on that '09 Super Bowl team for the Saints.

Deleted my post because I thought I might have been wrong, but they indicate he signed in 2011.

I will keep checking.

EDIT:  You are 100% correct.  My bad.  It was his second deal with them, it appears.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

I'd love to come across a cheap McGee jersey on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Terrence-McGee-24-Buffalo-Bills-Youth-Sizes-S-M-L-XL-Premier-Sewn-Jersey/191853865346?hash=item2cab61a982:m:m-11N_eXfWuRLJESsyZGKQA:sc:USPSFirstClass!93309!US!-1

Dang. Brand new Terrence McGee jersey for less than $12. Free shipping. Too bad those Bledsoe/JP/Trent era jersey's totally suck though.

18 hours ago, 1st&ten said:

If I remember right he was coming on as a corner back & then the injury bug hit him.

He played for the Bills for 10 years and was a darn good corner, plus has 5 return TD's. 2 time all-pro and a pro bowler in 2004. His last couple of years he definitely was hampered by injuries.

12 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Interestingly, when he was drafted, he was not seen as a sure thing at CB.  He couldn't backpedal like a normal CB, and had to learn after he was drafted.  Fortunately, he picked it up quickly and had a nice, if too short career in Buffalo.

Short career in Buffalo? He played here for 10 years.

2 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

He was a good corner for us but not close to the best I don't think. I seem to remember thinking Greer was the better of the two when they were both our starters. When you combine McGee's explosive return ability though he was possibly our best player at the time which I believe was the JP Losman/Trent Edwards era.

Both were starters 2007, 2008.  Stats easily favored McGee those two years as the better CB.  Ints, PDs, tackles.

20 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

If you remember Terence McGee, or if you don't, take a minute and watch the greatest kickoff return that didn't go for a touchdown in the history of the league.   The guy could play corner, too.  

I remember this play. It was astonishing, but in classic Bills fashion, it was the end of the half and the clock ran out. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, SteveFreeman22 said:

Antoine Winfield says hello.

When I saw the post about McGee's tackling, I immediately thought of Winfield.  It didn't matter that he was undersized.  When he wrapped you up, you went down. 

On 5/25/2018 at 10:39 AM, MJS said:

He played for the Bills for 10 years and was a darn good corner, plus has 5 return TD's. 2 time all-pro and a pro bowler in 2004. His last couple of years he definitely was hampered by injuries.

Short career in Buffalo? He played here for 10 years.

Part of the since-1999 nightmare maelstrom

time gets fuzzy thinking about it

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Golden Goat said:

That's a great way of putting it.

It’s like the Blue Jays, went two decades between playoffs, not interested in trivia questions from those years....

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/24/2018 at 1:02 PM, Shaw66 said:

If you remember Terence McGee, or if you don't, take a minute and watch the greatest kickoff return that didn't go for a touchdown in the history of the league.   The guy could play corner, too.  

3 hours ago, billspro said:

While we are remembering McGee, how about this performance. One of the best days for a corner in franchise history. Go to the 9 minute mark. 

McGee was probably the best kick returner I can remember since becoming a Bills fan. He was absolutely dominant at it for a few years. I think he was almost as good as Hester, he won't get the recognition though because those Bills teams were brutal. My favorite memory of him was the Bengals game. I actually had him as my defensive player in fantasy football that day, I think he was one of my leading point-getters on the day. 

9 hours ago, billspro said:

While we are remembering McGee, how about this performance. One of the best days for a corner in franchise history. Go to the 9 minute mark. 

Man he could move when he had a football in his hands.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/24/2018 at 4:08 PM, KD in CA said:

I think the term was invented for that play.   

The term was invented by trolls and adopted by those in closet.

On 5/25/2018 at 10:19 AM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'd love to come across a cheap McGee jersey on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Terrence-McGee-24-Buffalo-Bills-Youth-Sizes-S-M-L-XL-Premier-Sewn-Jersey/191853865346?hash=item2cab61a982:m:m-11N_eXfWuRLJESsyZGKQA:sc:USPSFirstClass!93309!US!-1

Dang. Brand new Terrence McGee jersey for less than $12. Free shipping. Too bad those Bledsoe/JP/Trent era jersey's totally suck though.

And size is so small.

On 5/27/2018 at 12:06 AM, MJS said:

Man he could move when he had a football in his hands.

There were times when I felt our DBs were better at getting yards than our WRs and thought the DBs should be used more on sweeps, etc.