McDermott wanted nothing do to with Brandon-Paul Hamilton WGR

So you have a HC that wont talk to him. 

Owners that release a statement and do not thank him for his 20 years of service and dedication to the area and team 

those are pretty damning of how Russ is thought of right now. I want the storys just x out names 

5 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

well Paul if you can't say then STFU

This is sad. But hey it will get the clicks and the listeners

Why it kind is news that the HC wanted NOTHING to do with your President and would not talk to him. 

Tim Graham is calling into his own show right now on 1270 The Fan.  Bucky is hosting today.

Tim said:

1) The investigation started with an inappropriate relationship

2) Found other "issues" (he stressed not criminal) that the Pegula's felt were not the way they wanted PSE, Bills and Sabres represented  - thus the move was made.

3) Found Brandon's statement less than believable -- he spent time off the record with Russ at the owner's meeting and there was no indication of dissatisfaction with the Pegulas or his job.

4) Likes the Kim Pegula move -- because he feels Jason, Brandon, Sean will make decisions unencumbered about on the field/ice.  Kim won't be involved in personnel decisions.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Why it kind is news that the HC wanted NOTHING to do with your President and would not talk to him. 

If you cannot say because you don't have proof,  therefore you have nothing. Its this kind of journalism that sinks all journalism IMO

If you have something then say it. This is bait crap, even if Paul knows for sure, he is baiting everyone and I do not support that crap.

Edited by ddaryl

Just now, JoeF said:

Tim Graham is calling into his own show right now on 1270 The Fan.  Bucky is hosting today.

Tim said:

1) The investigation started with an inappropriate relationship

2) Found other "issues" (he stressed not criminal) that the Pegula's felt were not the way they wanted PSE, Bills and Sabres represented  - thus the move was made.

3) Found Brandon's statement less than believable -- he spent time off the record with Russ at the owner's meeting and there was no indication of dissatisfaction with the Pegulas or his job.

4) Likes the Kim Pegula move -- because he feels Jason, Brandon, Sean will make decisions unencumbered about on the field/ice.  Kim won't be involved in personnel decisions.

Thanks for sharing. 

I didn't defend Brandon but it aggravated me when people guessed about him being one of the reasons for all the failure, etc.  It just bothered me that his name came up.  I can see now that if he was creating this kind of culture - it most surely was a problem.  I just don't think most of us actually knew.  

Something that strikes me as interesting is a first time young HC having the ability to not talk to the president.  It makes me wonder if it was because he has the stones or the permission.

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

If you cannot say because you don't have proof and therefore you have nothing. Its this kind of journalism that sinks all journalism IMO

If you have something then say it. This is bait crap even if Paul knows for sure he is baiting everyone and I do not support that crap.

All he said is McD would not talk to him due to an incedent between them. Likely true or easy to fact check. 

Then said he would not get into the incident on what it was over because he cannot prove that. 

There is NOTHING wrong with either of those statements. And that is journalism 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, White Linen said:

I didn't defend Brandon but it aggravated me when people guessed about him being one of the reasons for all the failure, etc.  It just bothered me that his name came up.  I can see now that if he was creating this kind of culture - it most surely was a problem.  I just don't think most of us actually knew.  

Something that strikes me as interesting is a first time young HC having the ability to not talk to the president.  It makes me wonder if it was because he has the stones or the permission.

The Stones imo.  McD got us to the playoffs his first year.  Broke the longest playoff drought in the history of sports.  I think McD has more power then you may think.  Hes valuable to this organization.  What did RB do? And remember he was left over from the old regime.  McD is Terry and Kims guy.

It's odd that Russ had a blowup with McDermott since Russ was just up in the business office crunching numbers and selling seats.

I can't think of any reason why coach would be that mad unless Russ was sticking his nose where it didn't belong OR pulling a Ted Nolan with a player's wife or something.

Beane and McDermott are really Terry and Kim's first hires, given that Rex happened right after they took over and were not prepared for that type of turnover.

Russ was the pool table in the basement that came with the house, and they finally decided to put him up on Criagslist

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Thanks for sharing. 

Tim added..

I think there are a lot of folks at PSE, the Sabres and Bills who like their workplace a whole lot better today.  This was the worst kept secret in town and there were a lot of folks who thought Russ was untouchable.

He is comparing this to the Panthers story and saying Jerry Richardson has to sell the team for a whole lot less than the accusations against Russ Brandon..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, eball said:

I'm glad someone finally saw the putz for what he is.

Seems to me it's pretty obvious what was probably happening.  As the Bills were moving high priced and highly drafted players Russ was probably running around behind the scenes to the Pegulas telling them how bad a marketing decision this was going to be.  His "boy" Sammy Watkins got traded!

Russ was always about the flash, not the substance.  He hated the process.

This is the most likely scenario. Maybe he hated the Josh Allen pick too, couldn't imagine trying to sell the fanbase on him.

in all seriousness though, IF Russ had a relationship with a woman at PSE is that really such an awful offense?

So Jim and Pam from the office isn't something to cry into your personal Ben and Jerry's pint over then?!

It has to be something more for there to be an investigation into "misconduct" I would think...

Tons of people meet their significant other through work. It doesn't warrant an "internal investigation" into the matter.

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

I know we all hate Rex Ryan now, but I read his book a while back and one of the interesting things he said in it is that it is very difficult for a football team to be successful when there is a guy between the football guys and the owners...because that guy has the owner's ear and will likely play both sides.  When **** hits the fan, he will be protecting himself.  He had a point.  

Edited by Mikey152
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

in all seriousness though, IF Russ had a relationship with a woman at PSE is that really such an awful offense?

So Jim and Pam from the office isn't something to cry into your personal Ben and Jerry's pint over then?!

It has to be something more for there to be an investigation into "misconduct" I would think...

President of a company ising power to get favors ummm that is a pretty awful offense