Easily Offended Snowflakes, vol. 138

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/05/03/family-horrified-by-polite-notice-restaurant-staff-hands-out.html?intcmp=ob_article_footer_mobile&intcmp=obinsite

"“I felt so embarrassed so I decided that it was going to be a bad birthday celebration and suggested to my wife that we would be better off leaving such a rude place,” Amin told SWNS."

:lol: I guess they must of planned on doing some running around while celebrating the birthday.

13 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Im sure they would also blame the restaurant if their kids were running around and caused a server to spill a hot pot of coffee on the their kids head.

Yeah... People are just out of control.  Well, it seems more and more.

I wonder what it is? ;)  Seems so many simply don't follow rules. Heck, probably don't know rules exist.  Insane what goes on out there.  I never cease to be amazed... Yet, that's easy to do. :lol:

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... People are just out of control.  Well, it seems more and more.

I wonder what it is? ;)  Seems so many simply don't follow rules. Heck, probably don't know rules exist.  Insane what goes on out there.  I never cease to be amazed... Yet, that's easy to do. :lol:

The restaurant owner should be thankful that all they’re dealing with is poorly parented children, and not a flock of patrons with “emotional support” wolverines.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I was working at a place in Hilton Head and this waiter came out of the kitchen with a tray loaded with food and a rug rat came from nowhere. The kid ran between the waiter’s legs and he had to do a 360 to keep from running the kid over. Waiter didn’t spill anything.  It was a thing of beauty! 

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/05/03/family-horrified-by-polite-notice-restaurant-staff-hands-out.html?intcmp=ob_article_footer_mobile&intcmp=obinsite

"“I felt so embarrassed so I decided that it was going to be a bad birthday celebration and suggested to my wife that we would be better off leaving such a rude place,” Amin told SWNS."

:lol: I guess they must of planned on doing some running around while celebrating the birthday.

The majority of people read that and are fine with it.  One person is offended, and it's a news story.

There is always someone who is going to be offended.  It's not news.

• Like (+1) 3

Another way for a restaurant to brand itself. There will be a certain amount of exclusivity associated with a restaurant like this. 

I would seek out this restaurant (also considering fare & price) if I wanted to have a quiet meal with my wife.

One could select an expensive restaurant and anticipate that price will keep kids away but that is not always true. But, that’s a guarantee with this restaurant.

1 hour ago, Mr Info said:

Another way for a restaurant to brand itself. There will be a certain amount of exclusivity associated with a restaurant like this. 

I would seek out this restaurant (also considering fare & price) if I wanted to have a quiet meal with my wife.

One could select an expensive restaurant and anticipate that price will keep kids away but that is not always true. But, that’s a guarantee with this restaurant.

I'd have no problem whatsoever bringing the whole family.

I guess the guy felt targeted since they handed out cards to families with young kids instead of just posting the policy publicly. Strange choice IMO.  I think if that happened to me it would be a WTF moment quickly followed by, yeah not a problem.

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

I guess the guy felt targeted since they handed out cards to families with young kids instead of just posting the policy publicly. Strange choice IMO.  I think if that happened to me it would be a WTF moment quickly followed by, yeah not a problem.

Yeah... Right approach.

Why should everybody have to read it?

Boo hoo.

#2 of the "4 Agreements:"

2. Don’t Take Anything Personally
Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.

2 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

I can’t stand those gosh dang snow flakes. Their disease is worse than Ebola. 

Snowflakes fit into baskets nicely with others.  You almost can't tell the two apart.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

12 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Do we even know that the place doesn't hand out that card with every single menu?

30 minutes ago, shrader said:

Do we even know that the place doesn't hand out that card with every single menu?

That was my assumption when I read the following:

"The restaurant, Nepalese Chef, in Gloucester has issued the laminated "polite notice" several times to families with small children, and claims no one else has been upset."