Video Games

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:42 PM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Any suggestions on racing games? Something relatively simple, where the focus is more on racing than car building? It's weird, I'm the farthest thing from a car guy, but I love playing car racing games. I used to have a Hotwheels Turbo Racing game for PS1 which was actually a lot of fun. Just pick your car, and race. 

Do they still make Gran Turismo? That was my go-to racing game when I had a PS2.

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:50 PM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Only because chicks are too intimidated to approach me when they see my sick guitar hero skills.

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/lpdl2n/acoustic-guitar-hero

I don't really play video games these days but I was given a Super Nintendo mini for a Christmas gift this year and just recently had my tech savy buddy jailbreak it with tons of old school video games I grew up playing...I can't wait until I get a weekend with nothing going on to waste away hours playing those games just like I did as a kid.  It will also be a nice way of filling the void of the NHL and NBA playoffs when they come to an end.  

On 5/26/2018 at 6:37 AM, Gugny said:

I will kick anyone's ass at Wii bowling on any day at any time.

BRING IT!  And bring your wallet too.  Ha

Must play games:  (Non sports since that’s already been covered)

Last of us remastered.  Incredible.

GTA V.  Best in game character of all time of any video game system is Trevor.

Dragon Age: Inqusitor is easily best RPG since Skyrim came out.  

Both South Park games are a lot of fun.  Hilarious RPGs.  Simple mechanics, but really fun and funny.

Uncharted series.  If you ever loved those old school Tomb Raider games, then you will love these.

HONORABLE MENTION:  Diablo 3, although I played it on my Mac and not a console, but heard console version holds up well to computer version.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

I think you can’t go wrong with any of the games mentioned already. They really are the best in the business. I’m a console guy, but I want to give a shout out to the command and conquer series on the pc. .

• Like (+1) 1

Careful with the Madden stuff. Often, it's the exact same game as the previous one, mechanically, but with a new menu and roster. I usually wait for it to go on sale. 

Also stay the hell away from Fortnite.

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Careful with the Madden stuff. Often, it's the exact same game as the previous one, mechanically, but with a new menu and roster. I usually wait for it to go on sale. 

Yeah. Even back when I played on PS2, I always bought my sports games a year or two behind. I got Madden 17 for like 5 bucks. Got NHL 16 for like 3. The only reason I bought the The Show '17, which was like 20 something, instead of 16 for like, is because my friend has 17, so we can play each other online.

4 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

As someone who has gotten every madden for 20+ years that is not the case anymore.

it got really stagnant around 2005 to around 2014-2015

but the last 2 versions have been really well made. Madden 17 was great and 18 is even a better step up... if you can get past the Brady cover

game mechanics have been very good and improved last 2 years

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

As someone who has gotten every madden for 20+ years that is not the case anymore.

it got really stagnant around 2005 to around 2014-2015

but the last 2 versions have been really well made. Madden 17 was great and 18 is even a better step up... if you can get past the Brady cover

game mechanics have been very good and improved last 2 years

Good to know. The last one I bought was Madden 16, and the catch mechanics were really strange. 

5 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Good to know. The last one I bought was Madden 16, and the catch mechanics were really strange. 

If you can learn the catch mechanics the gameplay is 100x better than it used to be . Generic Y catch made almost every pass and catch look the same.

now that you can RAC catch with x, jump ball with Y or possession with A it’s made the catching animations 100x better and more realistic. If you try RAC catching it across ththe middle with a LBr barreling in your gonna get blown up and drop it. Need to Possession A catch it.

Same with defense, now you can go strictly for the breakup with X, go for pick with Y or knock it loose with a tackle with A

all these elements took a bit to adapt too but the gameplay is 100x better now and not as repetitive 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

If you can learn the catch mechanics the gameplay is 100x better than it used to be . Generic Y catch made almost every pass and catch look the same.

now that you can RAC catch with x, jump ball with Y or possession with A it’s made the catching animations 100x better and more realistic. If you try RAC catching it across ththe middle with a LBr barreling in your gonna get blown up and drop it. Need to Possession A catch it.

Same with defense, now you can go strictly for the breakup with X, go for pick with Y or knock it loose with a tackle with A

all these elements took a bit to adapt too but the gameplay is 100x better now and not as repetitive 

Question about that. So I pass to a guy. It tells me to press square for RAC, and when I do that, he just dives forward. What am I doing wrong? 

Just now, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Question about that. So I pass to a guy. It tells me to press square for RAC, and when I do that, he just dives forward. What am I doing wrong? 

When you pass the ball to the receiver and the icon pops up to RAC, Possession or Jump Ball catch . Hold in the button through the catch

so if you want RAC catch. When the ball is going towards your receiver hold down square through the length of the catch . Don’t just tap it

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

When you pass the ball to the receiver and the icon pops up to RAC, Possession or Jump Ball catch . Hold in the button through the catch

so if you want RAC catch. When the ball is going towards your receiver hold down square through the length of the catch . Don’t just tap it

Awesome. I've been avoiding it completely. I guess I should go through some of the tutorial drills.

1 minute ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Awesome. I've been avoiding it completely. I guess I should go through some of the tutorial drills.

Yea it can definitely help if you are newer to the controls 

Possession Catch which I believe is X on PlayStation is the safest catch with least drop potential. But no RAC ability.

Y or Triangle is for the Deep jump balls, and Square is perfect for RB screens, flats, corners , anything with room to run 

On 5/28/2018 at 9:54 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

BRING IT!  And bring your wallet too.  Ha

Must play games:  (Non sports since that’s already been covered)

Last of us remastered.  Incredible.

GTA V.  Best in game character of all time of any video game system is Trevor.

Dragon Age: Inqusitor is easily best RPG since Skyrim came out.  

Both South Park games are a lot of fun.  Hilarious RPGs.  Simple mechanics, but really fun and funny.

Uncharted series.  If you ever loved those old school Tomb Raider games, then you will love these.

HONORABLE MENTION:  Diablo 3, although I played it on my Mac and not a console, but heard console version holds up well to computer version.

Diablo 3 is excellent on PS4 that’s the last game I spent any real time on. It can become a grind but for those that enjoy gear chasing and number crunching you can have some fun creating a high end toon. 

Anyone here play games on PC? I just switched from console to PC about 4 months ago and I’m really digging the use of a mouse and keyboard instead of a controller for shooters. Been playing a lot of PUBG lately, but awaiting the new Battlefield in October.

Hit me up on Steam or Origin, Raj1nCaj1n is the name.

Does anyone know of a good flight combat game (from any era) made for a game console?

I mean a game where you are looking out of the cockpit of a fighter plane and can fly upside down, do loops, move any way you want and have to shoot down other airplanes.

There are a ton of good games like this for PC, but I've never really run into a good one for consoles.