Cobra Kai

51 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

... Are they free? Or YouTube's pay channel?

You can watch the first two episodes absolutely free. You can watch the rest by signing up for a free month of YouTube Red. The trick would be remembering to cancel after that month. I’m doing it though. They’ve got me hooked. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Dr. Fong said:

You can watch the first two episodes absolutely free. You can watch the rest by signing up for a free month of YouTube Red. The trick would be remembering to cancel after that month. I’m doing it though. They’ve got me hooked. 

:beer::beer: 

Holy cow, who put this show together?  "Mr. Lawrence's" agent?

It's the same actor, is it not?  I guess if you are type cast into a single role and haven't worked in 30 years (?) you might as well just form a new TV show around that role.

Good for him.

He played a very funny role as himself in a few episodes of How I Met Your Mother in the last of the seasons, it was fun seeing him there, and credits show Will Smith and a Caleb Pinkette(guessing a member of Jada's family) as exec producers.

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

It's the same actor, is it not?  I guess if you are type cast into a single role and haven't worked in 30 years (?) you might as well just form a new TV show around that role.

Good for him.

14 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I skimmed through it. Daniel seems like an jerk in the episode. 

Yeah, but that's the beauty of it.

8 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Good for him.

Personally, I can't believe Johnny Lawrence as a protagonist didn't happen sooner.  The last two times we saw him, he was 1) congratulating Daniel as he handed him the trophy he won for kicking him in the face, and 2) getting beat up by his sensei in the parking lot after the tournament.  Plus, Daniel did take his girl.  Talk about a sympathetic character.  It has me racking my brain for other sympathetic antagonists who deserve to have their stories told.  The current frontrunner is the fat dude from Better Off Dead.

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Interesting dynamics for sure with Daniel and Johnny.  Not sure if Daniel is supposed to be the good guy anymore (some have debated in the past)

When I saw Karate Kid as a kid, it was indisputable that Daniel was the good guy & Johnny was a big stupid poopiehead.  Somewhere between my late teens and early 20s, my feelings started to change.  I began to realize that Daniel didn't have to punch Bobby for slide tackling him at soccer practice, and he certainly didn't have to hose Johnny down when he was trying to roll a doob in the bathroom stall.  It was then that I came to the following realization: Daniel was an antagonistic prick who brought many of those beatings upon himself.  I love that the writers seem to have tapped into that.

How can anybody watch this crap?  

Snowflake TV.

Get over it Dude, you "swept the leg" over 30 years ago and he whooped you with same leg... Now he's selling cars, impressive!

Deal with it, stop trying to relive your youth

Wow... It's been over 30 years and still trying to catch the cool magic. :lol:

:PSorry, somebody had to critique this in a negative way.  People enjoy the strangest stuff.:P

• Haha (+1) 1

Binged watched the first 6 episodes with the Mrs. the past two evenings. Really well-done (surprisingly so). The role reversal of the two main characters from the movies was a brilliant touch. Pretty funny, too - some great jokes slipped in here and there.

28 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Binged watched the first 6 episodes with the Mrs. the past two evenings. Really well-done (surprisingly so). The role reversal of the two main characters from the movies was a brilliant touch. Pretty funny, too - some great jokes slipped in here and there.

I found what Johnny did to Larusso's billboard absolutely hysterical for some reason 

• Like (+1) 1