Russ Brandon - Leaving Role as President of Bills & Sabres due to workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct

2 minutes ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

See, you can't do that these days.  The woman bitches, the SJW's come to her aid, and the guy is fired and his career destroyed, all of this before any actual investigation.

Congrats on having one of the pettiest usernames I’ve ever seen.

I’d also like to extend a giant high five to you for throwing your political ideologies around with such reckless abandon. You’re probably huge hit at Thanksgiving.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Commonsense said:

Is she the best person for the job? That’s all

I’m interested in. If I want heart warming under dog stories I will watch the lifetime channel.

I want Super Bowls and an organization that can knock the crown off of Johnathan and Robert Kraft’s heads.

You don’t believe that she is the best person for the job do you? There are 40 people in those organizations more qualified than her. FWIW, I legitimately may be more qualified than her. If you sent our resumes and interviewed us both I may be the more impressive (and less attractive) candidate.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s about the same thing to me as the owvers’s kid getting to be president like the Spanos,Kraft, Mike Brown families and others. 

Pretty much.   Plus, from Terry's perspective, the benefits are better...

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You don’t believe that she is the best person for the job do you? There are 40 people in those organizations more qualified than her. FWIW, I legitimately may be more qualified than her. If you sent our resumes and interviewed us both I may be the more impressive (and less attractive) candidate.

Except, I am guessing you and your spouse never created a multi-billion dollar company like Kim and Terry did, I suspect.

4 minutes ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

Yep, in the eye's of many women he's the same as Harvey Weinstien, holding power over a woman's career.

He should be forced to sell the Bills.

Well josh Allen IS a Bon Jovi fan...man this thing has really come full circle in about 4 days!

3 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Right, like I said, it's a stupid comparison.

It's disanalogous to anything going on with Brandon.

Us guys can have a lot of opinions about this stuff but I look at it this way.

Russ Brandon - 2018 - President of a company with female employees.  You just can't risk it in his position, and why does he even need to.

Terry Pegula - 1990's ( 25ish years earlier) - A different world.

Mad Men - 1960's (50ish years earlier) - Can't even be related to todays world.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m pretty sure she would include being co-owner of four professional sports franchises on her resume, so unless there’s something you’re not telling us she has you beat there.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s about the same thing to me as the owvers’s kid getting to be president like the Spanos,Kraft, Mike Brown families and others. 

Very different.  Kim helped create East Resources; she didn't inherit a thing.

Edited by N.Y. Orangeman

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Ha ha, when I was with the Hornets George Shinn always wanted his son Chad to be next in line. My boss was tasked with teaching him the business. It was beyond tragic. We’d sit in “high level business meetings” devising a strategy and he would sleep. One day, we thought it would be kind of funny to all quietly  slip out of the office while he was napping. We went to lunch and came back an hour and a half later and he was still asleep in the chair in my bosses’ office!! He was a nice kid but failed out of a community college in Texas or something like that. He wasn’t equipped to run an NBA team!! He wasn’t equipped to be an assistant manager at Arby’s. He’s a nice guy but not too bright.

Just now, fridge said:

I’m pretty sure she would include being co-owner of four professional sports franchises on her resume, so unless there’s something you’re not telling us she has you beat there.

Co-owner by virtue of what?  Being married to the owner?

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Hmmmmm

That is a interesting take when your talking about your job.

Is Brandon married?  Have kids?  those "scrapes" can be expensive.

For me it goes deeper then that.....I would have to go home and look those kids in the eye.   Different interpretations of being a "man" I guess.

Wife (Amy) and three kids. This can’t be fun for any of them. I feel for them.  For Russ, not so much.  Kudos to the Pegula for showing him the door.

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

Kim as president is essentially the same thing as Terry as president.

Terry's just there to water the plants.  He has no desire to do anything day-to-day...

47 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

....and I'll reply with the same pic of Kim.

Now that is the best "conspiracy" post of the thread.  Well done.

Fished off the dock for many years but always with a "catch and release" policy.

kim hot.jpg

48 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:
2 hours ago, Rob's House said:

What's the point of working by the water if you can't fish off the company dock?

i'm sorry, but that's funny....and she is so hot!.....

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m making the same case you are, it started a few posts before. In no way is this a good thing for the team and it’s not a congratulatory moment. When an inexperienced owner self appoints his/herself into a position within their own organization it’s usually a cause for concern. 

I dont like it one bit.

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Did Kim work for Terry at any point and time (work wise)

Yes he hired her. Then sometime after that they began a romance. Obviously it was on the up and up and a genuine thing. But it was indeed an employee employer romance.