Way too early look at 2019 FA

We should be pretty active in FA next year as we will want to be filling in our team to start competing. Who do you want to see? (Obviously this is too early and many of these guys will re-sign/be franchised) 

Offensive line: 

Shaq Mason, NE 

Rob Havenstein, LA

Ali Marpet, TB

Matt Paradis, DEN 

WR: 

Stefon Diggs, MIN

Brandin Cooks, LA 

Dline- 

Geno Atkins, CIN 

Danielle Hunter, MIN 

Khalil Mack, OAK 

Jadeaveon Clowny,. HOU 

Wouldn't surprise me to see us go big and get a big splash name like Diggs or Atkins to help boost our team and use the cap. 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2019/offensive-line/

I looked at the list a month ago or so when there was a lot of talk about us having lots of cap space next year and I did not really see a lot of exciting names.  I think guys like Diggs, Clowney and Mack won't make it to free agency.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

We should be pretty active in FA next year as we will want to be filling in our team to start competing. Who do you want to see? (Obviously this is too early and many of these guys will re-sign/be franchised) 

Offensive line: 

Shaq Mason, NE 

Rob Havenstein, LA

Ali Marpet, TB

Matt Paradis, DEN 

WR: 

Stefon Diggs, MIN

Brandin Cooks, LA 

Dline- 

Geno Atkins, CIN 

Danielle Hunter, MIN 

Khalil Mack, OAK 

Jadeaveon Clowny,. HOU 

Wouldn't surprise me to see us go big and get a big splash name like Diggs or Atkins to help boost our team and use the cap. 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2019/offensive-line/

Come home and win a ring and a trophy for Buffalo!!

14 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I am hoping Arden Key has a good rookie year and the Raiders are happy enough with their pass rush that they somehow don't extend or franchise Mack.

Get Mack and then draft UB receiver Anthony Johnson then Promo can return to epic levels of Bills homer-ism!:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, offyourocker said:

I looked at the list a month ago or so when there was a lot of talk about us having lots of cap space next year and I did not really see a lot of exciting names.  I think guys like Diggs, Clowney and Mack won't make it to free agency.  

I think either Diggs, Hunter, or Anthony Barr are likely to shake out of Minnesota (can't pay them all) and any of those three would help us. If we have Edmund's playing prominently MLB and pair Barr with him at SLB our front seven would be amazing. 

Also, It's hard to say what Oakland will do now that Chucky is at the switch. (though Mack is likely not going anywhere) 

Geno Atkins is interesting to me because he's getting older and I expect CIn. to be in a rebuild mode next year. Add that to the fact that there's a thick DL draft and he could shake loose and might be a great replacement for Kyle. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

We're going to have a ton of spending cash and not many of our own FA to sign. 18 was the most important draft in forever. 19 will be one of the most FA periods in franchise history.

If Allen plays and plays well there will be people lining up to be a part of what we're building. 

• Like (+1) 2

Mack would make the most sense.  I think diggs and cooks are solid but I wouldnt want to pay them 15 mill a year. I know we have the cap room but I don’t think they’re worth that money.  Spending $ on OL and drafting weapons on O might be the way to go.  How’s the OL class next year look? Maybe we can grab a WR, RB and TE next year.

Our own list includes: Kelvin Benjamin, Kyle Williams, Lorenzo Alexander, Vontae Davis, Ryan Groy, Jordan Mills and Colton Schmidt. 

If Davis and Benjamin have big years, they would command big contracts, but otherwise the list looks manageable for the Bills to resign. With lots of cap room I think the Bills would probably try to keep Davis and Benjamin if they play well. 

Just now, bills_believer said:

Our own list includes: Kelvin Benjamin, Kyle Williams, Lorenzo Alexander, Vontae Davis, Ryan Groy, Jordan Mills and Colton Schmidt. 

If Davis and Benjamin have big years, they would command big contracts, but otherwise the list looks manageable for the Bills to resign. With lots of cap room I think the Bills would probably try to keep Davis and Benjamin if they play well. 

I honestly wouldn't be all that broken up about losing any of those players.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

KHALIL MACK!

Milano-Edmunds-Mack!

Based on Mack's behavior last season when the Raiders came to town it'd appear as if he's still somehow salty that he was passed up for Watkins during the 2014 draft. 

Or maybe something weird happened because before last season I don't recall him having any issues answering Buffalo-related questions given his college alma-mater is right behind where I'm currently seated. But then last season as that Bills-Raiders game rolled around and suddenly the dude refused to speak a word about Buffalo whatsoever. I'd assume Buffalo isn't on his list of destinations if he gets to test FA lol. 

We can dream, tho!

If the Bills are a good team and they are contenders, I would want the Bills to keep their own first before delving into FA.

i would expect most of those names on that list to be franchised and/or re-signed by their teams also.