Pegula kids firing back at Buffalo News

1 hour ago, Skins Malone said:

Most do.  No stress..chill all day..food...treats...play...and if your like me they sleep on your bed to.  Its a good life and they deserve it.

What does a dog do on his day off?  Can't just lie around, that's his job. - George Carlin

10 hours ago, Lurker said:

So are you unable to post images or just simple?

Thought I was pretty fair, but whatever.

Also, when you call me a dbag how does your theory work for you? 

9 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Oh come on! Prejudiced much? Why exactly are wealthy people bound to be D Bags? Please let me know the amount of wealth that you find acceptable in order to retain your soul. I’m dying to find out.

I mean, you grow up completely different than everyone else. It's probably more of a how people relate to each other thing rather than them being actual dbags. It's all socialization.

Anyways, isn't the point you're making counter to the reason why this board and possibly even most of you don't like Rosen?

So I'm a prejudiced dbag for saying I heard Pegulas kids were dbags and that I'm not surprised or wouldn't hold that against them because their parents are billionaires and grew up in a way that makes it hard for people to relate to them and for them to relate to most people.

However, Rosen is a spoiled brat who will never succeed for growing up with chump change compared to the Pegulas.

Whatever. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

20 hours ago, dpberr said:

"Journalism is the activity of gathering, assessing, creating, and presenting news and information."

https://www.americanpressinstitute.org/journalism-essentials/what-is-journalism/

I'd argue that the Buffalo News no longer employs journalists, just the same run of the mill talking heads generating opinion that have replaced all the television news.

Fun question:  When is the last time you read an article from either of these two gentleman that was - from start to finish - news without opinion folded into it?  

Again, it gets to my point about pay walls.  You're not paying for news.  You're paying for opinion. Two different products.

How much "journalism" is really possible in the sports section? Especially in the off season? Its 90% op ed and always has been.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, MarkAF43 said:

Not saying you're wrong, but what shows the News is highly respected nationally for it's sports coverage? Two awards for writes doesn't make them highly respected nationally.

That and the Triple Crown they also won.

And a long history of respect.

20 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

IF the Buffalo News was so respected nationally, why is every Bills story broken by a national reporter?

They aren't. Some are broken by national reporters and some aren't. Anyway, that's like saying "If oranges are so respected how come apples are delicious?" These two things are sometimes sometimes related and sometimes not. There are plenty of ways to get respect.

Just in the last couple of days, Graham broke the Brandon story. 

Nothing wrong with disliking any writer (or movie star or player for that matter). But generally the dislike flows when someone says something bad about the home team, who have been a mediocre to bad team for a very long time.

Edited by Thurman#1

5 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

They aren't. Some are broken by national reporters and some aren't. Anyway, that's like saying "If oranges are so respected how come apples are delicious?" These two things are sometimes sometimes related and sometimes not. There are plenty of ways to get respect.

Just in the last couple of days, Graham broke the Brandon story. 

Most franchise related stuff is broken by local media.  Sale of team, Brandon story as you point out.  They do a good job IMO.

A lot of player movement stuff is national because of the agent/insider relationship.  

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Larry Felser could dice and skewer players and organizations without descending into the snark that the current [BN]competent sports columnists seem to rely upon.

Good point. When Felser went negative, it was with reason. People paid attention because it was unusual. With today's BN sports staff, negative is it's normal state.

If you confront one of them now, they'll tell you the teams suck so they deserve it. But it's the freaking offseason. What exactly are the Bills and Sabres doing now that deserves negativity? 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

What if the Pegulas' cat snuck onto the computer after their dog left the browser window open and posted that to bring heat on the dog, most likely to take attention away from some claw marks on the furniture or some chewed up houseplants?

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1