Introducing Myself, and some Allen thoughts

Hey guys, my name is Anthony and I'm one of the bloggers/writers for the official BillsMafia page. I've been a long time lurker on the site and I wanted to wait until after the draft to join because well.... It was a little messy around here, and being the opinionated person that I am, I didn't want to get sucked into more debates (of which I had my fill of on Twitter alone).

On Allen: During the draft process, I was a relatively vocal Allen retractor on Twitter. I just felt/feel that he has too much historical and analytical data against him that bodes poorly for his trajectory as a franchise signal-caller. Watching his film against both lowly and heavier competition didn't inspire much confidence in my mind either. That being said, he might not be the QB I wanted, but he is our QB now. Beane took a big swing here and Allen's success will either make or break his career as an NFL GM. All we can do now is hold out hope that the coaches can fix his glaring issues.

Whether or not you've chosen to accept what has gone down, supporters and retractors of Allen should respect each other's opinions. Can't hate a fan who can find fair, well thought-out criticisms of his game, and you can't hate the guy who wants to put their faith in our management team. At the end of the day, Allen and Allen alone will hold the keys to his fate and let's face it, we are all going to watch and root hard for him once September comes around.

Am I disappointed? Yeah, a little. I was a Rosen guy from the jump, and my heart sunk a little when we didn't pick him but I'm glad the organization got a guy that they feel comfortable with.

Side Note: The Edmunds pick was MONEY! Big fan of his.

Would love to hear all of your thoughts! GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 10

well said.. Unfortunately that has never been the M.O. of Bills fans on forums.

this will have to shake itself out, and that probably is not possible till we see him in some games

12 minutes ago, YouGotBuffaloed said:

Hey guys, my name is Anthony and I'm one of the bloggers/writers for the official BillsMafia page. I've been a long time lurker on the site and I wanted to wait until after the draft to join because well.... It was a little messy around here, and being the opinionated person that I am, I didn't want to get sucked into more debates (of which I had my fill of on Twitter alone).

On Allen: During the draft process, I was a relatively vocal Allen retractor on Twitter. I just felt/feel that he has too much historical and analytical data against him that bodes poorly for his trajectory as a franchise signal-caller. Watching his film against both lowly and heavier competition didn't inspire much confidence in my mind either. That being said, he might not be the QB I wanted, but he is our QB now. Beane took a big swing here and Allen's success will either make or break his career as an NFL GM. All we can do now is hold out hope that the coaches can fix his glaring issues.

Whether or not you've chosen to accept what has gone down, supporters and retractors of Allen should respect each other's opinions. Can't hate a fan who can find fair, well thought-out criticisms of his game, and you can't hate the guy who wants to put their faith in our management team. At the end of the day, Allen and Allen alone will hold the keys to his fate and let's face it, we are all going to watch and root hard for him once September comes around.

Am I disappointed? Yeah, a little. I was a Rosen guy from the jump, and my heart sunk a little when we didn't pick him but I'm glad the organization got a guy that they feel comfortable with.

I feel the same.  Good post.

15 minutes ago, YouGotBuffaloed said:

if only i could figure out what a retractor is, i'd be good.

welcome

:beer:

Welcome. Solid first post.

Pretty much agree with everything you’ve said. I was also hoping for Rosen but as fans we have to acknowledge that McBeane had their choice of either Josh and they chose Allen. I’m not a scout and admit don’t know much about Allen other than he has a canon arm. He’s the one they picked for reasons at this point they are only privy to. I’m assuming their following the Carolina model they had with Cam and Luke ( in Edmunds case). Maybe they didn’t like Rosen’s elitus attitude and thought he’d be tougher to develop and coach. Allen will have a chance to develop and work on the craft, he strikes me as a hard worker.  Maybe one day be the face of the franchise for the next 15 years.

Welcome.

However, before we allow new posters to express opinions about current scenarios, they must first set forth their positions on the Flutie v. Johnson debate, whether Ralph meddled, the true role of Russ Brandon, and whether prior regimes can be faulted for failing to get Sammy Watkins into space.

• Like (+1) 1

I think we should support the kid until he betrays us through off field behavior, or proves incapable after being given a fair opportunity.

He is just a young man coming to our region (Bills Country) and the Mafia should be hospitable.

There is so much vitriol that the sentiment may be that Josh has to fail to protect these unhappy egos.

I am going to give the man a chance and treat him with respect, the way I would like to be treated if I was a stranger coming to a foreign town.

I had Rosen rated 5th in this drafts QB class because of concussion issues. Should he sustain two more concussion, I believe his father, an MD, will convince Josh to forgo his NFL career in favor of his mental health. That being said, I felt Allen was the best NFL QB in the group, and am very happy  Beane/McDermott chose Allen. The Bills got the best QB in this year's class. Bills Fans go celebrate.

29 minutes ago, YouGotBuffaloed said:

I didn't have a horse in the QB race.  They all ade me a bit nervous, each for his own particular reasons, but I agree with your post.  Josh Allen is McBeane's choice as QB of the future.   If he works out as planned, the sky is the limit, so I'm going to hope for the best.

Oh you poor, poor man.......these boards are no place for any rational thoughts.

Now, if you want to get into misinformation, conjecture, falsehoods, irrational speculation, etc. then welcome aboard......and leave all this common sense at the door.

26 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Welcome.

However, before we allow new posters to express opinions about current scenarios, they must first set forth their positions on the Flutie v. Johnson debate, whether Ralph meddled, the true role of Russ Brandon, and whether prior regimes can be faulted for failing to get Sammy Watkins into space.

Sammy is an "advance reptilian solar being".    He came from Space.

• Haha (+1) 1