Bills' Rookie Minicamp is May 11-12 - Saturday Practice Closed to the Media

Bills Defensive Lineman Harrison Phillips addressed the media after rookie mini camp topics include; his first NFL practice, learning from the veterans on the roster, and understanding the playbook.

JOSH ALLEN: "EVERYDAY WE ARE GOING TO GET BETTER" (10:42)
Bills Quarterback Josh Allen addressed the media after rookie minicamp topics include; his first NFL practice, developing relationships with the wide receivers, and meeting Hall of Fame Quarterback Jim Kelly.

SEAN MCDERMOTT: "GROWTH MINDSET" (15:35)
Bills Head Coach Sean McDermott addressed the media prior to the start of rookie minicamp topics include; his expectations for the minicamp, continual improvement on the field, and earning playing time moving forward.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 5/2/2018 at 5:23 PM, Dr Krentist said:

Is there a reason why some teams hold 2 day camps and others 3?

teams are allowed 'x' amount of days for workouts in the off-season. if a team uses three of those days at this point, that leaves them one less day for the rest of their workout schedule. you'll see that the next go round teams that had less this period will have more the next time, or the one after that. it all equals out. some teams want to implement more during this initial workout, others value the extra time later in the program.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Austin Proehl mentioned in his interview with Tasker and Murph that he will be in town for about 4 weeks straight before the pre-training camp break.  I imagine all the rooks will be around for OTA's, Minicamp and conditioning. 

It's not games, but talking about on the field action is better than dissecting every McCarron and Allen bad throw from their past and fretting about the lack of offensive line and WR talent...I expect we will see some roster moves in the next four weeks that will address some of the holes.  There's a long time to Fisher and likely some significant cuts at positions of need for us to ponder and debate.  I think the "win some now, win big later" philosophy that Beane and McDermott are implementing has promise.  

Go Bills!

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 1

On 5/6/2018 at 2:21 PM, #34fan said:

Most are 3 days, ours is only 2. -Couldn't they use the extra practice?

No, all teams have the same amount of days. They may just use them at different times. The third day will be weaved into upcoming sessions. 

7 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Wasn't there a time when one of the early mini-camps was open to the public and was combined with "select a seat" day.  Maybe 10 years ago?

They did one of them as a club seat event last year. My dad watched from the fieldhouse and thought that it was awesome. He keeps asking if they are doing it again but I haven’t seen anything come through.