Video Games

On 5/31/2018 at 12:34 PM, Fadingpain said:

Does anyone know of a good flight combat game (from any era) made for a game console?

I mean a game where you are looking out of the cockpit of a fighter plane and can fly upside down, do loops, move any way you want and have to shoot down other airplanes.

There are a ton of good games like this for PC, but I've never really run into a good one for consoles.

I've been looking for something like that for a long time - a good combat flight simulator, especially from either the WWI or WWII eras. 

I play on an Xbox One, and have been playing The Elder Scrolls Online exclusively for the last 3 or 4 years. I added the Morrowind expansion from a year or so ago, and on Tuesday the new Summerset expansion drops.

It's too hot around here in the summer to do much of anything else, anyway.

1 hour ago, Azalin said:

I've been looking for something like that for a long time - a good combat flight simulator, especially from either the WWI or WWII eras. 

I play on an Xbox One, and have been playing The Elder Scrolls Online exclusively for the last 3 or 4 years. I added the Morrowind expansion from a year or so ago, and on Tuesday the new Summerset expansion drops.

Did you ever play TES III Morrowind, TES IV Oblivion, or TES V Skyrim?

found them much more enjoyable than TES online

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Did you ever play TES III Morrowind, TES IV Oblivion, or TES V Skyrim?

found them much more enjoyable than TES online

No, I haven't. Online was a first for me - my introduction to MMORPGs. Until then I played mostly Halo (but got sick of constantly being torn to shreds by kids), and al of my RPG gaming was restricted solely to table top RPGs - hard core nerd stuff.

I've heard nothing but good about them though, and will likely give them a try at some point. If and when I do, I'll let you know.

:beer:

7 hours ago, Azalin said:

No, I haven't. Online was a first for me - my introduction to MMORPGs. Until then I played mostly Halo (but got sick of constantly being torn to shreds by kids), and al of my RPG gaming was restricted solely to table top RPGs - hard core nerd stuff.

I've heard nothing but good about them though, and will likely give them a try at some point. If and when I do, I'll let you know.

:beer:

You can pick up Oblivion and Skyrim pretty cheap. You won’t be disappointed ?

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/27/2018 at 7:40 PM, BringBackOrton said:

They came out with an Enhanced Edition package that's touched up and I fired it up recently. Takes me way too far back.

Had BG/BG2 EE on steam for 10 bucks total. I couldn't pass it up.

Holy crap the beginning of BG is tough lol

I'm so used to 3.0/3.5 rules that the 2.0 rules are alien. Took me a few hours to get a character to level 2. SWEET VICTORY.

Edited by joesixpack

On 6/1/2018 at 1:54 PM, Azalin said:

Another XBox 1 user!! Join the Call of Duty group where we post our user names so we can join in on games together....I've only played with Nervous Guy once or twice and keep trying to figure out how to create a group. Call of Duty WW2 is a great game though IMO (no planes)

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Had BG/BG2 EE on steam for 10 bucks total. I couldn't pass it up.

Holy crap the beginning of BG is tough lol

I'm so used to 3.0/3.5 rules that the 2.0 rules are alien. Took me a few hours to get a character to level 2. SWEET VICTORY.

2.0 rules are so tough.  I just remember "lower is better" and wing it.

Doing an ironman playthrough right now.  Only reloading on MC death.  If you drop, you drop.  Makes it kinda hilarious, leaving statues of petrified people everywhere.

Edited by BringBackOrton

50 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Doing an ironman playthrough right now.  Only reloading on MC death.  If you drop, you drop.  Makes it kinda hilarious, leaving statues of petrified people everywhere.

I found a toon that I think will work for the whole campaign. Fingers crossed 

On 5/30/2018 at 4:02 PM, CajunBillsBacker said:

Anyone here play games on PC? I just switched from console to PC about 4 months ago and I’m really digging the use of a mouse and keyboard instead of a controller for shooters. Been playing a lot of PUBG lately, but awaiting the new Battlefield in October.

Hit me up on Steam or Origin, Raj1nCaj1n is the name.

I never could play any shooter on a console. I compare it to driving an RC car to really driving a car. Going through a 3rd party controller is just too awkward. Had lots of fun playing Unreal Tournament, Team Fortress, Left For Dead and various iterations of Battlefield and Rainbow 6.

Never could warm up to Call Of Duty. Thought it was to progression upgrade based. 

Edited by Dante

On 6/6/2018 at 5:49 PM, BringBackOrton said:

So, I hit level cap before I even got to Baldur's Gate. :lol:

NOW WHAT? <_<

I should specify that i only keep henchmen in the party till they die. Then I loot them and continue on solo. :P

Edited by joesixpack

I got hooked on Warhammer Online (ORVR/PVP) in 2009. They shut it down in 2013, but a private server opened in 2014, and the devs have made it better than the original. I have a wife and daughter now, so I don't get to play much anymore -- but it's still a great stress reliever, and I sneak on for some PVP action whenever I get a chance.

https://www.returnofreckoning.com 

What about "war gaming"?  Anyone do that?

I'm not even sure what that means.  I guess it is like a Dungeons and Dragons type role playing game involving books and dice instead of a computer?  Is there one game that is considered the best?  

4 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

What about "war gaming"?  Anyone do that?

I'm not even sure what that means.  I guess it is like a Dungeons and Dragons type role playing game involving books and dice instead of a computer?  Is there one game that is considered the best?  

War gaming is almost as old as war itself, though it’s probably better described as strategy gaming.

On June 10, 2018 at 8:07 PM, joesixpack said:

War gaming is almost as old as war itself, though it’s probably better described as strategy gaming.

Do you play or know of a good one?  I'm curious to learn more about it.

On 6/11/2018 at 8:53 PM, Fadingpain said:

Do you play or know of a good one?  I'm curious to learn more about it.

Civilization IV is the greatest strategy game of all time.

As far as a CPU war game, try Hearts of Iron IV

The new Elder Scrolls has been announced.  A mobile game....  barf

I was in need of a “new” game, so having been inspired by this thread I dusted off the old Xbox360 and started a new character in OBLIVION.

While I expected the graphics to seem dated, I was taken aback by just how dated it does look. I remember it being the nicest looking game I had ever seen when it was first released.

Apart from that it is still one of the greatest games I’ve ever played. Perfect middle ground between the great (but often frustrating) Morrowind and the beautiful (but too simplistic) Skyrim.

I’ll be hooked for a while. 

What's the monthly charge for online play on the PS4?  I know it's nothing that will break the bank, but it just doesn't seem worth it for the limited amount of use I would have.

42 minutes ago, shrader said:

What's the monthly charge for online play on the PS4?  I know it's nothing that will break the bank, but it just doesn't seem worth it for the limited amount of use I would have.

Its $10 a month. They also have a 3 month subscription for like 20, and a one year for for $60,

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:18 PM, May Day 10 said:

I have a loaded raspberry pi/retropie.  Love it, but retro games are brutal.  Here's 3 tries, no continues.  Die?  Grind it out an hour to try this spot again

Select + Right Trigger is the hot key for saving your game midplay.  Then Select + Left Trigger to load at that spot.  Ya welcome.

On 6/13/2018 at 8:46 AM, May Day 10 said:

Civilization IV is the greatest strategy game of all time.

As far as a CPU war game, try Hearts of Iron IV

The new Elder Scrolls has been announced.  A mobile game....  barf

If you think civilization is the best strategy game you’ve clearly never played Total War ?

Rome 1 , Medieval 2 , Rome Etc insanely brilliant strategy games

On 6/14/2018 at 9:27 AM, shrader said:

On 6/14/2018 at 10:10 AM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Its $10 a month. They also have a 3 month subscription for like 20, and a one year for for $60,

I grabbed a 1 year PS+ subscription on Amazon earlier this year on sale for $39. 

I don't know if that a regular thing they do or what. May be worth keeping an eye out for if/when your renewal is coming up.