McDermott wanted nothing do to with Brandon-Paul Hamilton WGR

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

All he said is McD would not talk to him due to an incedent between them. Likely true or easy to fact check. 

Then said he would not get into the incident on what it was over because he cannot prove that. 

There is NOTHING wrong with either of those statements. And that is journalism 

YES THERE IS !!!!

He has no proof but he makes a very generic statement that is now nothing but click bait. He says he can't prove it. SO its nothign more than hear say

Your opinion is nutty considering how much of this crap goes on every single day in modern journalism. Personal opinion and hearsay is not news and if you can't back it up with proof or have no source for the facts then do not say it.

Unbelievable what people hang their hats on these days.

pathetic

If the truth comes out great but without facts or a source willing to go on record, Paul is just another douche

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

President of a company ising power to get favors ummm that is a pretty awful offense 

using power to get favors is not having an actual relationship, that's called sexual harassment and/or misconduct.

My point is that something a lot uglier than 2 adults falling for each other and having a consensual relationship must have happened.

Edited by TheFunPolice

1 hour ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

FWIW...

Paul Hamilton just said that there was an incident with Sean McDermott and Russ Brandon which led to McDermott cutting off Brandon from his area of the organization.

He said he didn't want to talk about it b/c he can't prove it.  I guess he figures it would amount to rumor or might be incorrect, so he wouldn't go into details.

His basic point was that McDermott wanted nothing to do with Brandon and "didn't want to be in the same with him."

You don't have to be a genius or have a ton of corporate experience to see that Russ is a classic BS-er who will never tell you what he is really thinking.  Further, he's the type to be caught up in power, titles, the big corner office with the best view, and all related BS as well.

Guys like that (and women) are into themselves and always looking out for #1, and full of #*#*.

Insofar as McD appears to be a straight shooter, I'm not surprised he caught whiff of the foul stench surrounding Brandon and quickly walled him off.

:lol:

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

in all seriousness though, IF Russ had a relationship with a woman at PSE is that really such an awful offense?

So Jim and Pam from the office isn't something to cry into your personal Ben and Jerry's pint over then?!

It has to be something more for there to be an investigation into "misconduct" I would think...

Tons of people meet their significant other through work. It doesn't warrant an "internal investigation" into the matter.

its not him buying flowers for the secretary and asking her on a date.

He is married with kids.  The 'subject' of this investigation is married.  There have been multiple/numerous targets of Russ Brandon's indiscretions.  

3 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

pathetic

If the truth comes out great but without facts or a source willing to go on record, Paul is just another douche

You are overreacting and it's weird. Paul can say he heard there was an incident, he is correct in not detailing that incident if he doesn't have access to 3 sources who can verify it.

Just now, May Day 10 said:

He is married with kids.  The 'subject' of this investigation is married.  There have been multiple/numerous targets of Russ Brandon's indiscretions.  

That is just gross, and it makes sense that a guy like McDermott would not want anything to do with him.

It also makes sense why the Pegulas, who are big on faith and family, would send him packing rather than have a guy who acts like that representing their company.

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

He said he didn't want to talk about it b/c he can't prove it.  I guess he figures it would amount to rumor or might be incorrect, so he wouldn't go into details.

His basic point was that McDermott wanted nothing to do with Brandon and "didn't want to be in the same with him."

You don't have to be a genius or have a ton of corporate experience to see that Russ is a classic BS-er who will never tell you what he is really thinking.  Further, he's the type to be caught up in power, titles, the big corner office with the best view, and all related BS as well.

Guys like that (and women) are into themselves and always looking out for #1, and full of #*#*.

Insofar as McD appears to be a straight shooter, I'm not surprised he caught whiff of the foul stench surrounding Brandon and quickly walled him off.

:lol:

I think his point was he couldn't get a second source on this, as opposed to it be incorrect.  He obviously felt strongly about getting it out there given the fact he mentioned it at all.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, May Day 10 said:

Exactly we have no idea what the issue is and how they found it.  And you do have to becareful when your in a position of power.  Alot of companies have rules about supervisiors dating their underlyings.  It can cause several issues

10 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

in all seriousness though, IF Russ had a relationship with a woman at PSE is that really such an awful offense?

So Jim and Pam from the office isn't something to cry into your personal Ben and Jerry's pint over then?!

It has to be something more for there to be an investigation into "misconduct" I would think...

Tons of people meet their significant other through work. It doesn't warrant an "internal investigation" into the matter.

You just don’t get the power a President of a company has over employees, do you?

And what happens if the woman becomes scorned and accuses Brandon of things and sues the Bills because she felt she had to have a relationship with him to keep her job?

Now do you get the picture?

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

You just don’t get the power a President of a company has over employees, do you?

And what happens if the woman becomes scorned and accuses Brandon of things and sues the Bills because she f lt she had to have a relationship with him to keep her job?

Now do you get the picture?

Yeah, I get it. Lots of liability issues. Plus it's just gross to act like that.

My point was just that it must have been more than just Russ was dating a female employee for the reaction to be as it was. But maybe not. Maybe that alone was enough.

But no "thank you for all your years of service" line in the announcement?

Edited by TheFunPolice

16 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

It's odd that Russ had a blowup with McDermott since Russ was just up in the business office crunching numbers and selling seats.

I can't think of any reason why coach would be that mad unless Russ was sticking his nose where it didn't belong OR pulling a Ted Nolan with a player's wife or something.

Beane and McDermott are really Terry and Kim's first hires, given that Rex happened right after they took over and were not prepared for that type of turnover.

Russ was the pool table in the basement that came with the house, and they finally decided to put him up on Criagslist

spot on great post

11 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Jim and Pam? More like Micheal Scott and Jane-Levinson-Gould!

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

...there is the potential for serious liability implications if the Pegulas did not act.........insurance companies jumped all over matters like this years ago with Directors & Officers (D&O) Liability insurance coverage....it broadly covers matters like this, as well as harassment, discrimination or generically wrongful acts that occur within the environment.....premiums start at around $10,000 for $1 million in coverage....even if incident(s) are purported to be consensual, it still must be proven to deny the insurance claim....with no coverage, litigation can occur.............

Thinking about it a bit more, maybe the Pegulas acted as swiftly as they did to avoid this idiot's behavior coming back on them, since things like this can quickly blow up and get out of control

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...there is the potential for serious liability implications if the Pegulas did not act.........insurance companies jumped all over matters like this years ago with Directors & Officers (D&O) Liability insurance coverage....it broadly covers matters like this, as well as harassment, discrimination or generically wrongful acts that occur within the environment.....premiums start at around $10,000 for $1 million in coverage....even if incident(s) are purported to be consensual, it still must be proven to deny the insurance claim....with no coverage, litigation can occur.............

This makes sense...

Plus, a married man with a family making advances toward other women is a pathetic excuse for a man in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Thinking about it a bit more, maybe the Pegulas acted as swiftly as they did to avoid this idiot's behavior coming back on them, since things like this can quickly blow up and get out of control

This makes sense...

Plus, a married man with a family making advances toward other women is a pathetic excuse for a man in my opinion.

.......I feel terrible for his wife and children with this news......ironically she is also from Fairport, NY a Rochester suburb and where Kim Pegula hails from.....

• Like (+1) 1