RD3, Pick 96: Harrison Phillips DT - Stanford

40 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Kelsay was a good role player, a good 3rd DE rotational type player. The hate from fans seems to stem from the fact that he got overpaid by the Bills twice for some reason. The Bills weren't getting zero production out of him but rather they weren't getting anywhere close to the production needed considering his salary. 

Kelsay sucked ass 

22 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Prisco gave the choice an A+ and had high praise for the team. Here is what Prisco wrote following the pick:

This is a steal. This kid has first-round talent. Bills killing it.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/04/2018_nfl_draft_buffalo_bills_receive_a_from_pete_prisco_for_harrison_phillips_pi.html

Petey has given us 3 A+ grades so far. He has never been so high on the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Eric Moulds on my A** said:

Thought he gave Tremaine a B+?

Still, we're doing amazing in this draft. 

Potentially 3 starters for a very long time with the Bills.

Oh I just double checked and you're right. 

1 hour ago, Big C said:

Petey has given us 3 A+ grades so far. He has never been so high on the Bills.

After the 1st rnd draft they had each of the NFL network hosts name a team that had the best round, Casserly picked the Bills. The Allen pick generated a wide difference of opinions, but Casserly was a scout with the Skins and then a GM for 16 years and has 3 SB rings so I will take his over the former players and sports personalities.

30 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

After the 1st rnd draft they had each of the NFL network hosts name a team that had the best round, Casserly picked the Bills. The Allen pick generated a wide difference of opinions, but Casserly was a scout with the Skins and then a GM for 16 years and has 3 SB rings so I will take his over the former players and sports personalities.

You sure you aren't taking his opinion simply b/c he likes the guy your team just drafted?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

You sure you aren't taking his opinion simply b/c he likes the guy your team just drafted?

I figured that was implied, that said, I respect the opinion of an actual successful scout and gm more than some talking head TV guy.

Just saw that Phillips did more bench reps than anyone at the combine, 42. I saw him play a lot in college and once in person and he was always hard to handle. Led the nation in tackles by DT last year with over 100. So ya, I am pretty happy with this pick.

Edited by Turk71

5 hours ago, Logic said:

Me three. Ever since the very first time I read about him, he stood out as the most obvious Sean McDermott player that will ever exist. 

Wrestling champion, member of the 40-40 club, off-the-charts intangibles, high motor, team captain...he may be more McDermott-y than McDermott! If they could just draft 7 Harrison Phillipses every year, I'm pretty sure they would. If you want to know what "Bills DNA" looks like, just check out this dude.

And now to hear that the first time he ever met McDermott, coach immediately tried a wrestling move on him! Pure gold. Makes me like coach even more. 

Outstanding pick and just like Mayock said: "Kyle Williams Jr". Love, love, love it.

You forgot to mention that he's also a devout christian

35 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Blue collar, lunch pail, high motor .

Right, that and  42 bench reps, 3 time state wrestling champ, 40 Wonderlic Stanford grad; I think other teams were too intimidated :lol:. McD the former wrestler must be lovin it.   http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2769386-harrison-phillips-nfl-draft-2018-scouting-report-for-buffalo-bills-pick     check out the NFL comparison. He led Stanford in tackles from the nose tackle position.:pirate:

Edited by Turk71
  • Thank you (+1) 1