Flank steak vs prime rib

I see posters claiming they would have went for sure fire thing (ala rosen) instead of taking best potential (ala Allen).. no right or wrong opinion, but If I'm gonna grill me a nice steak on the grill, I'm gonna go prime rib all day, everyday! Sure I might have to wait a little longer before I eat, compared to grilling a flank steak. But I have patience and the wait will be worth it! If ur hungry and want to eat, by all means choose the flank.. But if u have time and can wait for a better meal, choose the prime rib every time!!

Allen>Rosen

Go Bills!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

No, burgers are usually consistent. I've had far more bad steaks than bad burgers.

True.  But a good steak doesn't need to be dressed with anything to still be good (ketchup, lettuce, tomato, bacon, etc).

I'd rather have a steak cooked right then a burger that I have to dress up.

Edited by The Wiz

if i knew that your grilled prime rib recipe was fundamentally flawed and that the entire history of cookery suggested that the result would be an overcooked, dry, gag-inducing piece of leather, i would put my odds on the flank steak.

• Like (+1) 1

Tenderloin for me. All that marbling is flavor, but too fatty for my style. (Long Smith & Wolenski story from Vegas I will spare you from.) I prefer sous vide so I lessen the chance to over cook it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Tenderloin for me. All that marbling is flavor, but too fatty for my style. (Long Smith & Wolenski story from Vegas I will spare you from.) I prefer sous vide so I lessen the chance to over cook it. 

Love me some deer tenderloin.