Russ Brandon - Leaving Role as President of Bills & Sabres due to workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct

13 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Enough!  If she’s smart and a good listener and a good delegator, that’s about 95% of it and for millennia men have been getting jobs like this handed to them because of their dads or their friends and no one thought twice about it - and if you think you’re that much more qualified quit moaning about it on a message board and get working on your resume.

I say all of that with much love.

Think that you missed the point. It makes total sense why she got the job. She isn’t the best person for that job in that building. Those 2 things are both true.

19 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Fantastic that you own your actions. 

What is the real shame is people rejoicing while his kids and wife have to look on. These are people’s lives. 

Not one of my prouder moments TD...never will be.  You hit on the thing I will take to my grave.  I hurt people dear to me.  My team members at the company, family....etc.  I did that--no one else. 

You never make it up no matter how much you try to or express regret.   I can't let it consume me because I am still responsible for providing for others but its a private hell I deserve.  Hopefully, Russ will get to the point where he understands that owning starts the process of healing for others impacted.  The relationships are never the same but they can be rebuilt to an extent and there is a bit of courage and increased self-respect in owning it.  Augie hit on it--it's selfish, unprofessional, immoral and all other bad things you can think of...but I did it---I needed to own it.  Hopefully, Russ gets there some day.

Okay--I am through baring my soul for you all today, but we are in more than a minor way family on this board.  Hope I helped some folks understand my personal view that it is never, ever appropriate for a CEO of a company, particularly one as high profile as PSE, the Bills and Sabres to engage in this behavior.  Its more than respect for women, its understanding what the role represents and behaving accordingly.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Think that you missed the point. It makes total sense why she got the job. She isn’t the best person for that job in that building. Those 2 things are both true.

She may not be the best person on paper - who knows how she’ll do with it and there are many potential intangible benefits to making this move.

2 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Well isn't this just a kick in the pants !
So many will be pleased that house has been cleansed after all this time. But who will sell all those tickets ? and be greatly respected within the industry so well as Dear Ole Russ ?

Great Python animation btw.

Thanks for the chuckle and  inspiring  a knowing grin from me.

Judging from the reactions, I’m just happy to see there are so many Python fans on TBD!

1 minute ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

Thanks, observations from a couple decades of co-ed office experience.

I’ll bite.  What are your observations of men in the office based on your decades of “co-ed office experience”?

Just now, SectionC3 said:

I’ll bite.  What are your observations of men in the office based on your decades of “co-ed office experience”?

Please don’t. Just report and ignore the obvious troll. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Kim Pegula is going to run things!? Yeah, that should work out well....ya know, with her years of experience in the sports business management field....oh, wait a minute.

How could she do any worse? His time with the organization has coincided with the worst period in it's history. The Sabres too for that matter, although that started before he took over.

• Thank you (+1) 1

As long as Kim changes the goal song at Sabres games, I'm cool with it.  

And props to her for taking a hold of the thing.  Maybe she will hire an experienced hockey prez, but it doesn't hurt to do a little recon before making a big decision like that.   

1 minute ago, vincec said:

How could she do any worse? His time with the organization has coincided with the worst period in it's history. The Sabres too for that matter, although that started before he took over.

You must be very young...

49 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

This was mentioned in the Brandon Resignation thread, but I thought it deserved its own thread.

Around 29 minutes into Hour 4 of Schopp & Bulldog today, Bulldog indicated that he was getting a lot of contact from (presumably) sports/media contacts in the WNY area and they were not "Twitter bots".  

They were indicating that this story is not going to be a surprise to lots of people.  Bulldog predicted lots of info. is going to be known in the next 24 hours about what happened.

There is going to be a lot out there about this as time unfolds.

Bulldog said "I think he's (Brandon) gonna deserve a lot of criticism."

Popcorn at the ready.  Can't wait.

Hour 4 of Schopp & Bulldog:

http://www.wgr550.com/media/audio-channel/05-01-schopp-and-bulldog-hour-4

I can’t stand Schopp his arrogance and know it all / how dare you disagree with me attitude 

makes me sick , 

But I still listen to the show

mainly because Im interest to know what the callers/fans think!!!

44 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This was only a matter of time. If you're a female that has gone out downtown, you have a 87% chance of being molested by Russ Brandon.

Sounds like he has solid info with that percentage because he cross dresses and he was hit on 87% chance of time.

1 minute ago, vincec said:

He worked for one of the worst sports owners ever, and then worked for some of the most clueless sports owners ever, all the while getting the fan base to hand over buckets of money to see loser franchises.  Masterful...