Cobra Kai

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

I found what Johnny did to Larusso's billboard absolutely hysterical for some reason 

I was especially fond of what Johnny told his ex-wife's date he'd have to order if he wanted a certain activity to take the place of a kiss at the end of the date.

14 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Saw the first and I liked it. Admittedly, the wife is more of a Karate Kid fan than I am.

Daniel is still annoying.

He was a huge douche bag in the original. Actually in all 3 original movies. I think how they've portrayed Johnny and Daniel in modern day is prefect. I find it hysterical that both characters can't get over their past. It's incredibly dumb and awesome at the same time. 

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

He was a huge douche bag in the original. Actually in all 3 original movies. I think how they've portrayed Johnny and Daniel in modern day is prefect. I find it hysterical that both characters can't get over their past. It's incredibly dumb and awesome at the same time. 

Why I called it "Snowflake TV."  People eat this garbage up & YouTube is happy to offer it.  30+ years later and Dude is living the Teen Dream... 

...Cool... Let's wallow in our pity, self-medicate, and go driving really fast and have a PTSD flashback to the glory days!

Maybe I am a stick in mud... And no fun because I don't wallow in my own self pity 

:lol::lol:

Sorry, I stopped right there... :P

Finished season 1 today. One of my favorite shows I've watched in a while. The Johnny Lawrence character makes the entire show. His attitude towards life and karate is hilarious. This show will be huge. Give it a month or two. The final episode was awesome. Wish I could say more but don't want to ruin it for anyone 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Finished season 1 today. One of my favorite shows I've watched in a while. The Johnny Lawrence character makes the entire show. His attitude towards life and karate is hilarious. This show will be huge. Give it a month or two. The final episode was awesome. Wish I could say more but don't want to ruin it for anyone 

Just finished it myself.  Definitely exceeded my expectations, which were actually pretty high.  Gotta love Hawk.

I wonder if this series becomes protifable will more remakes of these bully movies come out from back in the day.

Three O Clock High and My Bodyguard were two of my favorites.  I could imagine seeing Buddy Revell or Moody these days

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I wonder if this series becomes protifable will more remakes of these bully movies come out from back in the day.

Three O Clock High and My Bodyguard were two of my favorites.  I could imagine seeing Buddy Revell or Moody these days

Great choices!

On May 3, 2018 at 11:35 PM, Another Fan said:

Interesting dynamics for sure with Daniel and Johnny.  Not sure if Daniel is supposed to be the good guy anymore (some have debated in the past)

Well, he's a car dealer now so...

I loved Season 1.  I didn't see it playing out this way.  Kinda figured we would see total role reversal with Cobra Kai taking in all the dorks and bullied kids and Miyagi Do would get Kyler and all the bullies and jocks.  Still a solid ending but I think they missed an opportunity.