Trade Clay to Dallas

2 hours ago, ******* said:

Shed the salary and pick up a draft pick 

For what? You know his dead money would be the same if he was still on the team right?  

So lose 9M in cap space (without the player). So depends on the pick i guess 

Stop trading players for picks.  We needed the draft capital plus we had to remove players that were not Beane and McDermott guys.  We did it, it's over.  We got Allen and Edmunds in exchange for pretty much all those players we traded away.  It's time to add players from free agency and draft picks we have.   

Meh, move him if you like.

Clay has been a disappointing underachiever for his time in Buffalo.

He doesn't really impact games one way or the other, and in a word, is replaceable.

Edited by Fadingpain

6 hours ago, NextYear'sTheOne said:

Momma says that stupid is as stupid does 

that message board's the devil bobby!!!!!!

6 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

That would be a nice jab at his intelligence except you used the wrong part of the brain that controls thought process. Failed.

lol...but i got it right!:D

I understand that’s it’s cute to flame on the OP for the idea but the Bills front office has already traded away far more valuable assets than Charles Clay. I’ve got no idea why everyone is drawing a line in the sand at one of the traditionally least used ‘weapons’ in the Bills offensive arsenal.

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I understand that’s it’s cute to flame on the OP for the idea but the Bills front office has already traded away far more valuable assets than Charles Clay. I’ve got no idea why everyone is drawing a line in the sand at one of the traditionally least used ‘weapons’ in the Bills offensive arsenal.

They are on the hook for his Cap costs this year so trading him would make zero sense..

It doesn’t free up any salary cap space that they could use to acquire another player... 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

They are on the hook for his Cap costs this year so trading him would make zero sense..

It doesn’t free up any salary cap space that they could use to acquire another player... 

Not entirely true.  A post-June 1 trade would free up $4.5m this year.  None the less, they would still be eating the remaining $4.5m in dead money this year.  Notwithstanding all of that, the OP is a special kind of stupid.  Dallas could sign Julius Thomas, Martellus Bennett, Brent Celek, Antonio Gates, among a bunch of others without giving up anything.  One aging TE is just as good as any other.

1 minute ago, Luxy312 said:

Not entirely true.  A post-June 1 trade would free up $4.5m this year.  None the less, they would still be eating the remaining $4.5m in dead money this year.  Notwithstanding all of that, the OP is a special kind of stupid.  Dallas could sign Julius Thomas, Martellus Bennett, Brent Celek, Antonio Gates, among a bunch of others without giving up anything.  One aging TE is just as good as any other.

OK- but the $4.5 Mil they “save” this year is just being pushed to next year right?

If there were going to trade us Collins straight up for Clay I'd say yes, we need a lineman.    But trading Clay just creates another hole on this roster so essentially it's shuffling deck chairs on the titanic. 

8 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

OK- but the $4.5 Mil they “save” this year is just being pushed to next year right?

Yes, that would be true.  None the less, he's not going anywhere.  Ridiculous notion that they would trade him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You don’t always trade players when it makes the most financial sense. Sometimes in life you trade things when you think there’s a market.

So what do you think they could get for him?

Hope it’s worth it as they will then need to acquire and pay for another TE from somewhere..

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

So what do you think they could get for him?

Hope it’s worth it as they will then need to acquire and pay for another TE from somewhere..

Well I know the Cowboys don’t have any wide receivers left so we’ll rule that out.