Video Games

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

I’m hopelessly addicted to Skyrim.

I admit it

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Elder Scrolls games have been my go to for over a decade

Best games ever created 

I still have my PS3 hooked up and have "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" sitting here, having never played the game... (for PS3).

I guess this is highly recommended?

Edited by Fadingpain

3 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I still have my PS3 hooked up and have "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" sitting here, having never played the game... (for PS3).

O my goodness.

yes yes yes

Greatest RPG series ever created. The depth of the world and freedom and consequences of actions make it one of the best games ever 

the depth of the game is unreal. I still play it 7 years later and can learn new things 

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

O my goodness.

yes yes yes

Greatest RPG series ever created. The depth of the world and freedom and consequences of actions make it one of the best games ever 

the depth of the game is unreal. I still play it 7 years later and can learn new things 

You sound like my dad :D

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

O my goodness.

yes yes yes

Cool! Thanks for the input.

I think I will sink into this over Holiday Weekend.

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

Cool! Thanks for the input.

I think I will sink into this over Holiday Weekend.

It’s an amazing experience for a video game. Every non playable character has schedules . Shops open around 9-10 am and close around 9-10 pm

you break the law (stealing, assault, murder etc) and get caught you go to jail

you can make a thief like stealth character, or a heavy armor brawler or a mage or whatever or however you wanna play 

there is a storyline but it’s totally open world and you can do anything at anytime and all your choices have consequences 

It’s awesome. The expansions to Skyrim are top notch as well

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Give the game a chance to suck you into the storyline and you’ll be hooked, bro.

Take this crap to the Consumer Reviews board!!!!

Fallout 3 (all time best)

Call of Duty WW2 is excellent. 

Black Ops was great

New game out there called Stadium Builder...you get $2 billion American funds and can build a stadium on the American side or Canadian side ($2.7 billion Canadian funds) and you can build a stadium in Hamilton Ontario. 

10 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Combat

Astroids

Pitfall

Defender

Space Invaders

Warlords

Adventure

Superman

Always loved Pitfall and Defender back in the day.

The best of the old arcade style games is "Galaga" however. 

LOVED that game.

You can play it online for free nowadays! 

Would have saved me a lot of quarters back in the day.

15 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

It’s an amazing experience for a video game. Every non playable character has schedules . Shops open around 9-10 am and close around 9-10 pm

you break the law (stealing, assault, murder etc) and get caught you go to jail

you can make a thief like stealth character, or a heavy armor brawler or a mage or whatever or however you wanna play 

there is a storyline but it’s totally open world and you can do anything at anytime and all your choices have consequences 

It’s awesome. The expansions to Skyrim are top notch as well

Sounds very much like the Fallout games in concept, even if it's a different setting.

I'm a giant Fallout fan so I will probably really like Skyrim as well.

21 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Always loved Pitfall and Defender back in the day.

The best of the old arcade style games is "Galaga" however. 

LOVED that game.

You can play it online for free nowadays! 

Would have saved me a lot of quarters back in the day.

Sounds very much like the Fallout games in concept, even if it's a different setting.

I'm a giant Fallout fan so I will probably really like Skyrim as well.

Its the same company.  Very similar mechanics, interface, etc.  Skyrim/Oblivion are basically a midieval/fantasy version of Fallout, Fallout is basically a post apocolyptic version of Skyrim/Oblivion

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I forgot about that one.  In additional to my Atari 2600 choices above, I did have a Super NES w/

-Mario World

-Legend of Zelda

-EA NHL '94

-Madden '94

Those were all great.

29 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I forgot about that one.  In additional to my Atari 2600 choices above, I did have a Super NES w/

-Mario World

-Legend of Zelda

-EA NHL '94

-Madden '94

Those were all great.

I played that about a year ago on a cheap Sega I found. Default teams are Buffalo and Dallas (since they were the last two teams in the Super Bowl). I was never able to win, despite having what should be the 2nd best team in the game. 

One day I start the system up, and accidentally pick the Cowboys. No big deal. The game is so old, I'm sure there's almost no difference. Then I realize what I'm doing wrong. Jim Kelly comes out, and plays No huddle football the whole game. I didn't think the AI would have been that advanced at that point to play a team's specific style like that.