Preliminary draft grades on the AFC East

50 minutes ago, Carter said:

First you take Rosen (no brainer).   Then you keep 22 and pick BPA. Easy as can be. Beane panicked and failed. 

Couldn’t have been worse. 

How is Rosen a no brainer when other QB starved teams passed on him? Someone help me understand this logic. 

Sadly there are a number of people so upset about the Allen pick, that the draft was an immediate disaster in their eyes.  Every move past that was seen in the most negative light possible, no matter how positive it might actually seem.  If you look closely, most people calling this draft a bust and/or disaster share two traits...first, they hated the Allen pick and second they are outright hostile and abusive.  It's rarely a calm, clean critique.  It's Beane did everything wrong, is an idiot, everyone is going to be a bust and we will have a new coach/GM in a year or two.  Some fans got overemotional over Allen being picked and allowed it to severely taint any other draft pick later taken in their eyes.

I'm happy but I was looking for us to get Cain late.The young lad might be a bit stubborn and tough to work with,but Coach McD would have corrected that...and you can't teach speed. Anyway...solid B for me.The jets,phins and pats did "ok" ,I guess.With all of our off season moves digested as of today, I truly think we have the best defensive unit in the division.

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

Allen alone makes our draft a C. As in we’ll see how good this draft was in 2 seasons.

This is always the case. It takes a few years to figure that out.  Can't do an initial draft grade with any criteria other than if needs were addressed , top prospects were chosen , and value of the prospects vs where they were taken. No one knows which player is going to turn out better than others. Initial prospect rankings only. 

We have a franchise front office. 

2 hours ago, MarkAF43 said:

How is Rosen a no brainer when other QB starved teams passed on him? Someone help me understand this logic. 

Didnt the same teams pass on Allen? 

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

Sadly there are a number of people so upset about the Allen pick, that the draft was an immediate disaster in their eyes.  Every move past that was seen in the most negative light possible, no matter how positive it might actually seem.  If you look closely, most people calling this draft a bust and/or disaster share two traits...first, they hated the Allen pick and second they are outright hostile and abusive.  It's rarely a calm, clean critique.  It's Beane did everything wrong, is an idiot, everyone is going to be a bust and we will have a new coach/GM in a year or two.  Some fans got overemotional over Allen being picked and allowed it to severely taint any other draft pick later taken in their eyes.

Its not the Allen pick alone. It’s the giving up of 3 picks in the 2nd and 3rd.  Some fans see it that way. So it’s not as black and white as you make it. 

3 hours ago, Carter said:

First you take Rosen (no brainer).   Then you keep 22 and pick BPA. Easy as can be. Beane panicked and failed. 

Couldn’t have been worse. 

This is what I do on your post. 

95E36450-907C-4DB1-B7FD-0E84F9C7F9BC.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

He has All Pro talent though, no other LB available at 22 has anywhere near the ceiling, we didn't really miss out on much. Edmunds was projected at #7 in most mocks I read.

#7=1,500

#22 + #65 = 1,045

Matter of fact what we got was a highway robbery.

Thats some solid math! 

4 hours ago, Carter said:

No they didn’t keep 22. They traded it for a lb. 

I like Edmunds but not at that cost. Way too expensive. 

Huh??  I could understand if you were complaining that they gave up to much in the Allan trade, but for the Edmunds trade according to the chart, they gave up 1045 point to gain 1030 points.  So 15 points is too much for you??  LOL

39 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Its not the Allen pick alone. It’s the giving up of 3 picks in the 2nd and 3rd.  Some fans see it that way. So it’s not as black and white as you make it. 

And yet people were screaming the Bills should have traded up to #2.  One things I'm pretty certain of that would have taken even more picks.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

12 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Your response to mine stating didn't the same teams pass on Allen still fails to answer the question that's don't asked. People keep talking about Rosen as the no brainer, the sure thing. If he were no one else would've passed on him. My comment had nothing to do with Allen. And frankly your response throwing Allens name into it shows that those making the comments about Rosen don't have a valid argument.